Who will be first to hit TRL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Who from the Bay is gonna be the first to be on TRL? Or will that even happen? I'm not a supporter of the show but if some artist from the Bay happens to get on the show.. you know he/she done went commercial/big time! What yall think?

A

askgarcia

AnthonyCG said:
i think E-40 or too short . i think alot of artists oculd make it there if they just put 2-3 radio friendly songs on their album.
would you really want that though?

i wish my fave rappers success but at the same time if they hit the mainstream their music changes...its a given...look at eminems content in music...first mainstream album was a couple of radio songs with some tight jams in it...second album was filled with content that would appeal to teeny boppers...talking about nsync, BSB, etc etc...no matter wether its negative it is still appealing to the mainstream by talking about mainstream pop artists...and the guy is doing videos with goofy outfits, celebrity look a likes, batman and robin themse, tom green skits, come on now...theres plenty of others as well but eminem is an extreme case.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
YOUR ALL WRONG.....!!!!!!! WE ALREADY HAD A CAT FROM THE BAY ON TRL..... HIS NAME WAS "DAIZE" AKA "TAVAREZ" HE WAS ON TRL AND WAS A FINALIST FOR WANNA BE A VJ A YEAR AND A HALF AGO...... HE'S FROM SAN JOSE.... HE HAS AN ALBUM OUT THAT DROPPED ON KEEP IT REAL RECORDS, HE EVEN GOT TO INTERVIEW METHOD MAN, BUT HE BLEW IT, TOOK ALL THE FAME TO HIS HEAD, AND THUS..... AINT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE...

Apr 25, 2002
G.O.D said:
indeed i will be....... put that on my moma..

and if i dont do it.... ill let everyone on bart, get one good punch in
ARE YOU GONNA BUY A TICKET AND SIT WITH THE SCREAMING WHITE GIRLS????J/K

HAD TO TAKE MY PUNCH NOW,JUST COULDN'T WAIT....

Apr 25, 2002
askgarcia said:

would you really want that though?

i wish my fave rappers success but at the same time if they hit the mainstream their music changes...its a given...look at eminems content in music...first mainstream album was a couple of radio songs with some tight jams in it...second album was filled with content that would appeal to teeny boppers...talking about nsync, BSB, etc etc...no matter wether its negative it is still appealing to the mainstream by talking about mainstream pop artists...and the guy is doing videos with goofy outfits, celebrity look a likes, batman and robin themse, tom green skits, come on now...theres plenty of others as well but eminem is an extreme case.
What IF someone from the Bay got on TRL and their music didn't change? I think there's a small chance and is a test to see if this Bay artist is really "real" about his shit...