Who needs men? Scientists discover how to turn women's bone marrow into sperm

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 28, 2002
Then you probably wouldn't be trying to have a child with two lesbians? Or would you, hmm....
Why wouldn't a man's bone marrow work in this procedure? I mean if some guy has low sperm count or shoots blanks and him an his wife want a genetically related kid why couldn't they use this same technique to turn his bone marrow into sperm?

As far as a Planet of Lezbos goes i don't think it would happen just because fucking is so much cheaper than extracting bonemarrow.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
that it just wrong, lesbians shouldn't even have kids. Don't people think that not having a father fucks the kid up? you need a dad, a father teaches you things that a mother never could, its just different. These people are trying to play god and its just wrong.
1. They're not trying to play God, if there are important questions to be answered, the experiments will be done and the questions will be answered. This is how science operates and your imaginary moral standards are irrelevant

2. Reproducing differentiation in vitro is a very good way of understanding it, so these experiments are absolutely necessary.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
As far as a Planet of Lezbos goes i don't think it would happen just because fucking is so much cheaper than extracting bonemarrow.
it will definitely not happen because there will be nobody to make the the sperm from bone marrow in the Planet of Lesbos, if you know what I mean:confused:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
so then, cant a woman impregnate herself with this?
would the DNA of the baby be an exact copy of hers?
Yes, she can

The DNA will not be an exact copy because of meiosis

There will be no new genes other than the de novo mutations, but the baby will be less heterozygous

It will be the ultimate form of inbreeding (self-fertilization) and there is a high chance the baby will be very sick

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
So can these bone marrow stem cells be used for other medical reasons?
in theory yes, if you can differentiate them into something else

what is truly important here is that they managed to differentiate adult stem cells into something that does not belong to their lineage

Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
Yes, she can

The DNA will not be an exact copy because of meiosis

There will be no new genes other than the de novo mutations, but the baby will be less heterozygous

It will be the ultimate form of inbreeding (self-fertilization) and there is a high chance the baby will be very sick
Now that's a Maury episode I would not miss.

Nov 10, 2006
As said already, there is no shortage of available sperm lol.
All the resources to do this would have been better served to treat and cure ailments for those already alive.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
As said already, there is no shortage of available sperm lol.
All the resources to do this would have been better served to treat and cure ailments for those already alive.
that's a very important step in this direction, irrespective of your inability to recognize that