Which One Of These Cars Should I Get?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What Should I Get?

• Lexus IS300

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Honda Accord

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
I gotta '05 IS300 and love it. It does take Premium and is rated at like 18 mpg in the city if that matters to you at all. IS300 hands down if you can find one that is still in decent shape. I would seriously look for one with the lowest miles as possible. I'll sell you mine if your interested it's got 13,000 miles, fully loaded, and in minty mint condition...

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
IS 300

They're sporty looking, and classified as a sports luxury sedan. There's a huge aftermarket for them if you're into customization, and their body lines allow almost any paint scheme to be applied.

You can put low grade octane gasoline in them. They run no different with regular or premium. It's a nice car.

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
check out the message board at my.is or is300.net and do your research. you could probably find a good one for sale around your area maybe even boosted if you wanna go that route. certain colors for certain years, the ones without sunroofs are hella rare, the 5 speeds are also rare......research, research, research. good luck!

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
my boy just got a 08 accord for like 22 brand new. go with a nissan altima the 08's are clean
I like the way the accord looks a lot better than the altima. 22 grand has the be the 4 cylinder...which wont do it for me.

I was looking into the older accords...but I dont really like how the previous generation looked.

Thanks to the people who gave feedback....I think I'm gonna get the IS....gotta wait several months so I can have enough cash to buy it without financing/car loan. For some reason...most of the ones I've seen on craiglist have a salvaged title...and the one person I know who had it wrecked it.... are these cars not safe...or is it that the people who buy these cars just drive like retards?

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
it's a rear wheel drive.....not the best for rain/snow or dumbshits actin stupid. more of a summer car. if you don't have bad weather where you are at I wouldn't worry about it or maybe get some all season tires if you are worried about it. I will tell you the build quality is second to none.....it's a lexus you can't go wrong.

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
They run no different with regular or premium.

copy and pasted from my.is...

"The Lexus Manual says that "Premium Gasoline is REQUIRED"....not reccomended....but can I put in Regular gas?

The short answer is yes. The car will run fine with 87 octane. However, if used over a long period of time, your risks are: Decresed MPG, Decreased Performance, Possible Engine Knock and potential damage to your engine."

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
My best friend's IS300 has 98k miles on it and he uses 87 every fill up. It's never had engine work done. That's silly bullshit that car companies tell you so their gas station compadre's get the most money out of the consumer. High performance vehicles benefit from higher octane gas.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

As for using premium gas, If I put 87 octane into my car it would run hella shitty and knock. The engine was engineered to use premium for a reason. If you cant afford to put the proper gas in then you cant afford the car. Buy some domestic pos like a cobalt instead...

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
As for using premium gas, If I put 87 octane into my car it would run hella shitty and knock. The engine was engineered to use premium for a reason. If you cant afford to put the proper gas in then you cant afford the car. Buy some domestic pos like a cobalt instead...
The only difference with the 87 and higher octane is that it can compress more. Cars with higher performance engines have higher compression and the friction in the cylinder may cause the fuel to combust before it is supposed to this will cause a "ping" and you will be able to hear it. I guess you could always try the lower grade I really doubt it would cause any issues but if the engine sounds funny then you need to get some higher octane fuel in it.