Why is the Bay so popular???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2007
I am from Minnesota but am now living in the Bay area, and when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture out there is strong but the radio play is lacking. What makes local artists here get radio play and even there own shows? what is it that makes Bay better? ( Don't get me wrong, THE BAY GOES!!!, I am just wondering why people elsewhere don't have as much love for their local artists)

Mar 4, 2006
I don't really understand your paragaraph.
The Bay is so popular because we're game inventors, trend setters and like Toriano said "It's the Home of the Mackin".

Nov 7, 2005
Sierra said:
I am from Minnesota but am not living in the Bay area, and when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture out there is strong but the radio play is lacking. What makes local artists here get radio play and even there own shows? what is it that makes Bay better? ( Don't get me wrong, THE BAY GOES!!!, I am just wondering why people elsewhere don't have as much love for their local artists)
somebody gotta start doing major shows out there for local artists. back in the days dudes out here would get halls or mason lodges and just do insane promotion. place hold 500 and dudes would pass out 20-30 thousand flyers. literally sell out the building by 10 pm. do some all ages shows up there and do that much promo and watch a couple of thousand people show up. after a couple of shows like that your local scene will be on fire

Jan 1, 2006
I think it's the geography of our location... the Bay Area is like the main artery linked up by all the freeways. We all stay connected and I think it's that closeness that brings people together as a whole. Mostly KMEL is good for this, WILD 949 secured MISTAH F.A.B. but in reality KMEL is the only station that dedicates time for local artists.

Mar 30, 2006
Shit...the bay cultivates alot of culture and music...From Sly and the Family Stone, Too $hort, Santana, Tony Toni Tone, Hiero,Hyphy Mvment...Alot of shit goes down...Postive, Negative...Theres a big underground also because we dont really like LA or NY where you got Major labels directly supporting artists out here...

Feb 9, 2006
CUZ CLEARLY THE BAY IS THE SHIT... YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IF YA LIVED OUT HEA... THIS IS WHAT I CALL HOME... AND IM DAYMN PROUD TO BE LIVIN OUT HEA TOO... OH YEA AND ALSO DA BAY GOT GAME!!!!!! END IT THERE

Feb 27, 2007
BAYZFINEST said:
CUZ CLEARLY THE BAY IS THE SHIT... YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IF YA LIVED OUT HEA... THIS IS WHAT I CALL HOME... AND IM DAYMN PROUD TO BE LIVIN OUT HEA TOO... OH YEA AND ALSO DA BAY GOT GAME!!!!!! END IT THERE
I do live out here, in Richmond, read better

Nov 9, 2006
cause we support our own artists , we are unique individuals , and the artist style and swagger serves to our cultures likings , in other words we aint feelin any1 else but the bay ya dig , holla at a pimp haha

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Sierra said:
I am from Minnesota but am not living in the Bay area, and when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture out there is strong but the radio play is lacking. What makes local artists here get radio play and even there own shows? what is it that makes Bay better? ( Don't get me wrong, THE BAY GOES!!!, I am just wondering why people elsewhere don't have as much love for their local artists)

Sierra said:
I do live out here, in Richmond, read better
What in that makes us think you live in Richmond??

Nov 27, 2006
Sierra said:
I am from Minnesota but am now living in the Bay area, and when I went home recently I realized that the underground culture out there is strong but the radio play is lacking. What makes local artists here get radio play and even there own shows? what is it that makes Bay better? ( Don't get me wrong, THE BAY GOES!!!, I am just wondering why people elsewhere don't have as much love for their local artists)
where in minnesota u from cause i was born in st. paul and lived there till i was 10 then moved to the bay

Mar 28, 2006
we have our own culture out here, and its not just the hyphy culture..the bays always had a differnt swagger then anywhere else and we've always been proud of it. So we listen to shit that relates to our own lifestyles. they rap about shit we know and see everyday. Also i think the independent hustle out here has made it possible for everyone to hear about the rappers and shit..they throw huge shows for us out here and show us alot of love so we show love back.