why does everyone wanna be gangstas..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 27, 2003
RoyaltyRecordz.com
i was just curious but why is it that the West Coast produces 90000000000000 emcees that all sound the same...can someone please tell me this...im not downing no one...im just tryin ta get a general idea from the folks reppin this side...so someone please help the kid out...aiight...

Phenomenal

Jun 27, 2003
RoyaltyRecordz.com
ayyo fridge...so youre tellin me that if you had tha chance to get a contract with Def Jam,Aftermath or The R.O.C. you wouldnt do it...and please explain to me what that has to do with so many people on the west sounding the same and talkin about the same thing...you got them cats T-Nutty, X-Raided,Luni Coleone....they all spit about tha same shyt as the next man...just in different words...wheres tha creativity...please dont say tha beats...cause almost all they beats that are horrible...with no imagination...and since youre up here in Wa. right along with me...why is it that theres not alot of people that are original...ive heard a few cats that i would actually listen to...like that cat Sarkastik...hes pretty dope nice delivery...i can actually see him doin things for the west...now if people were more like him...and have originality...i feel tha west could actually take it back to 95 and have tha country on LOCK DOWN...but until then...the east and the south are gonna run shyt...what do you think fam...gimme your opinion...

Peace..
Phenomenal

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Hehehe...

Honestly, I feel you. I think the area is on the rise right now and I won't point any fingers, but some cats are gonna blow up within the next few years taking the area with them.

Those cats who you're speaking about who all have the same styles are probably gonna get left behind, with very few of them seeing spotlight at all. However, cats with that voice do appeal to a large group of people, so those cats get there hustle on and make something out of there music.

Not every person can be new and creative, or else nothing would ever catch on. I wouldn't even expect half the cats to be new... they stay true to what they feel.
As far as going 'Back to '95', I think that would be a terrible place to be, in my mind... let's take it to 2005, give them that decade to sleep on the West, give them something they didn't expect... I just hope the West is ready to pounce when the time comes.

I see potential and I see potent knock offs, but what I don't see is major unity and that's what needs to happen first, if we all want a piece of the cookie.

Jun 27, 2003
RoyaltyRecordz.com
you know what...youre the first person that actually gave me a legitimate response to that question...ive asked alot of people that same question since ive been in Wa...and ive heard alotta other bullshit ass answers...but you gave a very well spoken anwer...thanks fam...its good to see that you do have an open mind and didnt try ta act hostile when someone asked about the West...fa reals...and i feel you on that "take it to 2005"...fa reals...i want you to check out my label...or get at me on AIM...aiight...

www.royaltyrecordz.com

thats my label...get at me...

Peace...

Phenomenal

paso

Sicc OG
Jun 4, 2002
HOW THE FUK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME SHIT HOMIE. FOLKZ LIVE THE SAME LIFE IN DIFFERENT AREA KODES, DONT BLAME THE MUZIK BLAME LIFE