Why is Big Von Promoting Dorrough Music more than He is any bay Album that came out?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
Dude be on the air talkin bout it all the time and making sure the song get spins at least once a hour and he be on twitter promoting it but he didnt do dat for Jacka or yuk's album or anybody else's album.Is he eatin off dude?

Sep 30, 2008
SHOUT TO D TOWN! HIS ALBUM DID COME OUT CLEAN. DALLAS GOT LOVE FOR THE BAY TOO, THE DJ'S ARE TRYING TO BRIDGE THE GAP. CROSS PROMOTION.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
just a tid bit of information for yall..... big von actually was thee 1st radio dj to spin that ice cream paint job song. so he kinda of broke dorrough to the world.....

not that it makes a difference, but what ever.

Apr 25, 2002
cus he dont owe Yuk or Jack nothin, he dont owe no "bay" artist nothin.........he's in the business and as much as u like to believe it, not everybody in the "bay" likes Yuk or Jacka.............if their appeal was that strong they would be everywhere Dorrough is...........

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
It's a BUSINESS! Just like when one of my dudes comes through and wants a beat, or wants a song recorded, etc.

Yea, that dude might be my boy, but I don't mix business and friendship, feel me? I have to eat and pay my bills just like everybody else. So, that cat can be my dude on the weekend or when we're not recording...but when it's business, money changes hands PERIOD!

Big Von is conducting business. If people want to hear something, they request it. My bet is Big Von is going off popular demand instead of who he might know in the Bay...which is what it's all about.

Sep 1, 2008
cus he dont owe Yuk or Jack nothin, he dont owe no "bay" artist nothin.........he's in the business and as much as u like to believe it, not everybody in the "bay" likes Yuk or Jacka.............if their appeal was that strong they would be everywhere Dorrough is...........
YOU ACT LIKE EVERYBODY LIKE DORROUGH.

HE AINT SELLIN NO RECORDS.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
lets not forget that dorrough is 1 of the headliners for the "bay area block party" i.e. the new summer jam. its the business trade off. if i know von, he probably dont like dorrough music either. its just his job.

vons job is to deal with multimillionaires daily and explain to them why the numbers are how they are. why the jacka had 35+spins a week he didnt have a record in stores. there was no business reason to push him until he had an album out. well dorrough had a catchy song, von broke it, it blew up and he does sell indie records. he is head lining the block party with r kelly. thats that.

when the bay wakes up and realizes von is only doing a job, and his personal feelings (while they can hurt you more than help you) dont dictate what the big bosses say to play. a national top 40 is in place to compete with sirius satellite radio. you can go to any city in the country and hear 30+ or the same songs on clear channel stations.

some regions push for more "local" slots in the top 40 and the big money markets have less room for play.

remember, when you make your music, you are competing with the rest of the country. not just your street. make the state feel you, and kmel will follow right with it.

i was on the phone with von 3 months ago and told him drake was gonna blow up and he hadnt even given dude a listen. turn on kmel today and dude is on every 4th/5th song. cause he got to buzzin.

the game is more checkers than chess...... that is if your pieces you play with play along with you.......