Who are the top three pound for pound boxers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Name who you feel who are the top three pound for pound.

Im going with:

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Felix Trinidad
3. "Sugar" Shane Mosley

Mike Tyson (I would have said he was in the top 3 but he hasnt fought in a while, Bernard Hopkins(the executioner is a sav), Lennox Lewis, Zab Judah, and Hasim Rahman, Oscar De La Hoya. These boxers are all up there in that elite class.

C

CinFul-1

Bernard "the Executioner" Hopkins!!!! I called his win over Tito, 4-5 months before the fight, You guys called me stupid a retard, I even put 100 bones on that fight!!!! But win I came on after the Hopkins win all the people who talked shit dried up:D

May 6, 2002
Roy Jones is overrated...he ducks the fights people wants to see and goes for easier ones. He was "supposed" to fight Jirov on July 13, but no, he dodged that one. He was "supposed" to fight Darius Michleshevsky in Germany, but nope, dodged that one cuz he didnt want to go to Germany. Now he is fighting Clinton Woods??? Comon, this guy is nothin. RJJ has been dwelling in the same weight class for way too long. He need five pounds just to move up to welterweight, but he stays at light heavy so he can man handle these fools and the crowd goes crazy for him. Jirov would knock him out, but that would be bad for boxing, so i guess thats why they help him duck and dodge real opponents.

Now Bernard Hopkins is goin to Germany to fight DM.
De La Hoya, dont even get me started on how scared he is of Vargas.

My P4P List

Trinidad
Arturro Gatti
Kostya Tsyzu

C

CinFul-1

714KaliHydro said:
Roy Jones is overrated...he ducks the fights people wants to see and goes for easier ones. He was "supposed" to fight Jirov on July 13, but no, he dodged that one. He was "supposed" to fight Darius Michleshevsky in Germany, but nope, dodged that one cuz he didnt want to go to Germany. Now he is fighting Clinton Woods??? Comon, this guy is nothin. RJJ has been dwelling in the same weight class for way too long. He need five pounds just to move up to welterweight, but he stays at light heavy so he can man handle these fools and the crowd goes crazy for him. Jirov would knock him out, but that would be bad for boxing, so i guess thats why they help him duck and dodge real opponents.

Now Bernard Hopkins is goin to Germany to fight DM.
De La Hoya, dont even get me started on how scared he is of Vargas.

My P4P List

Trinidad
Arturro Gatti
Kostya Tsyzu

Ive been sayin the same shit for days, people buy way into Jones Hype,Jones ducks real fights to fight scrubs, Jones aint shit, people just see Jones knocck no names out and think he's tight, I hate Jones

May 10, 2002
CinFul-1 said:

Ive been sayin the same shit for days, people buy way into Jones Hype,Jones ducks real fights to fight scrubs, Jones aint shit, people just see Jones knocck no names out and think he's tight, I hate Jones
Blame his promoter and his manager for that.Boxers have lil input on who they fight,theyre promoters and managers say yes or no.

Apr 25, 2002
Roy Jones is his own manager an promoter......an he aint duckin no one......just cuz he wont go to Germany to fight that darious dude dont mean hes duckin him.....dont get it twisted! Jones IS the Champ, dude has so many belts he couldnt even wear them all. all them cats need to come fight Jones, not Jones go fight them. an he has beat good fighters, it seems like everytime he jumps a division there was good people there, but when Jones gets there everyone says its a weak division. you cant hate on his skills, dude is easy the best pound for pound since Pernell Whitaker

May 6, 2002
Hopkins is now going to Germany to fight DM.
Who is Jones fighting July 13...Woods, who is not even close to Hopkins or DM.

The biggest fight Jones was going to get was Viselli Jirov, and even RJJ himself admitted that it was going to be his tuffest. The whole Jirov camp was ready and wating, but Jones's camp called out of it, why, i dont know.

May 12, 2002
P4P is a tough call right now. You got Mosley,Trinidad, and Mayweather all looking bad lately. That leaves you with Jones and Hopkins as obvious choices. If Barrera beats Morales in the rematch though he has a legit shot at being #1 and would be in my book. Look for the Mosley/Forrest rematch also to answer were they are both at. Vargas/Oscar can also put the winner back to where they were before their loses. If not for his inactivity Ricardo Lopez would be P4P champ hands down, but he fight like once every two years. Tim Austin keeps rising in rank as others fall.

May 8, 2002
pernell whittaker 4p4 the best???? are u smoking crack!!!!

Mr. I'll jab you and run all 12 rounds because i have no power and know i cant knock you out if i tried Whittiker. cmon gimmi a break!!!

Roy jones has noone to fight against except darious and he wont leave germany. i wonder if roy can get a fair and impartial ruling there huh???

@714 you said he needs just 5 pounds to move up from welter to lightheavy right?? if so my math is way off because welter is 147, lightheavy is 175, and the next up is cruiser and thats 190 so i dont so any math that adds up to a 5 pound differential between the weight catagiries you mentioned... and if you think vargas can actually beat de la hoya well i got money says he doesn't

May 12, 2002
Sweet Pea was P4P champ for years after taking the tittle (P4P tittle) from Julio Cesar Chavez. He might not have had the great KO power but he was one of the best defensive fighters in the history of Boxing and easily of our generation. You can check in any of the Boxing publications from that time and they will show Pernell Whittaker as P4P #1. Many Boxing writers had him beating Oscar De La Hoya, and I had him winning it by a round. Oscar ducked him after that. Not the most exciting fighter out there, but you gotta give him credit, he took on all comers and had a huge heart as he showed in the Trinidad fight as he continued with a broken jaw from early in the fight.

May 10, 2002
Roy Jones (simply the best, noone could touch him except for maybe a heavyweight but theyd have to knock him out wouldnt win by decision).

Bernard Hopkins (He is the closest there is to being able to compete with Roy Jones but theres a big weight difference now so i dont know if will happen. And he beat titos ass almost as bad as it could have been done.)

Oscar De la Hoya (Yes he has 2 loses but he really beat tito and everyone knows it and if you dont think so its probably cuz your a tito fan. And against Sugar Shane he tried to be to aggressive and didnt let the fight come to him like he usually does cuz he had gotten very criticized or however you spell it. He will beat both these fighters if he fights them again. Yeah you might think he talks gay or hes a pretty boy but he got the most skills in the game.)

Trinidad is not on this list because if you seen his fight this past weekend it showed he has no skills all he has is power punches and yes thats good but once he gets in the ring with a skillful boxer like hopkins or de la hoya they eat him up cuz his defense is not good at all and pretty much they catch him with the big punch before he catches them. Hes basically an open target to throw combos on, De la Hoya exploited it and hopkins capatilized on it.

May 8, 2002
thats true bigE pea ducked noone and beat most every1. i even think he beat chavez in their draw fight but in my opinion a person who jabs and runs should not reguarded as the best ever. i mean this is boxing, not ballet or track and field