Why Do it seems like NFL Players Fuck Up More With Roger Goodell As Commissioner?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
80'S babies and 90's babies are doomed! its not goodells fault that
"going the scrip club aint no sin... aint nuttin wrong wit da scrip club" -PacMan
in the old days everybody did the same shit, but players wernt on some look at me attention whore type shit, they did it with some class, what happened in the club, stayed in the club...... In Bill Walsh's book, he said the 82 49ers sucked, cause they where all coked out, from partying at the super bowl.

Apr 25, 2002
Goodell is no Pete Rozell or Paul Tagliabue...This dude seems like he wants to whipe u out of work but players seem to be getting into alot more trouble and for alot more serious offenses since he became commisioner....This dude seems to get off on making examples of players in the league so why do these 80's babies in the NFL keep fucking up?
feminization of america, tabloid like reporting goin on with the major sport networks and media that covers sports. i think back in the day there was some respect for players private lives but now everyone is a bunch of gossiping little girls

Dec 2, 2006
its something in the water. having the ability to possibly have a career as a proffessional athlete out weighs all that non-sense. i can say that now but couldnt at 18. these kids go from the hood to college to the nfl with millions not knowing how to act.

Apr 25, 2002
and i hope they NEVER win a super bowl cause of that, Vick brought the falcons more $$$ and fans then any player they will ever have.
Matt Ryan is looking like he's the real deal. He is a true QB. That being said, if Ryan makes even more progress like he is expected to, they probably have a better shot at winning a SuperBowl with him than they would have ever had with Vick.

Apr 25, 2002
Thats my point...He was employed by the Falcons and they were already dicsipling him...Read my last post again with Fatals quote above it and you'll get what I was saying cuz obviously something went over your head.
What you're failing to understand is we're talking about ROGER GOODELL (specifically) handing down punishments. This is not about the Falcons punishing Vick. The argument is Goodell is abusing his power by forcing Vick to miss more than just one season when Stallworth will only miss one season, but Goodell hasn't forced Vick to miss any time yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Goodell didn't punish Vick when he missed the 2007 season, that was the Falcons. Nothing went over my head, you're the one arguing something completely different.

May 30, 2006
As for Vick missing the last couple years.. That's not because he was suspended. It was because of the legal issues he had to tend to and the Falcons organization decided not to roll with him. Vick's official suspension will likely begin this year and will probably only last one season, just like Stallworth's. You can get your little power trip theory and try to find more points to back it up with because this one is invalid.

You said this

Vick was not active for the 2007 season and that was befoe he wa locked up....Legal issues alone don't keep u from playing it didn't keep Kobe from playing the 2003-04 NBA season....Its obvious Vick was already suffering some type of penalty way back then.
I said this...Tending to his legal issues was not the reason for him missing the season...It was because the Falcons were discipling him...And i also pointed out that Kobe was facing serious charges and tending to legal issues as well a couple years prior but missed no time cuz the Lakers didn't discipline him....

What you're failing to understand is we're talking about ROGER GOODELL (specifically) handing down punishments. This is not about the Falcons punishing Vick. The argument is Goodell is abusing his power by forcing Vick to miss more than just one season when Stallworth will only miss one season, but Goodell hasn't forced Vick to miss any time yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Goodell didn't punish Vick when he missed the 2007 season, that was the Falcons. Nothing went over my head, you're the one arguing something completely different.

Then u come back with this shit when the reason why I quoted u in my other post was for something entirly different as u can see/read....So yes that went over ur head.

May 30, 2006
Players seem to appear hood cuz they are influenced by hip hop but alot of them come from middle class families and pretty decent upbringing and also went to pretty decent high schools.

There are some that came from the hood like Pac-Man Jones, Donte Stallworh, Keyshawn Johnson, Marshawn Lynch and some others did grow up in the hood but most of them dudes ain't never seen the turf unless it was on the football field.

Jul 5, 2009
all I know is if I get a dui I get fired and I have an office job. motherfuckers are out here killing shit and the get to come back to playing a game for millions. if they fuck up that's on them. goodell is doing what he has to do to maintain his business. I don't feel bad for all these dudes who get suspended. just wait til 90's babies fuck up after seeing the conseuences they are facing now. goodell gonna be kick mofo's out the league if these millionaires don't act right in the future.
I feel u on that but as far as athletes/entertainers go, they bring in a lot of revenue so someone will hire them. Ordinary people like us people dont compare.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
It may not just be the players fuckin up more with goodell, its also more of Tagilibue and Rozell not really punishing players for shit they did wrong besides substance abuse and stuff