Who are the most slept on rappers or r&b music atrist coming out of K.C.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
Esodericc said:
word...but reality is we do get influenced by what we take in...all of us, not just kids...that's why these e-gangters be on here fonkin' over this and that artist because they take this stuff for real...the saying goes, you are what you eat...in a literal sense, you are what you read, hear and see...for instance...in 92, wasn't nobody smokin' weed as much as they are now...and you can trace that back to Dre's Chronic album...that made it cool to smoke...what ever you constantly take in that's what mentality you develop, you might not take it as far as some people but you still develop traits and characteristics of whatever it is...you tell a race of people for so long they are stupid, and won't make anything out of themselves, eventually, they'll buy into it, even if it ain't true...repetition makes habits...but if you take the same group of people and tell them how wonderful and smart they are, they gon' start believing it...there are a lot of weak minded individuals who believe what they hear and see without doing any outside investigations of their own...LOOK AT THE 2000 and 2004 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS...you can't look at something or hear something over and over again and not be affected by it in one way or the other, that's just the human mind...try listening to gospel music and reading and watching positive things for 30 days, you will have a change of perspective...it may be large, or it may be small, but there's going to be a change...humans take 30 days to develop a habit...adults and kids...but most kids are far more impressionable than adults...bottom line is, rap is an awesome tool that could be used to broaden our (the race's) horizons and uplift us, but because of record company owners, advertisers, producers and artists, it is used to demean and degrade our women, kids and men, perpetuating negative stereotypes that will lead to the destruction of our people...and don't get it twisted i've been spittin and appreciating the craft since i was a kid...from Whodini and Run-DMC, grand master flash, Kurtis Blow, NWA, Ice Cube, DOC to e-40 and the click, C-Bo, Nas, Ras Kass, Mac Dre, Rich the Factor, of course YOUNG FE, even TI, Eightball & MJG, UGK on and on...but the music promotes drug use, which could lead to dependency or make it hard for us to get jobs because we gon' drop dirty...it promotes criminal acts that will lead to us gettin' locked up or gettin' labeled as felons which makes it hard for us to function in society...it promotes animosity between each other...a brother would never sell a true brother dope to kill him...and man wouldn't dog his sister out call her a bitch and leave her with his seed...it sex which has turned AIDS into an epidemic in the black community...just think about where we gon' be in 30 years...between AIDS, drugs, and jail, we are gon' be extinct for real...we dyin' slowly and don't nobody care...that's whats up
100% true....I get your point. Basically your saying its cool to have the negativity for entertainment purposes but weave some truth and upliftment in there too. Balance. Hey not being sarcastic but you should run for some sort of political office. You seem to have balance, your not a square but you aint involved in the bullshit either, you have an insight that these other black leaders dont have. Shoot for the moon my nigga, just in case you miss your still amongst the stars. And your so right about these internet gangsters on here, they are tooooo serious about these rap artist. If you've noticed nobody except 1 person has posted cuz this has been more of a positive discussion and or debate. But if we were talkin bout 50cent being tighter than Yukmouth then all hell would break loose.

Sep 14, 2003
Good lookin' out ma, just tryin' to see my people do better...i pray to God that we all wake up...do your thing too ma, raise your seeds to be the young black leaders we need...1luv...

Mar 12, 2003
70mile.com
Damn I must say yall took a nigga back with this shit. I remember back when a nigga stayed on 40th and monroe right around the corner from the Cleveland park. I remember the store Blue Valley on 43 before they built the new one. I remember ridding bikes threw Vinyard. I remember walking to get chicken from the Churches on 39th lol. I remember walking to weeks(elementry school) and stopping at the candy store on 43rd right across the street. Yea those were the days the hood was cracking back then now my block dead either my niggas locked up dead or just gone from the block. All I ever see in my hood is og's now... A do yall remember the killa Clowns?

Nov 13, 2004
3rd_degree said:
Damn I must say yall took a nigga back with this shit. I remember back when a nigga stayed on 40th and monroe right around the corner from the Cleveland park. I remember the store Blue Valley on 43 before they built the new one. I remember ridding bikes threw Vinyard. I remember walking to get chicken from the Churches on 39th lol. I remember walking to weeks(elementry school) and stopping at the candy store on 43rd right across the street. Yea those were the days the hood was cracking back then now my block dead either my niggas locked up dead or just gone from the block. All I ever see in my hood is og's now... A do yall remember the killa Clowns?
lol i remember that shit....they used to say he was riding around in a white van with a spider on the back of it. remember Fish Captain on 43rd and prospect? Remember when it was the shit in the 90's to take your box chevy or cutlass up to A touch of class and get that candy sprayed on it? And the only place that did hydrualics was Lona and Sons over on the westside. Anybody remember Cool Crest? Remember the Omegatron and The Orient Express at worlds of fun? Remember the wave pool at oceans of fun? Ooohh shit..Do yall remember in the late 80's when they used to say it was herpes in the water at oceans of fun? If not then maybe my mother was just lying to me cuz she aint wanna take me...lol

Mar 12, 2003
70mile.com
Yea I remember all that shit. I still hang out down at touch every once in a while... Remember Swope Park had the swimming pool? A lot of yall is sleep on when we used to eat bologne (not bologna lol) sandwiches with smiley faces in mustard burnt around the edges and in the middle lol, MAN. I remember when Johnnys on prospect was called Walkers. And what yall no about the crap house across from B's lol, my old head cousin owns that, it still be crackin to I know it dont look like it but it do. What about Dobies... Much love to all of yall that took a nigga back. I think my next track will be about when the hood was good...

Sep 14, 2003
eh, don't forget those fried bologna sandwiches...you had to cut the edges when it started to bubble up in the middle...that's good eatin' right there...or the show where the social security office is on 63rd street...that was back in the day...

Nov 13, 2004
Ah shit I got one...! Remember Brywood on 63rd? The dollar show? That was the shit. And Swope Park aint got the swimming pool no more?? Remember to get in the 12ft they would make you swim across first to make sure you could swim. Oh and Johnnies hell yeah..Italian Steak and a day old twist donut...and Dobies hell yeah that was the spot, I wasnt old enough of course but moms used to kick it there. Anybody remember crackhead Lil Dave with the funny eye that used to hangout in front of Bee's and open the door for everybody. Remember doing flips on old matresses in the park. I know yall like this broad was a tomboy for real.

Nov 2, 2003
Shit you went way back and brought memories to the thread,I do remember the $1 show on 63 by the old drive that use to crack and know it is the swap n shop.And the swiming pool at swope park use to crack in th summer tyme and you see hell gurls there you liked and wanted to get at but you were a youngster.Do yall remember hot summer nights use to crack in the summer time and the youngsters always had somewhere to go and kick it in the summer for a dollar,but you always had knuckle heads that came to the part and wanted to be there just to bang.But now they don't have shit for the lil homies and homettes thats why so much killing is going on in the City,they need to get more involved with the kids instead of trying to lock them up.But thats the way it is.

Mar 12, 2003
70mile.com
Naw I mean the chicks on my block did the same shit the boys did thats just how it was. I was to young to go to dobies to my cousin fucked wit dobie thats how I know about it lol. Remember royal woods was called Hanover?

Sep 14, 2003
Ya'll don't know nuthin' about them Taco Burgers at Humdingers down north...hot summer nights what the lick...for a buck?!?! Emanuel Cleaver got down for his on that one...we used to be in the Linwood Y kickin' it like yeah...it was only a buck...that's why it was a buck hop...i did a song back in the day called buck hop...i said this b4 but wasn't nothing like JUNETEENTH when it was in Swope Park...you talkin' about thick???? It used to be on fo sho...Then in '97 i found out all the girls went out to skateland in grandview on sundays, but shortly after that all the other cats found out too so they started showin up fonkin'...it was still fun, but not like it was when it was just the girls...cause it was girls out there you didn't see nowhere else...like them out south girls...the older girls...it was lovely boy...them was the days...

Sep 14, 2003
Nahhh, not brywood (although brywood was the spot too)...there was a show on 63rd by the police station next to thrift way and them other shops where the social security office is now...right around the corner from citadel...next to the location 1 building...that's waaaaayyy back in the day...i think i went to see Scarface there when i was a kid...like before i was even in school...like around '83 or something...ya'll youngsters can't feel that...that's some of them Electric Company watchin days right there...remember that? When Morgan freeman was on the Electric Company....and the Great Space Coaster....ah ha...Ya'll pushed snooze on that...cause i know ya'll sleep to it...

Sep 14, 2003
AAAAAHHHHHHH....No you didn't say it was herpes in the water at Oceans of Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trippin' on that a while back when i remember we was kids and used to say...ugh I don't go out to Ocean's of Fun 'cause they got herpes in the water....that's tooooo funny!!!

Nov 13, 2004
Esodericc said:
AAAAAHHHHHHH....No you didn't say it was herpes in the water at Oceans of Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trippin' on that a while back when i remember we was kids and used to say...ugh I don't go out to Ocean's of Fun 'cause they got herpes in the water....that's tooooo funny!!!
Ok cool....I glad I aint the only one who remembers that, I always thought my moms just aint wanna take me. And Esodericc took it back cuz I VAGUELY remember that show on 63rd by the police station..wow! That was like the early-mid eighties. But you got me with the Electric Company. But check this....what yall know about them Thundercats cartoons, He-Man, Elastic Man, Voltron,The Transformers, I was the only girl on my block with the Constructa-Cons..remember that was the dump trucks and trackers,etc that turned into the big green robot. Anybody remember Silverspoons, remember the lil white boy had a mini train in his house...I always wanted that..What yall know bout Diffrent Strokes, Webster, oh shit remember HEE HAW..I hope I wasnt the only lil black ghetto child watchin that shit. Remember Friday Fright Night and Ray Adams from Adams Toyota used to run those dumb ass commercials. Remember the brown cable box with the buttons and the lever on the side and the long ass chord everybody would trip over? Rememberthey had a white one too and you had to slide it from left to right to change the channels. Bet yall dont remember what channels HBO and Showtime was...I think it was 14 and 16. Remember it was the shit to wake up Saturday morning and watch cartoons and eat Rice Crispy's....soggy shit! And you really be tryin to here some snap crackle and pop..yeah right..LOL Did anybody else go to James Short Stop on 41st and Prospect and play Karate Champ and Mario Bros? Remember when Galaga was the shit? What yall know about Knight Rider?