Who got the G-4 MacIntosh Hookups?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Since the "Trades&Deals" spot isn't up and runnin, I was wondering who got the hookups on G-4 MacIntoshs, Home Computer or LapTops ????? Also looking for a DigiDesign001 for my pre-production studio on tha west wing of Tha Mobbservatory Musick and Mobology Studios. No B.S. Peace & Pro$$$perity y'all, RHYTHMX $ickWid'It Records [email protected]

May 16, 2002
Those computers are tight as fuck.My friend just tried gettin through someonline auction and got ripped. People just took off with his money. lol. Jus thought Id mention it.
late

Apr 25, 2002
YOUNGMOE said:
Dank Sinatra ayoooo I heard getting 2 DigiDesign M Boxxes...was better then 1 Digi001 set up
ask around about that
cus i'm currently looking into the same set up
Two M-Boxes doesn't equal or exceed a Digi001. I don't know who told you that setup was better but I'm guessing it's somebody who doesn't really know that gear.

@DankSinatra:
If you're going to be using the computer for doing harddisk multi-tracking, definately don't get a G4/Digidesign setup just because a lot of people have it. I will tell you, without any hesitation, that the right PC will shit all over a Mac/Pro-Tools setup and do it for less money. We can discuss it further in email if you want but no matter what, look into a PC instead. There's way more support and setup possibilities with quality either matching or surpassing Pro-Tools on Mac.

May 13, 2002
I HAVE A G-4 350 FOR SALE-566MB RAM/2 HARDDRIVES 1-40-1-60
SOFTWARE-TOAST TITAINIEM-FINAL CUT PRO PROTOOLS FREE-JAM THIS COMP IS VERY GOODI USED IT ON MAN $1000.00 FIRM

May 13, 2002
YO DANK,FOR PROTOOLS THE G-4 IS THE SHIT,IF YOU USE ANY OTHER PROGRAM PC MIGHT BE BETTER BUT MACS ARE MUCH MORE STABLE AND MORE PLUGINS ARE THERE FOR YOU WHEN MAC UPGRADES TO SYSTEM X THEN DIGI001 WILL BE REAL FAT,
ALSO G-4S ARE SETUP FOR MOVIES,MASTERING AND PHOTO LAYOUT

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

i think the more powerful Mackin' Toshes cost more than a PC, but yeah, i think they are more stable... i don't think i've ran into as many errors with a Mac as I did with a PC.

Apr 25, 2002
kev ski said:
YO DANK,FOR PROTOOLS THE G-4 IS THE SHIT,IF YOU USE ANY OTHER PROGRAM PC MIGHT BE BETTER BUT MACS ARE MUCH MORE STABLE AND MORE PLUGINS ARE THERE FOR YOU WHEN MAC UPGRADES TO SYSTEM X THEN DIGI001 WILL BE REAL FAT
You couldn't be more wrong on both counts. Yes mac's are very stable but they are no more stable than a PC built specifically for harddisk recording. You want to win the indy 500, you have to build the right car, right? Well same with this, I'm not talking about buying some dell computer or whatever. It needs to be designed specifically for the task at hand and I'm telling you right now, a macintosh is not better than a PC built to do the same thing. About the plug-ins....Mac is in last place in a major way in that race. I don't know what makes you think more pro-quality plug-ins are available for mac but thats not true by a long shot.

Nobody is saying that G4/Pro-Tools is crap. It's not, it's still a nice setup. But I am saying that at this point it's not 'the best'. Those days are over and in in some areas, as I said, the right PC will shit all over mac. I've used both extensively and so that comes from first-hand experience but what do I know right?

@DankSinatra... Everybody is in your ear (on here) about G4/Pro-Tools. I'm simply saying do your homework because depending on your needs, you might be able to do better than that.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
SO MUCH APPRECIATED. We have a G-4 /ProTools hook up now at the studio . It's simple to use, but yes I need to take tha time to really learn it and get good wid it. I want to get another one for my home, so I can do alot of shit there without jumpin in tha ride and driving to tha studious maximus. I would prefer a lap top, so when I take long flights to Japan, I can fuck with shit, like cutting and pasting and all the other extra shit that takes time. SickWid'It, what do you know about Laptop/Protools? Can it work and what would be best to get? Thanks for ALL EVERYONES input on this shit. I appreciate it all. Zip, RHYTHMX $ickWid'It Records

May 13, 2002
you should not have to build a computer, as far as plug-ins most pro plugs are in realtime on the protools tdm system,digi001 uses cpu power to run rtas real time audio suite plug ins, rtas and tdm format is the largest pro format,most are in the mac format pcs are good-but dont get fooled by cpu speed i.e. -a honda civic has a redline of 8500 rpms my cameroz28 has a red line of 5500 which do you think is faster? read the fine print.

sick-hit me at 7076948849