who ever battled on the street?? rap battles?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2004
www.soundclick.com
yeaaa whats up??
who here ever done a live rap battle on the street with no beats nothing...
just spitting......

I like live street battles better...
cause you don;t have beats...
and can;t use voice effects...
it shows more of your natural talent...

and since no one knows the rappers when the crowd gathers around...

there is no dick ridiing unlike net battles....

i think the real live street battles are realer.. than net battles.. what do u think???

also anyone here ever been ina live rap battle.... ????

they're tight.. i be in hell of them.... good times... expecially when u high. and you get the crowd.. into it. peace!

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Yup...I've battled before...at parties and out in public whenever the opportunity presented itself. I used to battle the other cats in my group constantly, and eat em the fuck up every time. Those days are over now, I spend all of my time recording, fuck a battle...MTV has proven to us that battling doesn't really get you anywhere. This game isn't about wit, it's about the ability to make a hit record.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
All the time. Its so fucking awesome. You look at some other dude head to head and you get this crazy adrenaline rush and you're flowing off pure passion. Its like being in a fight. You just start shaking when you're done, and there's everyone around you watching. If you're on fire, the crowd tells you. If you're wack, the crowd tells you. Auuugh I miss that shit, its been a few months. If you're any good at flowing (if you know you're good enough to beat the opposition) it is the single most rewarding feeling in the world. Its like crack, but productive.

Oct 8, 2004
www.soundclick.com
I agree Sydal..
it's about making tight songs...
not how many people you can beat in a battle...

freestyle battles show how long you can keep a flow going...
and how good you are at coming up with lyrics off the dome.....

but yeaaaaa battling was fun in high schooll....
everytime it was lunch.. after we ate.. we knew it was battle time....

Yeah Stealth.. i know the feelin.. it;s not the same with net battles....

like in a real battle you see the person.. and your emotions get crazy....
you start to get pissed.. and then you look them in their eyes.. and it gets raw....
and the crowd be luvin it.. it's hella fun....
the best was when people used to try come at me with a written page they wrote tallking
shit to me.. and i still beat them lol

yeaaa those were good times back in tha days.....
the last battles i did were online...
but there's boring to me.. cause you don;t even see the person....
and online battles have to much dick riding. involed..
when you do a street battle no one knows either rapper usually...
so whatever they say is true.....

yeaaah i wanna do some street freestyle battle for fun again... haahaha
while sippin some magic liquid...

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
^^^ YUUP MAN EVERY TIME I BATTLE NIGGAZ THINK I BE FUCKIN WRITIN MY SHIT CUZ I SPIT FAS WHEN I FREESTYLE OR AT LEAS WHEN IM FUCKED N FREESTYLIN ... :( ASSHOLES TRYINNA DOUBT MY SKUILLZ UP OFF THA DOME

Jun 27, 2002
yeah....Im also starting a new business....Bullethole Productions, we specialize in shooting rappers to help their records sales boost.....9 bullet wounds can get you a platinum plaque...just imagine, today your just another bay area rapper...tomorrow your a Bay Area rapper that just got shot 3 times and lived and can rap about it, you cant get REALER than that....

Bullethole Productions 2005
"Get Shot, Go Platinum.....Get at us"

Oct 8, 2004
www.soundclick.com
The Unkut said:
^^^ YUUP MAN EVERY TIME I BATTLE NIGGAZ THINK I BE FUCKIN WRITIN MY SHIT CUZ I SPIT FAS WHEN I FREESTYLE OR AT LEAS WHEN IM FUCKED N FREESTYLIN ... :( ASSHOLES TRYINNA DOUBT MY SKUILLZ UP OFF THA DOME
yeaa same with me.. they be thinking i prewrite... but how could prewrite on the spot? i spit quick to.. so they think like.. "naW you can;t come up with shit that quick.. you spittin writtens" ...

but like some foos back in tha day would come at me with a piece of paper in their hand.. i was like what tha fuck? you took time to write a whole verse about me lol...
i just came back at them with a freestyle and killed them.. lol....
who battles with a page in their hand though? hahahah that shit back then was funny..

yeah musty ill buck mutha fuckaz who oppose me till they bleed to.... but i rather spit some deadly raps at them 1st.. so they can die hearing my last words to them. before they meet their demise! peaceeee

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
I still battle in the streets.........I dont look at it like "Why battle,im gonna make songs now".......Naaaa.i still hit the studio for song making purposes...Batteling is something I like to do....Sydal......MTV has corrupted your brain...making you think batteling gets you nowhere.......Batteling is an aspect of Hip Hop that can enhance your flow and style......Its about honing your skills or trying out new material..........

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
No, BTM, MTV has not corrupted my brain, I don't even watch MTV...shit, I don't watch TV at all. I checked the battle news HERE, on the net. Guess what the outcome was? EXACTLY what I said it would be...."Ain't nobody getting a major deal 'cause of a battle"....was I wrong? Where's Reign Man?

Yes, battling can enhance your skills, but it won't get you a major contract. All I did was battle, from 12-21. Yea, I wrote and recorded songs, but I spent a shitload of time battling and freestyling at parties, too. I've gotten 10x more recognition with what I write, than with my wit, so I stopped battling and I focus on writing. I have a potent mind, I have the ability to put words together, and pair it with music...I have the ability to write all kinds of shit. I'm not gonna sit around and freestyle battle...this is a business. You know the cats on the corner, battling each other every day? There's a reason they're still on the corner...if they focused more on writing and creating SONGS, they'd probably be somewhere else.

Feb 8, 2004
www.youtube.com
Sydal said:
No, BTM, MTV has not corrupted my brain, I don't even watch MTV...shit, I don't watch TV at all. I checked the battle news HERE, on the net. Guess what the outcome was? EXACTLY what I said it would be...."Ain't nobody getting a major deal 'cause of a battle"....was I wrong? Where's Reign Man?

Yes, battling can enhance your skills, but it won't get you a major contract. All I did was battle, from 12-21. Yea, I wrote and recorded songs, but I spent a shitload of time battling and freestyling at parties, too. I've gotten 10x more recognition with what I write, than with my wit, so I stopped battling and I focus on writing. I have a potent mind, I have the ability to put words together, and pair it with music...I have the ability to write all kinds of shit. I'm not gonna sit around and freestyle battle...this is a business. You know the cats on the corner, battling each other every day? There's a reason they're still on the corner...if they focused more on writing and creating SONGS, they'd probably be somewhere else.
About the corner rappers...very true.......some cats are content on just batteling.....Like yourself im into making songs.......but you know dog...If im at a show and i see a cipher getting started i feel like i gotta be in that circle.When I spit i like for fools to say Daaaaaaamn......Im addicted to batteling like that....Funny though cuz cats in the cipher consider themselves a "Real MC"......but to me a full rounded MC can battle in a cipher as well as hit the studio and make some dope joints....Real MC's can do it all.......

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
No doubt, I feel you on all that. My preference is just the writing, that's all. Don't get me wrong, if there's a cipher going on and I run into it, I'll jump in, too. But, before, I used to instigate the cipher...I would just run up to cats and start spittin. I don't do that anymore...I spend most of my time writing, dropping, writing, dropping, cause it's just what I like best. It's true though, it's very rewarding to stand in a circle, clown the fuck out of somebody, and have everybody be like..."OOOOOHHHHHH SHIIIIIT"...I love it.

And you're right, my style has improved that much more because I said FUCK IT and just started spittin, everywhere...even ridin to L.A. with my boys, with nothin but beats in the CD player, freestylin the whole way...back and forth. Real rappers/mc's can do it all...