Why Doesnt A-Wax have any shows in the bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
Most artist(all music) out there thats makin real money off they music is making it off shows and tours...not cd sales

Look at artist like tech nine...he gettin breaded off shows and merchandise...times change and downloading an album for free is the way a lot of ppl get there music.

Now with the wax thang im sure dude would do shows if the money was right...but apperntly he aint gettin those offers he wants so it is what it is...you got to sell tickets to get booked if you cant then thats why you dont see certain artist out there touring...i doubt its cuz dude is scared to do shows in the bay...

is a few hundred worth it???

Not when you can hit one knock and make tripple that or more...just my 2 cents

Apr 25, 2002
fact is wax got 2 strikes and beef... wtf can u not understand bout him not wanting to do shows?????????? take your couple hundred and wipe your ass with it... most people can never understand how a 2 striker has to move... theres no more slaps on the wrist.... dude is doin just fine without shows in the bay..
and you gotta respect that...

but everybody else's excuse is some dumb ass non motivated thinkin your too good for what you dont have bullshit...if you aint in shoes like Wax, give or take a half size or so, there aint no excuse if your hungry and think bigger than "the bay".

Wax got that grimey ass east coast style, but he uses better music and better with his rhymes and patterns. thats where he should be tryna break through.......

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
Most upcoming artists would jump at the opportunity to do a show to build your brand and get the word out there. 300 or not, its also promo opportunity and a chance to sell more records.

I cant not tell you how many shows we did for free or for 500 or less. It greatly benefited us as a whole to get the parties rockin and promote. That is how you build a brand.

Not sure how you can continue to move forward when your selling less than 3k on your albums and turn down shows in your hometown. If you don't have your own place locked down, chances are your not doing shows elsewhere either.

He is a good artist tho. Aside from it all, he is really good.

I wore my 17's today and remembered how good 65 gz waz. My guess is he either does not know how to do a show, or he is scared from what may happen to him if he does given what he did on his smear campaign from 05-10

Feb 16, 2006
most likely he relying on that konvict hook to kick in and put him on the worldwide map and he can just skip the bay. but lets be real dude got the best political game in the bay. he hooked with konvict and all out of state connected to huge name artist without having any real following at home. gotta give dude props for networking. if he did do a show in the bay he couldn't sell 50 tickets. but when his konvict shit get started he gonna go gold and all that would change

Feb 16, 2006
he hasn't been fucking with konvict for a minute
didn't know that. well he still good with his networking because he has managed to link up with some of the biggest names out there. think he making a mistake by not doing more to secure his backyard, but his ambition is bigger than the bay. hope it dont backfire on him

Dec 5, 2005
so y have beef n portray urself to be some superblood red rags everywhere if u can't even do shows in ur area? N yall talkin about hotels n flights aint worth the money. Promoters usually pay for that

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
lol, did you even read the thread?
he trying to clean up that mess he been makin for himself with a semi cool comment.....

so y have beef n portray urself to be some superblood red rags everywhere if u can't even do shows in ur area? N yall talkin about hotels n flights aint worth the money. Promoters usually pay for that
Book him for a show young bay..... put your bread up and He will do his part! Bread bread or fake dead!

Aug 14, 2009
Fillmoe
being signed to a major is not what its cracked up to be. its been plenty of artist signed to major labels and was always on the back burner. if he is able to reach out and do bigger things thats one thing but it still will be in peoples minds out here that a lot of muthafuckas dont like him because of all that mob figaz shit. I dont know of anyone from the Lo in the P that knocks that nigga shit period.

credit is given when it is due and he has skills but bridges should of never got burnt, unfortunately its been a lot of that between a lot of different artist around the bay. I hope shit works out for him and everybody else because there is plenty of money to go around but when you put certain shit in the atmosphere you have to be willing to accept what ever comes back to you rather good or bad,bottom line

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
^Always the authority on everything...you're a moron if you think no one in 'the p' listens to Wax. You're like a kid at a party that bothers all the grown ups that never gets watched by his parents. Listen more, talk less, then your opinion will actually carry weight.

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
being signed to a major is not what its cracked up to be. its been plenty of artist signed to major labels and was always on the back burner. if he is able to reach out and do bigger things thats one thing but it still will be in peoples minds out here that a lot of muthafuckas dont like him because of all that mob figaz shit. I dont know of anyone from the Lo in the P that knocks that nigga shit period.

credit is given when it is due and he has skills but bridges should of never got burnt, unfortunately its been a lot of that between a lot of different artist around the bay. I hope shit works out for him and everybody else because there is plenty of money to go around but when you put certain shit in the atmosphere you have to be willing to accept what ever comes back to you rather good or bad,bottom line
I feel that 100 %! You reap what you sow... Put out negative energy and bullshit, and its what will come back to you! Thats life!
I doubt A-Wax will ever have a huge following in the Bay just based off the comments and position's he was airing out in public towards the Mob Figaz... He may have 'some' talent but that will get over shadowed by the general publics opinion of him... IMO, he was FORCED to move his business out of the Bay because of this, but to each his own... I think if he can focus his energy into some positive shit he has potential to make it in the General Industry, especially now hes fuckin with Waka Flocka/ the Brick Squad Camp.. their not my type of music by any stretch but you gotta be an idiot to not recognize the Buzz and Attention their getting across the country esp. the South.
A lot of Bay area rap cats have been networking in other major cities across the country, esp. Atlanta + Houston to try and get a national fan base and I think with the right talent and push behind you it is possible... We'll just wait and see as far as Wax goes. Another thing about him is all that Blood shit, Im sure he could gain attention as the token White guy who claims Blood (esp. cause thats the trend for popular rap these days!) but I doubt many cats in the Bay are feelin that! How u gonna gang bang and try n represent the Bay at the same time? Shit just doesnt make sense..

Feb 16, 2006
^Always the authority on everything...you're a moron if you think no one in 'the p' listens to Wax. You're like a kid at a party that bothers all the grown ups that never gets watched by his parents. Listen more, talk less, then your opinion will actually carry weight.
a-wax is clean on the mic, but none of my folks in the 'p' fuck with him at all. he's the tightest dude with the smallest fan base