Who should be responsible for fixing the problems with blacks in the US?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
CincoCeroCinco said:
What the fuck is with all these fools that think that black people got it worst then other "minorities"? What about the Indians? They got fucked much more then anyone else and are currently struggling much more then blacks.
true.^^^

Apr 25, 2002
CincoCeroCinco said:
Has it gotten to the point where people will only give a fuck about your race if it makes up a big portion of the entertainment business? No matter how much the majority of the people of your race are struggling?
Whats your point?

Apr 25, 2002
CincoCeroCinco said:
Has it gotten to the point where people will only give a fuck about your race if it makes up a big portion of the entertainment business? No matter how much the majority of the people of your race are struggling?
I think you ought to elaborate here...

Sounds like you got a lot of hate or built up frustration towards blacks. If you want to discuss or debate black issues, we can talk about anything from slavery to the affects it has had on black peoples mind, to the racism going on today etc.

It's up to you, don't shy away from it.

Apr 25, 2002
EDJ said:
CINCO CERO CINCO,
IS YOU A CLOSEST RACIST AgAINST BLAK FOLK?
Reading his comments from the Hitler thread on the Open Forum and reading his racially insensitive comments from the Rent-A-Negro thread there is definitly something there.

Apr 25, 2002
CincoCeroCinco said:

What the fuck is with all these fools that think that black people got it worst then other "minorities"? What about the Indians? They got fucked much more then anyone else and are currently struggling much more then blacks.
blacks struggle , so do indios were all apart of the same struggle.

Mar 15, 2003
505 has a good point.

Black folk in America have it bad.

Native Americans just aren't around anymore.

I would guess that the slaughter of native americans by the white man was the largest genocide ever to be committed in terms of total population percentage.

Are there no statistics on this? I would be surprised to see what comes up. EDJ, what about that? The slave trade killed and enslaved millions, but at least for the most part black people survived.

How many American Indians are around today? Two percent, Three percent of the before-colonized amount? I wouldn't be surprised if it was under five.

Apr 25, 2002
already dead. said:
505 has a good point.

Black folk in America have it bad.

Native Americans just aren't around anymore.

I would guess that the slaughter of native americans by the white man was the largest genocide ever to be committed in terms of total population percentage.

Are there no statistics on this? I would be surprised to see what comes up. EDJ, what about that? The slave trade killed and enslaved millions, but at least for the most part black people survived.

How many American Indians are around today? Two percent, Three percent of the before-colonized amount? I wouldn't be surprised if it was under five.
The range of lives lost in the Slave Trade is between 100-200 million over the 4 centuries. This has had a huge impact on Africa the continent.

Anyways this shouldn't be a contest on who has had it worse in the first place.

Mar 18, 2003
Asking the question "who is responsible for fixing black problems" is flat out ignorant to say the least. What makes any of you think that "black problems" should get any more attention than the problems of any other race, culture or any struggling group of people in a fixed area or city for that matter. Fixing the problems of "black" people is no one's responsibility whatsoever, not even “black” people as a whole are responsible for that. Each and every one of you are responsible for your own lives, making something for yourselves and getting an education, that is all your responsibility. Who is responsible for helping poor “white” people? Asian? Mexican? In my own personal opinion, one thing keeping racism alive as strongly as it exists today is people like you guys on this board who think that “black” people are still slaves, you think you are getting treated so fucking badly, get over it because this is as good as it gets my friend. There is always going to be the KKK, idiotic young skinhead/Nazi groups and there are always going to be some racist red-neck cop's who aren't going to like any race and will treat me (“white” German) just as bad for having a “black” girlfriend then they will an average "black" man on the streets. I live in Fresno, California which is as ghetto as it gets and I see African Americans all over taking the initiative and making something for themselves without struggle, because they don't hold themselves back.

Tenkamenin said:
not just on racist white men in the U.S./Europe history
So you think teaching young “black” kids about "whites" and racism is going to be constructive in their lives? Wrong. You are going to link them right back in the chain that you believe you are trying to break them from. They are going to grow up looking at “white” people differently from others, thinking deep behind every “white” person is a racist man. That is a cycle that will continue until it’s broken. Why not work on the “black” and “white” community together rather then focusing on one race, your race. What if I rose up and wanted to help out only the “white” race in America, would I be looked at by the African American community as a person trying to better the race of struggling “whites”, or a KKK affiliate trying to make “white” people superior? You know the answer as well as I do and the reason the answer is that, is because you have all been taught about the history of “whites” and racism, the same thing your trying to teach our young kids. I believe your intentions on helping these “black” people that are in need of it are good, but I think the ways you, as well as many others are going about it are wrong. Once you separate one race from the other weather you are trying to help them or not, you are adding to the problem that plagues our society. Why don't you stop teaching these young "black" kids of a racist “white” world, and bring them together with “white” kids, teach them that they are the same and in doing so teach them the history of the world, weather that be what the Germans did to the Jews, or what the "white" people living in the U.S. at that time did to Africans by enslaving them; teaching them that "white" people enslaved them for hundreds of years is going to include many "white" nationalities that had absolutely nothing to do with it. Don't target "white" people, be specific, if you know so much about slavery, you shouldn’t have a problem with that.

The main thing that keeps racism the way it is today is the unwillingness of African Americans to have an open mind to a solution. All they want to hear is how they have been fucked over and they deserve this and that because people they don't even know were enslaved for hundreds of years. You need to have “black”, “white”, and Mexican political activists come together and work on the community as a whole as opposed to fixing only your problems. If you look at me right now thinking I am racist then you are a prime example of what this paragraph is explaining. A “white” person cannot have any say so in helping “black” people without telling them exactly what they want to hear, yet we have African Americans all over the U.S. asking us why they have it so bad, why can't we do anything about it. This may be hard for some of you to read or understand. Tenk, im not trying to show you up or trying to make you look bad. You want to help out the “black” community, that’s fine. I would love to be right aside you helping the “white” community coexist with them, but that cannot and will not happen because of the way many of you think. You ask all the questions, but you’re afraid of the answers. Im going to make a change in my life, it might be different then yours, I might go about it a different way, but it will be no worse then what you are trying.

Tenkamenin: I wish you success on whatever it is you try to accomplish, and I hope it’s for the better of your people, and not just what’s in your best interest. I know there are many “black” people that have it hard out there and believe me I really feel for them, but specifically targeting them and no one else is adding to the problem. I know that is some ways, in some places “black” people do have it hard, and it is difficult for them to succeed, and I will try as hard to fix that as I will to better the successful chances of struggling “white” communities. I don’t know exactly what im going to do in this life, but I will make a change.

To any of you wishing to reply to me, please don't waist my time by taking one sentence out of a paragraph and telling me im a racist because I don't have time for that childish shit.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
To any of you wishing to reply to me, please don't waist my time by taking one sentence out of a paragraph and telling me im a racist because I don't have time for that childish shit.
fine i wont do that. i wont even take a sentence and say you're dumb as fuck (although thats what im thinking right now)...what i'll simply do is take several sentences and show how you lack knowledge...basically how you arent well versed in the subject matter you speak on.
What makes any of you think that "black problems" should get any more attention than the problems of any other race, culture or any struggling group of people in a fixed area or city for that matter.
black people were used as slaves. black people were stolen and sold into slavery. black civilizations have been decimated due to the evils of "white"/"euro" americans.

how many white people were snatched from europe and used as slaves? how many chinese? how many japanese? what about arabs? how many arabs were forced to endure the hardships of slavery? black people have "different" problems because black people EXPERIENCED a different EXPERIENCE than chinese,arabs,etc etc etc...keep in mind that these people came to america via free will and a chance to seek a better life. africans came to america against their will,suffered degredation etc etc etc. i suggest you pick up a history book.
Fixing the problems of "black" people is no one's responsibility whatsoever, not even “black” people as a whole are responsible for that.
this has to be one of the stupidest statements i have ever read on this board. if a "problem" exists why should it not be fixed? why should the problem not be rectified by the parties who caused it? why should it not be corrected (or attempted to be corrected) by those who EXPERIENCE the problem? i wont even go into that statement anymore. please pick up a book.read.
Each and every one of you are responsible for your own lives, making something for yourselves and getting an education, that is all your responsibility.
i am responsible for my people. if i sold drugs to a pregnant woman and she gives birth to a crack baby am i not responsible for that childs mishap? when this child grows up with birth defects,mental handicaps,etc etc etc am i not to blame? am i not partially responsible? now if i am presented the chances to go to school,become educated,live a fruitful life etc etc etc thats my responsibility. however if i am teh product of an environment that was DESIGNED to keep me MENTALLY (and at times physically) ENSLAVED what can i do? how do i fight the odds when:

1.resources may not be available to me

2.i have no knowledge or means to receive resources that may be available

3.i have lived in certain conditions all my life and have a certain mentality or behavioural pattern that is detremental to myself and other members of society?

are you familiar with black wall street?
Who is responsible for helping poor “white” people? Asian? Mexican?
these people come from countries where they KNOW the culture or tribe they come from. they have ROOTS. the ONLY thing teh majority of blacks in america know is AMERICA and AFRICA. thats VAGUE. who told asians to come to america and become poor? who made poor white people? the same people that are responsible for them coming here should be responsible for the conditions they live in.
In my own personal opinion, one thing keeping racism alive as strongly as it exists today is people like you guys on this board who think that “black” people are still slaves, you think you are getting treated so fucking badly, get over it because this is as good as it gets my friend.
i wont pick apart your opinion. its yours. you are entitled to it. in my opinion "people like you" are keeping racism alive with your "just get over it" sweep it under the rug, oh well...nonchalant type attitude.

are you familiar with black wall street?

There is always going to be the KKK, idiotic young skinhead/Nazi groups and there are always going to be some racist red-neck cop's who aren't going to like any race
i agree.
will treat me (“white” German) just as bad for having a “black” girlfriend then they will an average "black" man on the streets.
you are persecuted because of HER skin color and YOUR choice of mate. would you be descriminated against...in your own words "treated just as bad" if you walked around with a blonde haired,blue eyed barbie doll on your arm????

NO.
I live in Fresno, California which is as ghetto as it gets and I see African Americans all over taking the initiative and making something for themselves without struggle, because they don't hold themselves back.
fresno is as ghetto as it gets? WTF? have you even left california? have you been to new jersey? new york? texas? detroit? chicago? have you been to other parts of cali? oakland? compton? south central? fresno has a black population of how many? does fresno have any large black communities? where are the ghettos in fresno?

im going to skip a lot of your garbage and hit on something you said.
The main thing that keeps racism the way it is today is the unwillingness of African Americans to have an open mind to a solution. All they want to hear is how they have been fucked over and they deserve this and that because people they don't even know were enslaved for hundreds of years.
i made a mistake. ***THIS*** has to be the stupidest thing EVER posted on the internet. how can you POSSIBLY shift the blame of opression to the opressed? that statement can be ripped so many ways its pathetic. african americans dont have an open mind to a solution? first of all what is the PROBLEM? who are the CREATORS of the problem? who are the VICTEMS? blacks dont have an open mind yet you just said that you know blacks in fresno who are making something of themselves...

finally who are YOU to say one mans way of helping his people is right or wrong?

by the way who did YOU help TODAY? i helped MORE homeless whites,arabs and latinos than i did blacks...i even helped a 501c3 church....something i detest....

please learn because your entire thread is based on the following

nothing

oh and excuse my typos.

Mar 18, 2003
HERESY said:
black civilizations have been decimated due to the evils of "white"/"euro" americans.

how many white people were snatched from europe and used as slaves? how many chinese? how many japanese? what about arabs? how many arabs were forced to endure the hardships of slavery? black people have "different" problems because black people EXPERIENCED a different EXPERIENCE than chinese,arabs,etc etc etc...keep in mind that these people came to america via free will and a chance to seek a better life. africans came to america against their will,suffered degredation etc etc etc. i suggest you pick up a history book.
Although im sure it must have made you feel good for just a minute thinking I didn't know any of that, but I simply must ask you, are you that retarded? I can pick out a random 8th grader and he could tell the same thing, try not impressing me with some speech like that again. What happened during the slave era was horrible, we all know that, but that was not you HERSEY, you were not a slave! And if for some reason you have been emotionallly scared by what has happened to your ancestors, that doesnt entitle you to a better life without working for it yourself. Like I mentioned before, one thing keeping racism alive today is people thinking they are still slaves, all you have shown me here is you are one of them. I feel sorry for you, that is all.

HERESY said:
this has to be one of the stupidest statements i have ever read on this board. if a "problem" exists why should it not be fixed? why should the problem not be rectified by the parties who caused it? why should it not be corrected (or attempted to be corrected) by those who EXPERIENCE the problem? i wont even go into that statement anymore. please pick up a book.read.
It is the stupidest comment because it is simply the one you disagree with the most. Im sorry, who said the problem shouldn't be fixed? Avoid the statement, I don't give a shit. You are responsible for your own life, that's all there is to it. You need to put down the book, and go outside and look at the real world. Why don't you take a trip to where there are poor white people too, that is a problem as well or do they deserve no attention from you, they can make in on their own.

HERESY said:
i am responsible for my people. if i sold drugs to a pregnant woman and she gives birth to a crack baby am i not responsible for that childs mishap? when this child grows up with birth defects,mental handicaps,etc etc etc am i not to blame? am i not partially responsible? now if i am presented the chances to go to school,become educated,live a fruitful life etc etc etc thats my responsibility. however if i am teh product of an environment that was DESIGNED to keep me MENTALLY (and at times physically) ENSLAVED what can i do? how do i fight the odds when:.
If a lady gives birth to a crack baby, she ultimatley responsible for the mishap. She needed to take responsibility for her own life and childs well being, not you. As for the rest of what you said, throw that out the window because it is garbage. The only thing keeping you mentally enslaved is your damn self, no one else, you. You can keep thinking your being treated poorly and being enslaved all you want but it isnt going to do anything, don't you understand that? There are places in this country with races other then your's that have it just as bad, so stop being so selfish and deal with the entire problem, not just "your people".

HERESY said:
in my opinion "people like you" are keeping racism alive with your "just get over it" sweep it under the rug, oh well...nonchalant type attitude.
Im keeping racism alive by trying to bring black and white communities together to co-exist and not let the past seperate them? ... you have proven my entire thread before right just by this comment.

HERESY said:
you are persecuted because of HER skin color and YOUR choice of mate. would you be descriminated against...in your own words "treated just as bad" if you walked around with a blonde haired,blue eyed barbie doll on your arm????
No, and whats your point that there are racist white people? No shit, there are plenty of racist black people living in this country just the same, so spare me that shit.

HERESY said:
NO. fresno is as ghetto as it gets? WTF? have you even left california? have you been to new jersey? new york? texas? detroit? chicago? have you been to other parts of cali? oakland? compton? south central? fresno has a black population of how many? does fresno have any large black communities? where are the ghettos in fresno?
You kidding me right? No serious, your kidding me? Your arguing me just for the sake of arguing now, and your seeming to be more and more without thought. What, did you drive through some white enhabited part of Fresno now your basing the entire city on what you saw.

HERESY said:
i made a mistake. ***THIS*** has to be the stupidest thing EVER posted on the internet. how can you POSSIBLY shift the blame of opression to the opressed? that statement can be ripped so many ways its pathetic. african americans dont have an open mind to a solution? first of all what is the PROBLEM? who are the CREATORS of the problem? who are the VICTEMS? blacks dont have an open mind yet you just said that you know blacks in fresno who are making something of themselves...
No, you don't have an open mind to any solution that a person other then that of the "black" race presents to you. In other words when a "white" person would present to you a problem that may exist in the black community with a suggestion on fixing it, you would all reject it. If you don't believe me, go look at your reply's to me and see for your self. Like I said, if it's not completely what you want to hear, it can't possibly be true or have any worth because your ancestors were enslaved for 400 years and that is all that matters.

HERESY said:
finally who are YOU to say one mans way of helping his people is right or wrong?

by the way who did YOU help TODAY? i helped MORE homeless whites,arabs and latinos than i did blacks...i even helped a 501c3 church....something i detest....
Did you step on any white people along the way?

All I really got from this is well, nothing more then I already had. From what I see your just a kid crying out for help, screaming for attention. Keep on thinking this is a white mans world, go ahead, but your not going to get any sympothy from me. I will help all people just the same without knowledge of color, I won't look for white people to help and dont worry about what im going to do or what I have done because it won't concern you.

Apr 25, 2002
Nitro the Guru said:
So you think teaching young “black” kids about "whites" and racism is going to be constructive in their lives? Wrong. You are going to link them right back in the chain that you believe you are trying to break them from. They are going to grow up looking at “white” people differently from others, thinking deep behind every “white” person is a racist man. That is a cycle that will continue until it’s broken. Why not work on the “black” and “white” community together rather then focusing on one race, your race. What if I rose up and wanted to help out only the “white” race in America, would I be looked at by the African American community as a person trying to better the race of struggling “whites”, or a KKK affiliate trying to make “white” people superior? You know the answer as well as I do and the reason the answer is that, is because you have all been taught about the history of “whites” and racism, the same thing your trying to teach our young kids. I believe your intentions on helping these “black” people that are in need of it are good, but I think the ways you, as well as many others are going about it are wrong. Once you separate one race from the other weather you are trying to help them or not, you are adding to the problem that plagues our society. Why don't you stop teaching these young "black" kids of a racist “white” world, and bring them together with “white” kids, teach them that they are the same and in doing so teach them the history of the world, weather that be what the Germans did to the Jews, or what the "white" people living in the U.S. at that time did to Africans by enslaving them; teaching them that "white" people enslaved them for hundreds of years is going to include many "white" nationalities that had absolutely nothing to do with it. Don't target "white" people, be specific, if you know so much about slavery, you shouldn’t have a problem with that.

First of all lets get something straight, I am NOT trying to put black problems above anyone elses. No where did I say in my post or ever say on the siccness that black problems are more important than any other groups problems. What I am saying is that it's time to fix these problems, the solutions to the problem may seem like a lot, but that is a REFLECTIOn of how serious the problems are in the black community. The problems are much more than any book you'll ever read about it, you have to see it and understand it.

I'm not going to call you a racist, but I'm definitly going to call you ignorant. It is very clear that you haven't comprehended your African American history well enough to apply it to debates and conversations well this is where you fuck up BIG TIME!!

Did you see anything in my post where I said that schools should teach blacks kids about white & racism? Nope....This is why I call you ignorant. One of the problems in the African American community is the lack of identity. Africans were forced into slavery, stripped of there culture completly, and forced to adopt another one which classifies them as INFERIOR. Most groups in this country who they are, where they're from, and most likely know there history. When you're stripped of your culture and forced to adopt another one you've become what the oppressor wants you to become and thats inferior. This is the problem in the black community, we diss black folks that are dark, or have big lips. This is the result of the humiliation, degredation, oppression, and mental abuse Africans in America have been suffering since they first landed here. This is a problem, because we aren't proud of who we are. But how could you if throughout history you've been portrayed like this.....

or like this

When you've been portrayed like the pictures above me for hundreds of years, you start to feel like shit. And vice versa, when non-African Americans see blacks being portrayed as apes, or being taught in school that they aren't of the homosapien species you start to see them as inferior. THATS HUGE!! I don't even know how I could stress that anymore, thats society looking at you as inferior. Some of the most famous and well respected scientist that we are taught in school looked down on Africans.

Charles Darwin said....

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace, the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes...will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in some more civilized state...than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla. - Charles Darwin"

Blacks throughout our history have been mentally conquered, and the inferiority has been passed down from generation to generation with the help of whites still looking at them as inferiors. Like I've stated above when you've seen those pictures, or being treated as inferior you start to feel inferior. It's time to break away from it. And this is where my educating blacks on Africa the continent, African historians, great African Kings, Queens, African American greats etc solution stems from.

Secondly I agree that we are all the same. However you said instead of teaching them about racist white men why don't they bring them together? Teaching us each others history is bringing us together. Teaching us that African Americans did play a big part in the U.S. uprising is bringing us together. Whats going on right now is not bringing us together, it's keeping one group ignorant of there history.

One of the problems in the African American community is the lack of identity. Africans were forced into slavery, stripped of there culture completly, and forced to adopt another one which classifies them as INFERIOR. Most groups in this country who they are, where they're from, and most likely know there history. When you're stripped of your culture and forced to adopt another one you've become what the oppressor wants you to become and thats inferior.
This is so true. Also, other cultures who do know where they come from & know their history can turn to family members or some older person in that 'community' to learn more about their past. African Americans don't have this advantage. During slavery, every part of their culture was taken from them, language, religion, every thing. Culture was also lost by mixing Africans from all over Africa. How can you keep your history/culture alive when you are surrounded with people who might not even speak your language? Mexicans can claim they are from Mexico because they KNOW they are Mexican. But African-Americans are taking a shot in the dark at claiming to be of African descent. Who really knows if they came from Africa or from the West Indies? And if they did come from Africa, how will they ever BEGIN to find out which country, or even which African culture they came from. It's messed up that people can say they are Italian, Mexican, Indian, or Chinese, but black people can only claim to be African-American. What I'm trying to say is that Italians, Mexicans, Indians, & Chinese can all claim ancestry to a country. Black people can only be fortunate to ASSUME ancestry to an entire continent. Big damn difference if you ask me. How many times do you hear a white person (could be anyone really, I'm just making an example) say, 'My family is from Europe.' Probably damn near NEVER. They are able to say, 'My family is from _______,' (fill in the European country of your choice). And a lot of times they can trace their family history back to a town in that country. Now when you ask a black person about their ethnicity, what do they say? 'I'm from Africa.' Thanks for narrowing it down.