who knows about early kansas city missouri rap?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2005
i gotta question about it. I heard South Side Posse had a tape out in '91, way before that "Ghetto Soldiers". is this true? another question - did CCG release anything before "100% Game"? and the last question - i also heard a few times that Ghetto Kaos released a self titled album. and is this true?

Nov 13, 2004
Untouchable211 said:
i gotta question about it. I heard South Side Posse had a tape out in '91, way before that "Ghetto Soldiers". is this true? another question - did CCG release anything before "100% Game"? and the last question - i also heard a few times that Ghetto Kaos released a self titled album. and is this true?
Yes Southside had a blue tape called P.I.C.O Partners in a Criminal Organization and it was tight too. It was mos def ahead of its time, some str8 up Bangin on Wax shit they was sayin niggaz names they was fonkin with and callin niggaz Slobs. %100 Game was CCG's first release but it was recorded years before it came out. And I believe Ghetto Kaos released their first album called Guilty as Charged, it was tight. Its funny you mentioned these groups cuz they were definintly trailblazers especially SouthSide cuz that was like 1990. CCG started in like 91-92 and so did GK, Rich came on board bout that time and Vell Bakardy already had a major deal. Tech was rappin in a group called NuttHouse I think. But alot of people dont know but Court Dog was actually one of the first to come out of KC with that fast rappin shit even before he was obviously influenced by Bone. Oh yeah and it was a group called Pure Dope that put a tape out in like 91-92. As far as I know those are the early rappers of KC. We should do a "Where are they now"?

Jun 26, 2003
mafiaqueen said:
Yes Southside had a blue tape called P.I.C.O Partners in a Criminal Organization and it was tight too. It was mos def ahead of its time, some str8 up Bangin on Wax shit they was sayin niggaz names they was fonkin with and callin niggaz Slobs. %100 Game was CCG's first release but it was recorded years before it came out. And I believe Ghetto Kaos released their first album called Guilty as Charged, it was tight. Its funny you mentioned these groups cuz they were definintly trailblazers especially SouthSide cuz that was like 1990. CCG started in like 91-92 and so did GK, Rich came on board bout that time and Vell Bakardy already had a major deal. Tech was rappin in a group called NuttHouse I think. But alot of people dont know but Court Dog was actually one of the first to come out of KC with that fast rappin shit even before he was obviously influenced by Bone. Oh yeah and it was a group called Pure Dope that put a tape out in like 91-92. As far as I know those are the early rappers of KC. We should do a "Where are they now"?
Also There was the Tech N9ne/Dyamund Shields/Black Walt and another guy that put that Black mafia tape out in 91. There is a Ghetto kaos record that has been done that Jackpot never put out as well.

Jun 26, 2005
mafiaqueen said:
wow, thanks a lot for all the info. still got a few questions. do you have a cover or tracklist or know anyone that has that first South Side Posse tape? and i have that Ghetto Kaos" Guilty As Charged" and i love it but i heard that they also have a self titled album. and CCG and Ghetto Kaos were out in 91-92? what did they have out, cuz CCG's first cd came out in 1995 and Ghetto Kaos's first release that i know of came out in 1994. what did they have in 91-92? and thanks again for the info.

Nov 13, 2004
Untouchable211 said:
wow, thanks a lot for all the info. still got a few questions. do you have a cover or tracklist or know anyone that has that first South Side Posse tape? and i have that Ghetto Kaos" Guilty As Charged" and i love it but i heard that they also have a self titled album. and CCG and Ghetto Kaos were out in 91-92? what did they have out, cuz CCG's first cd came out in 1995 and Ghetto Kaos's first release that i know of came out in 1994. what did they have in 91-92? and thanks again for the info.
I dont even think SouthSide could locate that tape. And CCG 100% Game was actually recorded I believe in 93 but didnt come out till 95. They had a tape out in like 91 or 92 called "Streets of Rage" And I'm not sure about GK cuz I thought that Guilty as Charged was they first shit. I know court was like 14 when they did the streets of rage. That title sounds like a video game.

Nov 13, 2004
SOAK::GAME said:
the sound quality on that CCG is shittier beyond what words can describe

at least it is on my mp3's... i should've bought that shit when i seen it at rasputins the first time :(

and is Vell Bakardy the first rapper from KC to have a major record deal?
Yep Vell was the first! And that CCG sound quality was fuckin horrible!! Sounded like they recorded that shit on cassette tape and it was mixxed fucked up and the sounds were in the wrong order to the songlist

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
mafiaqueen said:
Damn, we had our differnces in the past, but you really know your shit.

Nice work.

Jun 26, 2005
thanks for all the info everyone. does anyone on here have or know anyone with South Side Posse's first tape or CCG's first tape. i would love to see the covers and tracklists, or better yet have them. does anyone on here have the cover or tracklist to either?

Dec 15, 2005
aiight..im hearing a lot of talk about that ccg album and yea i do have it...heres the tracklist..it doesnt say whos on the tracks though..
1.step in my hood
2.palaying in the cut
3.you and that bitch
4.if game permits
5.the game
6.aint got the money
7.gettin game on
8.dippin thru the city
9.gone off that shit
10.the g my city made me
11.I talkin' murder
12.somebody think
13.RIP
14.going out like g'z

Apr 8, 2004
I came across that SSP--Ghetto Soldiers tape not too long ago. Been bumpin that mufucka everyday. I couldn't find the cd nowhere. The Ghetto Soldiers cd cover I saw is different from the tape cover I came across.