Who Can Sell 25,000 Units? Can It Be Done?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ With all due respect, it doesn't matter where they saw Kurt as coming from, because he went to elementary school, high school, etc in Aberdeen, as well as penned his first songs and started his music career there.

Its the natural thing to do, to champion the big city, steal all of the credit, and ignore the REAL hometowns.--For example, Eminem lived and went to school in the suburbs of Detroit...one hit album, and all of the sudden, he IS Detroit.

Died April 8, 1994. By that time (counting til 4/11):
NIRVANA SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT 04/01/92 GEFFEN P SINGLE GROUP Std
NIRVANA INCESTICIDE 02/19/93 DGC G ALBUM GROUP Std
NIRVANA NEVERMIND 11/05/93 DGC M (5) ALBUM GROUP Std
NIRVANA IN UTERO 04/11/94 DGC M (2) ALBUM GROUP Std

So, by that amount of time, 8.5 million records sold. So as you can see, even before his death, Nirvana sold more than Mix-A-Lot.

(There is however one thing i didn't realize, that Pearl Jam has sold 4.5 million more than Nirvana, 28.5 mil. But of course, they are still actively touring and releasing albums.)

Cool Nutz said:
in terms of my dreams, they are really just now starting. I am far more skilled, far more knowledgable, and far more ready then I was to tackle the industry then I was when I was 20. This is how I know that all you are talking is a bunch of bullshit
FINALLY...we locate the apex, the central theme: Because Cool Nutz wasn't able to do the things I speak of at age 20, then nobody else can do them. (By the way, i am flattered that you would compare a young me to a young you. It is really a supreme honor. I am speechless.)

This whole NW scene is rediculous. Here we are, shitting our pants when the Source gives us a blurb, or MTV plays a beat in the background of a show, screaming out "doin it big!!" when we really want to say, "this fuckin' sucks."

Then again...maybe you ARE right, and i should dump all of these business plans i have and start walking around like another zombie-clone: "Networking" AKA kissing ass; doing 10 minute sets, to crowds of 100 people; trolling around shows with my CDs in hand, screaming "10 bucks!" to anyone that crosses my path; spending $10,000 on beats and verses, instead of contracting up-and-comers to create my own, and their own, sound and style.

But again, it is whatever you say, Your Majesty. You have a 10 years knowledge head start on me, and even if I was 70, and you 80, I could never and will never be smarter or more successful than you.

Apr 25, 2002
I've refrained from spanking the fuck out of these cats for a while now because Cool Nutz is right. Without actually having real world experience, they simply WILL..NOT..GET IT! When you choose not to listen to the voices of experience, you leave yourself at an unmeasurable disadvantage, usually with only one way to learn and that's to take losses and get burned. It takes more than clicking your heels three times to turn your day-dream fantasy scenarios into reality.

Tadou, you can have some milk and a cookie for being able to hold a conversation and not come off sounding like you've flunked out of english class since the 2nd grade. However, that doesn't change the fact that when it comes to this topic, you're soaked in ignorance and immaturity. You can blame it on your age if you like but the reality is, you're simply nowhere near as sharp as you think you are. It's neat you claim to be so focused on school and what-not but things like learning to speak hindi won't make you intelligent. Some of the greatest minds in history have been complete academic failures. I give little credit for a persons ability to memorize literature.

I'll make a deal with everyone reading this... If Tadou ever becomes a music business success, I'll eat my hat!

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
This whole NW scene is rediculous. Here we are, shitting our pants when the Source gives us a blurb, or MTV plays a beat in the background of a show, screaming out "doin it big!!"
It's funny you say that considering you're recent posts about Kurt Kobain & your hometown of Aberdeen.

Apr 25, 2002
Nuttkase said:
Damn Tadou you really are a complete idiot.

Nuttkace

How so? Hes probably the most educated person here lol just like Nutz said, puts his foot in his mouth from time to time. But you would have to admit it wouldnt be a total mistake to put dude on your team.

Now I havent really listened to the whole NW music scene for that long but just curious...hasnt a certain Baby Got Back pushed over 25000? just curious

and as for who I think has the potential...

Cool Nutz for sure...SP just as soon as someone puts the money into him no doubt...same with On One or even Kane Related...as a matter a fact I think Promotion, Money, and who you know has everything to do with how well you do (my opinion)...I think Joe Schmoe could do a album that sounds like garbage to you. But just as long as he has somone of higher status stampin' his/her name on it, it could be a hot seller...I mean look at that William Hung fucker.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Sick Wid It said:
Tadou, you can have some milk and a cookie for being able to hold a conversation and not come off sounding like you've flunked out of english class since the 2nd grade. However, that doesn't change the fact that when it comes to this topic, you're soaked in ignorance and immaturity. You can blame it on your age if you like but the reality is, you're simply nowhere near as sharp as you think you are. It's neat you claim to be so focused on school and what-not but things like learning to speak hindi won't make you intelligent. Some of the greatest minds in history have been complete academic failures. I give little credit for a persons ability to memorize literature.
Who starts these threads, friend? Who REALLY moderates them? Who is the one that will run with other people's ideas, whether or not they are compltely compatible with my own, and expound on them? Who is the one that will call haters and non-contributors like you out on their shit? Now, Who is the one making whole attack posts, without even speaking on the issue?

You act as though memorizing languages is a bad thing, like its some repetitive thiing you can do after years of memorizing word lists--it doesn't work like that. Speaking languages DOES make you more intelligent, but someone like YOU who is so self-centered that he thinks English will always be enough, will never understand that.

@OverDoze

I appreciate the confidence. Even if you couldn't run with my ideas word-for-word, I agree, that combined with other creative minds, it could be a dangerous team.

@Everyone Else

I see it like this: there is some 11 million people in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Do you realize that Australia only has some 20 million people, Belgium 10, Sweeden 9, and so on? Do you think Sweden would rather have someone be their top-seller that only comes to the country once or twice a year, or someone FROM their country?

So i ask you, what is so crazy about a vision of a NorthWest that doesn't need to rely on California and Texas and all of these other states to make us successful?

What is "stupid" about wanting a NorthWest mega-website and a magazine, the website containing bios, pictures and news on most every rapper in the region, and the second putting the spotlight on the top performers? Would you rather we have Game or WestSide Connection on the cover, and front like a "West Coast" magazine, knowing it will never work?

What is so "ignorant" and "closed-minded" about wanting a NW-based distribution company, printing press and so on? Why NOT map and chart out every store in the NorthWest, and try to build those kinds of relationships with them?

What is "naive" and "inexperienced" about wanting to have public radio shows like Street Sounds w/B-Mello and public television shows like Underground Sound? Is it insane to think you could make copies of these shows and pass them out to friends, to inform them about this movement?

The bottom line goes like this: I am not that guy that sits around saying, I'm so smart and experienced and you're not. I'm not smart, I'm ambitious; I'm not experienced, but I have a vision; and beyond all of that, I am and have what God made me to be and have.

At the same time, I am not going to sit on my hands and say, "everything happens for a reason", or, "there is nothing we can do", and all of this other loser shit. A good magazine can be started for 10 thousand dollars or so, and $10,000 loans are not shit to massive banks and lending institutions. Do you realize that persons with a $50K or $60K/year income can get loans like these with no problems? You could have the plans drawn up and have your magazine out within months. If all went well, that loan could be paid off within the first year!

So when you are on these boards, analyze EVERYTHING.

- Who is this person talking shit?
--- Are they on the forums often?
--- Do they ever make POSITIVE posts, or mostly attack posts?
--- Do they even EXIST, or is their location and true identity completely hidden from view?
- Do they hit their release dates, or tell stories?
--- Do they treat their fans and non-supporters equally? Or as if the non-supporters are scum and the fans have $$$ written on their forehead?
- Do they put NorthWest artists on their albums, or Bay artists?
--- If Bay artists, how do you really KNOW they are acting in YOUR best interest, and not their own? If Houston could steal Baby Bash, what makes you think Oakland or San Francisco couldn't steal one of OUR own?

Its a lot of shit going on on this board, and it is disappointing. I don't expect everyone to agree with what i say, but if you're in a positive-minded thread like this one, surely we could all appreciate if clutter was kept to a minimum.

"Walk with me, or walk with that man." All i am telling you is one different version of the story, one with a happy ending. Instead of the one where we get raped and left with nothing, fighting over who can be the top Whore.

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
Who is the one that will call haters and non-contributors like you out on their shit? Now, Who is the one making whole attack posts, without even speaking on the issue?
Although it's certainly nothing new, I'm amazed by how willing you are to make yourself look like an idiot. Your ignorance and foolishness is without a doubt one of your biggest drawbacks. And I haven't attacked you, I've just pointed out what you do yourself in practically ever single post... That you know next to nothing about this business, regardless of that fairytale world you live in where you might have a clue. Attack you? No, that's just your sensitivity coming into play. What would a person in my shoes look like attacking a person in yours? I'm not a bully.

You act as though memorizing languages is a bad thing, like its some repetitive thiing you can do after years of memorizing word lists--it doesn't work like that. Speaking languages DOES make you more intelligent, but someone like YOU who is so self-centered that he thinks English will always be enough, will never understand that.
In all my years in the music industry, I've never once had to use a foreign language to conduct business. If you believe learning a foreign language will actually make you more intelligent then I've got some nice beach-front property in Montana I'ld like to sell you.

So i ask you, what is so crazy about a vision of a NorthWest that doesn't need to rely on California and Texas and all of these other states to make us successful?
Nothing wrong with having a vision, people have them all the time, like; winning the lottery, becoming a star, fucking Jennifer Lopez (or in your case probably Mario Lopez)..

You arn't wrong for wanting any of the things you listed off and since you think you're so business savvy, go put your credit on the line & take out some loans, pool your resources (if you have any) and let's see you turn all that talk into something. Put your own neck on the line because afterall, you do think you've got it all figured out so what do you have to lose? Take advantage of that NW cash-cow you think the music industry is blind to.

Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
@ Sick WId It

Couldn't have been said better my friend.

@ Tadou

All that is left is for you to put it all on the line, and chase that dream that you keep talking about online. I am waiting for you to set the example that we can all base our operations by. This can be used as a case study. I think that you could take some of your school loans and like Sick Wid It said, take advantage of this NW cash cow. And the big difference between me and you at 20, is that I actually put it all on the line.

Apr 17, 2004
www.soundclick.com
Usually I would just keep my nose out of shit like this but, I find it funny that tadou will call me a dumbass for speaking the truth in another thread in another forum, and yet I see he is way out of his league trying to speak game in this forum. There is much truth to what Nutz, and Sick wid it are telling us about in this thread. As a matter of fact you can take as many classes about language, rocket-science (physics), english, math or whatever, that still doesn't make you intelligent. But the truth of the matter is until we as a region decide to learn from our past and strive for a bigger future we will never progress. 10 years of hands-on experience can never be compared to a few years of trying to use big metaphors and lots of syllables.

@Tadou, a while ago we spoke about your NW website idea and at the time I was down and still am to go half with ya, whenever's cleaver. Also, I got a homie named Lo that is actually looking too financially back a GOOD underground publication so there's your $10 g's. But, in all honesty you have to give respect where it is due. I am not a pioneer by any means, just a young buck like you, I have seen some things and done some things but when it comes down to it if we are both as smart as we would like to think we are, doesn't it make sense to listen and obsorb the words from the older and wiser cat's that come before us? I am not saying you should agree with 100% of everything that is said, but a trully intelligent person would take it, understand it, learn from it, and then develop a better understanding of the whole picture. Just my two pennies though.

REAL CHOP.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@S.W.I.
You are a ghost and someone who is non-existant. You talk a mean game, but none of it means anything because you cant be fact-checked. Your whole role here is to be a pretender.

@Cool Nutz
Simon, carnal. Me importa un carajo lo que me dices.

@Ace
This "trying to use big metaphors and lots of syllables", is what got me a $2,000 WWU scholarship, so I must not be doing anything too wrong. Surely it is not trying when you know exactly what you are doing.

You can continue being a politician-in-training all you want--"Give respect when its due"...what a played out cliche--but not all of us want nor need to do the same, for the love and adulation of a ruling class on the decline.

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
@S.W.I.
You are a ghost and someone who is non-existant. You talk a mean game, but none of it means anything because you cant be fact-checked. Your whole role here is to be a pretender.
I'm the ghost that somehow has extensive inside knowledge of the music businuess, producing, engineering, mixing, legalities, processes and so on and so forth. Sorry junior, you can't "pretend" that. A fact you should be well aware of considering in all your attempts at it, "pretending" to know what you're talking about has never worked for you.

Keep living in denial, it seems to work for you.

Apr 25, 2002
D'struction said:
If I thought my albums were worth 3 or 4 dollars, I wouldnt be makin them, straight up. Yeah you get sales but like Nutz said people look at you like you're worth less and when you start sellin albums for 10 dollars they are gonna think twice about buying it.
Hey Paul On One just dumped off the rest of his CDs lastnight for a real real low price...what do you have to say about that? Bet you hop back on the band wagon you nut ridin' groupy

If you thought your albums were worth 3 or 4 bones you wouldnt be making them? you dont even have one EP completed. And thats real talk player partner from the K-A-N-E.

C'mon Perdy, get with the picture, if you thought your album was worth one dollar it would be done by now "Baller" and dont say its because you dont have beats or a studio, all that is here within 10 minutes from your house, so quit typing like you know what its like the hustle them "CDs you've pushed out" and get that PEN and PAD that Blaise and I got you last yr. for your Chuckie Cheese Birthday and put it to some good use. Now...I mean it....Hurry it the fuck up...GO!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Goin off!!

Sick Wid It said:
I'm the ghost that somehow has extensive inside knowledge of the music businuess, producing, engineering, mixing, legalities, processes and so on and so forth. Sorry junior, you can't "pretend" that. A fact you should be well aware of considering in all your attempts at it, "pretending" to know what you're talking about has never worked for you.
"Inside" knowledge that could be syphoned off just about any dime-a-dozen industry book. VERY easy to fake by dropping a name or concept here, and an acronym there. You're fooling nobody.

"Living in denial"? I might say the same for you.

Apr 25, 2002
^^ Why do you insist on embarassing yourself? I'ld think after all the other times you've been spanked and put in your place, you'ld get tired of the humiliation. Haven't you figured out yet that you're the only person who believes your silly bullshit?

I suppose we shouldn't expect any more someone like you, a person who's controlled by envy. It's sad to see you so desparately wanting the approval of others but knowing you can't get it. While you sit in your nice little box, sealed off from reality, the rest of us just spectate and shake our heads. Be thankful you get any attention at all.

Glad to see you took my advice.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
The only attention whore around here, is the someone with a fake name, concealed location, no website, no references, no provable work history and still claiming to be an "industry insider".

Anyone on these boards could read 3 books and be you in a week. Its a shame YOU can't be YOUR real self though, because you are a coward at heart and are deathly afraid of your pathetic charade being revealed for the scam it is.

Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
The only attention whore around here, is the someone with a fake name, concealed location, no website, no references, no provable work history and still claiming to be an "industry insider".
If I were an attention whore, I would be the one with nearly 3000 posts but I'm not. That's you. I've got less than half that and have been around probably 5x longer than you. Website? References? Work history? That shit is so far beyond laughable, you'll probably never have a clue. You don't get it. I'm not a struggling day-dreamer hopeful, such as yourself. I've been in this business since before you had a tail and were swimming around in your mama, making a mad dash for the egg.

Anyone on these boards could read 3 books and be you in a week.
Since you love to read so much, prove it.

Its a shame YOU can't be YOUR real self though, because you are a coward at heart and are deathly afraid of your pathetic charade being revealed for the scam it is.
Poor Tadou, what's the matter? Did I touch a nerve? You must feel like you're being bullied and judging by your behavior, probably something you've experienced since kindergarten.

Your desparate attempts to lash out only make yourself look like THAT much more of an idiot in the eyes of the real world... If at this point that's even possible. This is major league pee-wee, girls t-ball is down the street. Run along before they close try-outs.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
@Sick Wid It

We're attacking post counts now? ...Amazing. And if you'd bother to check my join date, i joined the same day the site re-opened back up.

No matter how much yapping you do, you are still a ghost, and you are still someone who doesn't exist. Your whole presence here requires faith that you are who you say you are; mine...I am right here, all on the line. I don't need to sit here and throw out "Pop Warner" and "Your mama" and all of these other things, because that is your sad game. I might suggest you man up and do the same.

And FYI, its hard to be "struggling" when your first investment recouped 3x, and got you 4 shows and a full-page newspaper spread. People like you will never understand that, because your solution to everything is to throw money at it and kiss everybody's ass.

Sep 4, 2002
how about we just let Tadou talk outta his ass like always and make him look like a fuckin dumb ass. Haha he talks about what he can do for NW hip hop... and hasnt done nothin but made a few tracks on his computer to diss other people on this board... I herd that shit... Not saying I can rap or that i'm better then you at rapping, But YOUR NOT THE ONE WHO IS GOING TO BRING THE NW BACK...Now your gonna say some smart ass comment back at me... but if you wanna bring the NW back. LEARN HOW TO RAP.. Get some good beats.. get an actully studio... DOnt just dowload Instrumentals and rap over em....

Like Mac Dre said " Is it Christmas, Cuz everyone wRAPping"