Who's watching this Bling'd: Blood Diamonds doc on VH1?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2002
Raekwon, Paul Wall, Tego Calderon & that Asian jeweler guy take a trip to Sierra Leone. Gripping stuff. Between this, the PBS doc, the CNN special and the hip-hop history weekend on BET, a lotta food for though. But will anybody pay attention?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i watched the first 45 minutes of it and had to leave, but it was pretty dope. i losing some respect for Raekwon when he wouldnt get outta the bus at the amputee camp, but at least he finally manned up and just did it

Nov 27, 2006
i was gonna watch it but i forgot, i saw like 20 mins at the end and the part i saw looked good, hopefully it will be on again soon but u never know because all thats ever on vh1 is that damn white rapper show

Dec 25, 2003
That's the reason why I don't buy diamonds nor support the bling!!!!!!
All the starvin natives taking every risk to find diamonds while all their rich folks spends tons of money on diamonds just to live on the lap luxury!!!
Fuck that!!! But that's how it is in this contradicting world!!!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
raekwon taking his chain out of his shirt (hip hop niggas tuck yo chain in sierra leone) and saying "THANK YOU!" to about 50 black kids who probably had not eaten for the last 3 days in order to look for diamonds, was pretty fuckign insensitive.

im glad he got his fat ass off the bus to see the amputees.

tego calderon and paul wall had no personality about them whatsoever..it shoulda just been raekwon

the only thing funny was when paul walls airplane seat was moving by itself and he was like HOLLUP BABY

but peace to paul wall buying all them battered women reebok shoes and shit all the way from america..

it was almost a little embarrassing to watch but it was dope to see.
or to have rae be like "we goin over there to get them real diamonds..them blue ones them green ones nah mean"

paul wall nor raekwon should have left with they chains or grills..all that shit shoulda been sold and the moneys be given to them kids...

and rae seemed like he wanted to beat down the white dude in charge of the diamon sifting

Feb 13, 2006
i thought it was a pretty well made documentary. it did more to expose the situation on the diamond trade than punk ass russell simmons did with his trip care of de breers jewelers.

i dont think the situation can be easily fixed by not buying diamonds. the indigenous peoples of the area still need to eat somehow. we really need to see a change in the structure and institution of how the diamond business operates. and i think thats what it did a good job in showing. if the natives were able to control their product and take care of the exports, cutting, etc of the diamonds they would greatly benefit more. from what i have read, there has been some push for this to occur, but it still has a long way to go. if anything comes out of this, i hope that it gives people a better perspective of understanding how the diamond trade works.

shit diamonds aren't even that precious. cubic zirconium is rarer than it, but since the diamond retailers have such a strong control of the market, they're able to manipulate its cost and appeal. you see how the natives didnt understand what the whole big deal about diamonds was? they could care less if raekwon had some bling on.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^which is the total tragedy/beauty of this situation. u take one group of people, who are surrounded by diamonds, (uncut, unfinished, but still) and it means nothing to them, but a way to eat. theres no materialism for them in it. in america, u take another group of people, and to them, diamonds mean something totally different, to show off affluence and wealth and to show something that u at one point werent able to have.

Dec 17, 2004
i just watched that blood diamond documentary. and i guess it was entertaining to say the least.

entertaining to watch one of the biggest ignorant dumb fucks ive seen on tv run his mouth for an hour and sound like a complete idiot. and yes im talking about raekwon. we just couldnt stop lauging at all the mindless nonsense that kept coming out of that poor guys mouth. when he was getting all mad at the head guy of the mining territory and diamond distribution. its like he just now got introduced to the concept of profit and exploitation. and hes yelling at this guy to do more for the people (in a very innocent elementary way), yet in that same show he thanks the starving african kids for the chain on his neck. he just reminded me of one of those loud 12 year old kids who just talk and talk but continue to say stupid shit that just makes you shake your head.

and that tego calderon guy, i think is brain dead. and he makes reggaeton music so he can burn in hell

paul wall probably had the best grasp of what was going on, but hes still gonna keep doing what he does. and his little asian sidekick was just there on a business trip to see how he can raise his diamond profits in any way

so yeah, pretty funny hour of television watching dumbasses try to be educated

Jun 15, 2005
carl winslow said:
entertaining to watch one of the biggest ignorant dumb fucks ive seen on tv run his mouth for an hour and sound like a complete idiot. and yes im talking about raekwon. we just couldnt stop lauging at all the mindless nonsense that kept coming out of that poor guys mouth. when he was getting all mad at the head guy of the mining territory and diamond distribution. its like he just now got introduced to the concept of profit and exploitation. and hes yelling at this guy to do more for the people (in a very innocent elementary way), yet in that same show he thanks the starving african kids for the chain on his neck. he just reminded me of one of those loud 12 year old kids who just talk and talk but continue to say stupid shit that just makes you shake your head.
This is EXACTLY what I thought.

Mar 4, 2006
It's interesting to hear how you guys comment on Raekwon's behavior. I don't know why but while Im reading this thread I keep thinking what if Pac went out there. I wonder how he would have behaved.