Who has made hip hop what it is today?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
There are so many people that have made hip hop what it is today that it is impossible to narrow it down. I am simply naming some of those that have blessed us with what we love, which in turn is praising them for what they did.

Rock Steady Crew
Run DMC
DJ Kool Herc
Afrika Bambaata
Kurtis Blow
Grandmaster Flash
Ice T
NWA
Public Enemy
KRS One
Tribe Called Quest
2Pac
De La Soul
Sugarhill Gang
Eric B and Rakim
Grandmaster Caz
Slick Rick
Doug E. Fresh
Melle Mel
Crazy Legs
Beastie Boys

I could go on and on...

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT A TRIBE CALLED QUEST.

I ALWAYS SKIPPED THEY VIDEOS. THAY NEVA HAD SHIT TO DO WITH ME OR WHAT SHAPED ME.

AND DON'T FORgET LL COOL J AND TOO SHORT.

May 10, 2002
RAKIM...ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE KNOWS NOTHIN BOUT HIP HOP AND HAS NEVER REALLY LISTENED TO HIM....

RAKIM WAS PREDICTING THE OUTCOME OF THIS RAP GAME BACK WHEN HE WAS 18!!!!

TALKIN BOUT MUHFUCKAS GONNA BE ICED OUT AND TRENDS WILL START AND SHIT, BACK IN LIKE 86!!

AND NOT TO MENTION HE FREESTYLES DAMN NEAR ALL HIS SHIT....

Apr 25, 2002
ICP?

As in insane clown posse. I don't see them doing shit for hip hop. And that song thy did with Esham sucked dick. Probably theworst track on Tongues. Fuck them, their a joke.

:dead:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
M-PHIVE said:
EVERYONE INVOLVED HAS MADE IT WHAT IT IS TODAY, IPH NOT PHOR EVERYONE INVOLVED , THERE WOULD BE NO DIVERSITY OR ORIGINALITY, PHEEL ME?...ABA

i didn't think of it like that.....i gotta agree wit'chu on that....

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
EVERYONE DID THEIR PART, EVEN THE SUCCY ONES, THEY PUSHED THE REST UP HIGHER, THE RICH ONES KEPT SOME UNDERGROUND, THE GANGSTAS SEPERATED THEMSELVES PHROM THE HIP HOPPERS, THUS CREATING A WHOLE OTHER STYLE, SOME EVEN PULLED IN NEW LISTENERS...I KNOW HELLA PEOPLE THAT DIDNT LIKE RAP UNTIL WU-TANG...EMINEM DROPPED THE SLIM SHADY LP MY SENIOR YEAR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THAT WAS ALL THE BUZZ, EVEN AMONG THE NERDS...2PAC AND BIGGIE BROUGHT BEEPH TO ANOTHER LEVEL, THEIR DEATHS BROUGHT RAP INTO THE PUBLIC EYE ON A LARGER SCALE, ...

NO ONE PERSON MADE IT WHAT IT IS TODAY, SOME DID MORE THAN OTHERS BUT I APPRECIATE EVERY RAPPER IN THE GAME, EVEN THE ONES I CANT STAND TO GIVE A SPIN TO...ABA

Jun 16, 2002
Sugar Hill Gang started it all

these MCs made Hip Hop like it or not

Rakim
EPMD
Wu Tang
Nas
Jay Z
Mos Def

these Rappers Made rap and in some cases are still makin it (keep in mind rap and hip hop are different) like it or not

2pac
Notorious B.I.G.
NWA
Ice T
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Too Short
Grand Master Flash