who took the westcoast where it is today

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
who brought the west to where it is today ??? i dont even wanna know cause on a music level the west is considered shitty right now by the majority of the united states. Now dont get your panties in a bunch and start bitching at me bout how tight the west is cause i think we still got heat but i also face the facts and the facts are we got no love on the mainstream level. Our mainstream right now is known for making a 70's funk song (snoop) and Dissing midgets (dr dre , xzibit) , i know for sure i aint proud of that i think its sick that thats what we are known for right now. Just turn on the tv and write down how many times a east coast artist gets played and then how many times a west coast artist gets played, its some bullshit. I think more people need to follow e-a-ski's lead and say enough is enough fuck all this biting our style then blackballing us outta the limelight its time we step back up and show these bitches the west is and allways will be the hardest.

May 5, 2002
Caput187um said:
the question is: Would there be an east coast or a No Limit without Tupac

Look at all the biters

Ja Rule
DMX
Master P
C Murder

hey bro i don understand what any of those rappers you listed have anything to do with 2pac, they are NOTHING like 2pac , masterP was big before the 2pac era...cmurder what the fuck does he have to do with 2pac he sounds nothing like pac looks nothing like pac and makes music nothing like pacs...ja rule ??? comon now ja rule makes love songs and does remixes with women left and right, just cause he has a bald head and wears a banadana he's like pac?? Dmx i thought dmx looked like pac but i dont think he has a style like pac at all. Lemme know why you think these guys are like pac cause im kinda confused. Peace

May 18, 2002
No problem man, I'll be happy to explain this. Of course, it's subjective, so feel free to disagree. God knows the east coast peeps do.

Master P bought the rights to several Tupac songs, and re recorded them with his own voice and put them out(example, his version of when we ride on our enemies). He tries to sound like Pac, uses Pac's language and image, recorded several tribute tracks to Tupac though the two never met, recorded songs called "made niggaz" and "hitemup" and an entire album called "only god can judge me." C-Murder has been doing the same shit. Master P was not really big before the Tupac era, and the music of the no limit era was undoubtedly a commercial angle on thug rap.

DMX uses the exact same thug image that Tupac perfected. He recorded a song that sampled the same Phill Collins song that Pac's starin at the world through my rearview sampled. Mostly though, X's biting comes from his subject matter, and introspective thug image. I believe this to be X's rough approximation of Tupac. You have to admit, the images of the two are quite similar, and although no one had this kind of introspective thug poet image before Pac, nowadays, everyone seems to want it. Comparing DMX's early 90s shit to his 98-now shit yields an obvious conclusion: DMX sounds a lot more like Pac now than he used to, before Pac had his impact.

Ja Rule falls in a similar catagory. There's various biting on his part all over the spectrum, including the same calculated immitation of 2pac's image. He recorded a new verse on Tupac's old classic "pain," he admits his favorite rapper is Tupac, and he also has recorded tribute songs to Pac, though these two have also never met.

I've been observing rap for a while, and I can honestly say, that after Pac went, the pendolum of rap took a giant swing toward his style, image and subject matter.

peace

May 9, 2002
''I've been observing rap for a while, and I can honestly say, that after Pac went, the pendolum of rap took a giant swing toward his style, image and subject matter. ''

:classic:

WOW Homie,

Thats True Speech Right There

May 9, 2002
But Umm, not to be a smart ass or nothing :

Master P had a Westcoast-style before Pac died but he still stated bitin from 1998 on

but his lil brother made a whole career out of emulatin Pac

it was C-Murder who redid ''WHEN WE RIDE ON...'' on his Bossalinie Album(How Original huh?) before its official release date