who has better rappers the O or the Sco?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 29, 2002
this one is way too hard. I personally am feelin the sco rappers right now. but I like a lot of oakland rappers. I just think frisco is putting out better quality right now

Jul 7, 2002
As a whole, i like the Sco more. Oaktown hasn't been dropping much the last 3 or 4 years. That doesn't really matter tho, because i don't like 90% of the albums that drop now-a-days from ANY city. But if you go back in time and ask this question overall, I still like the Sco better. I just can't get enough of all the Kill-a-Hoe music.

Feb 19, 2003
The Sco is in better shape right now, IMHO.

Cellski makes dope mixtapes (as did Guce), San Quinn and the Done Deal Fam's done tremendous things since 2000, U.D.I. put out a dope CD in '03, Taydatay's still here (don't forget U DIDN'T KNOW from 11/5, U.D.I., Cold World and Big Mack), and as hit-and-miss as their catalogue has been recently, Get Low's stayed in the game with dope (solo) CDs (JT, The Gamblaz as a group and solo, D-Moe, etc). Not sure if they're from Frisco, but don't forget FE's new one (WHAT WE DO), too. Black C. also has kept consistent with dope Right Way releases (Prime Minister, Military Minded, Prime Factorz, and his solo and Young Thug's which are coming out this year).

As for the "O"--Only Yukmouth and Keak Tha Sneek interest me(recently). Too Short basically now caters to the Southern persuasion, The Delinquents (except for their mixtape) have been MIA (to my knowledge), Richie Rich's and B.A.'s most recent CDs were decent, but nowhere near their earlier stuff, Spice 1 has suffered from iffy production his last few times out, Ant Banks hasn't been as active, Agerman went gospel, and The Luniz' haven't made a new one (okay, SILVER & BLACK was...fun, but since it was cobbled together against their will, I don't count it here). Anything could happen, though--the "O" could recover...

PEACE!