Whoever dosen't go out and cop Ya Boy - "Rookie of the Year" has no business here....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 28, 2002
Whoever dosen't go out and cop Ya Boy - "Rookie of the Year" has no business here....

For years the bay has been relying on somebody to carry the torch to superstar status in the industry, and I have no doubt in my mind that individual is Ya Boy. This shit is a classic, and if we don't buy it nobody else will. Lets all support this shit and make it happen ourselves...

VIVA LA HYPHY!!!

May 13, 2002
cHeWdOGG said:
For years the bay has been relying on somebody to carry the torch to superstar status in the industry, and I have no doubt in my mind that individual is Ya Boy. This shit is a classic, and if we don't buy it nobody else will. Lets all support this shit and make it happen ourselves...

VIVA LA HYPHY!!!
4realz... everybody in the bay needs to support this album. this album has a universal appeal and i can see all the coasts bumpin this shit. but the shit ain't gonna happen unless we go out and buy the album. if you got a burned copy, literally burn that shit and chuck that shit in the fireplace. pick up the original.

YA BOY - ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

... and i know alot of yall can't find the album in your local record spots. you can find the album online.

YA BOY - ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Apr 7, 2004
ego crusher I dont know you but this some real shit fuck what you talking about. Every bay album I copt this year to me is shitting on most major albums that was put out this year so far. The only album out right now that was good from a major is young jezzy that boy put it down and I ain't holding nothing against him. But for you to say the bay ain't putting out quality music. What the fuck you mean. R.I.P to mac dre but there is niggas in the bay that is shitting on his lastest work. I dont know if nioggas dont wont to speak up cause the man is gone but im going to keep it 100. I have every mac dre album to ever to drop and I love his music just as well as pac but come on man there is better shit droping. San quinn,ya boy,mess,keak,the team thats just to name a few feel me. But yeah I got my copy on order right now and I will be putting money in this nigga pocket cause I think this nigga ya boy put in his fare share of work plus the nigga go hard.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Ego Crusher said:
checkmate..when the fuck is that album ever comin out? u had that same sig for like a year...lol
Its coming out either at the end of this year or early next. i was tryin to get my financial situation right. plus there were a lot of older songs i didnt like anymore. i want that shit to sound like a major release. shit takes time fam when you aimin to make a classic. Trust me it will be worth the wait so there is no need to rush. There is material on here that we put together over year and a half.

Oct 19, 2004
Ego Crusher said:
nobody its just a fact...local artists with major airplay aint even sellin... keak's dope game shit sold like 2000 maybe so far...thas disgusting. aint nobody in the bay sold over 10,000 this year, or last.. except cuththroat commitee, and maybe the US Open...
Wrong The jacka shit sold over 10,000 and is probably over 20,000 at this point. And trust me dope game might not have sold well but I guarantee that Keaks solo "kunta kinte" is gonna move MAJOR units. All the heavy hitters in the Bay like San quinn, e 40, the team, balance, yukmouth, B la, and turf talk all have releases set to drop this year so dont speak too soon. I guarantee you wont be able to make that statement after all they shit drop. The second half of the year is gonna be big for the Bay.

And how you gonna say Ya Boys album sales are being hurt when the shit only came out last week? Let some time go by before you comment on soem shit like that.

Sep 18, 2002
www.thejacka.com
threefoe said:
Wrong The jacka shit sold over 10,000 and is probably over 20,000 at this point. And trust me dope game might not have sold well but I guarantee that Keaks solo "kunta kinte" is gonna move MAJOR units.
We are not at 20k yet, hopefully with the video finally gettn out there we will see it. Dont count out Quinn on that statement, he moved a lot of units. Were all going in the right direction though so yall stay supportin!!

May 3, 2002
franknitty said:
We are not at 20k yet, hopefully with the video finally gettn out there we will see it. Dont count out Quinn on that statement, he moved a lot of units. Were all going in the right direction though so yall stay supportin!!
Man, i cant believe Jacka doesnt have higher numbers.. i think he's definately one of the top picks outta the bay to blow. He just has that sound and flow. I dont get why so many people sleepin on him.