Who is the greatest lyricist ever?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I got to go with Tupac, his shit was just deep and really made me think and his lyrics and the way he rap connected with me in a way. He touched on various subjects too, and wasn't really afraid to say anything. He just let his emotions go. Right now Byrdie is who im considering to be one of the top lyricists, he has one of the most unique rapping styles I have ever heard. His lyrics are just crazy and I suggest every get his Poetic Epidemic able and have a little for yourself I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

i don't think that any of us have the right to say who the greatest lyricist ever is at this time. you might say it's Rakim or KRS one, but what if in the future, we see a better emcee come out? yeah i know that considering the state of hip hop as we know it right now that a real good emcee coming out in the future is questionable. now you can say they are the best lyricists that WE'VE SEEN so far...

W6C

May 19, 2002
Chino XL is without question the best lyricist on earth.
Tupac definitely has that thug passion and spirit, but Chino XL did a freestyle that put "Hit Em Up" to shame. Or as Chino put it: "Pac died and I cried but I'ma represent it, when it comes to dissin my shit, make Makaveli sound like the Macarena..." He has much tighter lyrics than that though... check out http://www.angelfire.com/mo/realHiphop/Chinoxl.html for more information.

"What the fuck you niggas think?
I roll with killers that spent more time in the pen than ink
Don't even blink, and turn your voice down a decibel
or start lookin for studios that's wheelchair-accessible
leave you a vegetable, trust I have the letters on your FUBU sweater standin for 'Fucked Up By Us'

"Without the HIV I'm positive, you don't wanna test
I leave rappers confused like homeless cats on house arrest"

"360 degrees of unadulterated battle rhyme
you must be inebriated wanting to challenge mine
My diss is so accurate you need time lapse cameras to capture it
tearing apart time's fabric, no exaggerate
35'000 giga harddrives only can store half of it
that ain't the half of it, I spit the blood of Christ on a Catholic..."

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
W6C said:

"I leave rappers confused like homeless cats on house arrest"
LMAO! I didn't know Chino was coming like that......he's filthy!

But yeah........Eazy E sucked big green donkey balls. How can he be a great LYRICIST when he didn't even write his own shit??? That's gay......you should say that ICE CUBE and THE D.O.C. were the tightest......because they wrote his shit. Except for his last shit he did after the break-ups......but that shit was crap anywayz.