Which Bay Area Rappers have National Appeal?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2004
I know ya'll got your favorite local rappers. But which do you think really have the song making ability and presence to go national? Please dont include the next "Go Dummy" Super Group cuz that shit wont leave your backyard. LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED RAPPERS!!!! START YOUR ENGINES.....

Reeks

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2003
www.myspace.com
Honestly, I think Clyde takes the cake...

He'd have the same style no matter where he was from...

It's not just regional.

But then again, alot of weirdo's blow up with add water and stirr ass music too, so ya never know.

I think A-Wolf needs to put out another album...

Dec 20, 2003
Reeks said:
Honestly, I think Clyde takes the cake...

He'd have the same style no matter where he was from...

It's not just regional.

But then again, alot of weirdo's blow up with add water and stirr ass music too, so ya never know.

I think A-Wolf needs to put out another album...
i agree i think clyde has the total package when it comes to what a lable is looking for hes a great writer and he is musically inclined to where he will take chances with different genres of music but still make it fit his style like the way he works with bedrock they make a good team cuz bedrock is a very good producer that knows all styles of music now if a lable is looking for more of a hard gangster feel then i would roll with messy marv imo and yeah A Wolf does need to drop another album pz

May 19, 2006
Clyde cause dude be makin hits..Imagine if he would of kept "Gettin Hot" and dropped that as his nationwide single..Plus if he gets the proper push from GAME and Capitol then he has a better chance of blowing up..Kaz is underrated as fuck too, "Go Down" is a top 5 song within the last year

Jun 18, 2007
It's funny how these list come out every year and every people pile up on something and that shit doesn't blow. 3 years ago it was keak. 2 years ago it was the frederation. 1 year ago it was YaBoy. Early this year it was Fab...now Clyde will feel the "next to blow" curse that the siccness cast upon people they think will do it big. In my opinion the next to blow is the artist (solo or group) that has the smarts to REALLY just do them. Right now as much as I dig what Carson does he sounds like he is trying to make songs to fit into slots. 2 step was like he said, "hmmmm what would game or 50 do with this track? It sounds like Dre did it so...". I hope he gets the push that the siccness feels he deserves, but as solid as Carson is...solid doesn't equal out to special. He sounds like he could fit right into G-Unit or something like that. Now I was more into the TEAM music than his solo stuff (so far). It kinda had it's own vibe when Shonuff was doing the tracks. He gave them a good sound. But I hope Clyde gets a chance to DO HIM and not try so hard to make "non-bay" records that he sounds like another lost artist blowing in the wind braging about things he may not have just to sound "hot".

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
HyphyAintDead said:
...Now I was more into the TEAM music than his solo stuff (so far). It kinda had it's own vibe when Shonuff was doing the tracks. He gave them a good sound. But I hope Clyde gets a chance to DO HIM and not try so hard to make "non-bay" records that he sounds like another lost artist blowing in the wind braging about things he may not have just to sound "hot".
I agree that Clyde + Kaz + Shonuff - Mayne = Nationwide Appeal

I don't agree that he's trying to mimic another person's style or change up his own style to get mass appeal. His style HAS the appeal. He just is dealing with other producers that make him sound way different compared to the hottest songs off the teams first two albums, aka Shonuff songs. Still crossing fingers for the bay.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
HyphyAintDead said:
It's funny how these list come out every year and every people pile up on something and that shit doesn't blow. 3 years ago it was keak. 2 years ago it was the frederation. 1 year ago it was YaBoy. Early this year it was Fab...now Clyde will feel the "next to blow" curse that the siccness cast upon people they think will do it big. In my opinion the next to blow is the artist (solo or group) that has the smarts to REALLY just do them. Right now as much as I dig what Carson does he sounds like he is trying to make songs to fit into slots. 2 step was like he said, "hmmmm what would game or 50 do with this track? It sounds like Dre did it so...". I hope he gets the push that the siccness feels he deserves, but as solid as Carson is...solid doesn't equal out to special. He sounds like he could fit right into G-Unit or something like that. Now I was more into the TEAM music than his solo stuff (so far). It kinda had it's own vibe when Shonuff was doing the tracks. He gave them a good sound. But I hope Clyde gets a chance to DO HIM and not try so hard to make "non-bay" records that he sounds like another lost artist blowing in the wind braging about things he may not have just to sound "hot".
real talk

artists need to keep their identity rather than try to imitate what worked for others

Dec 20, 2003
HyphyAintDead said:
well the question was who do we think has nationwide appeal not who is the next to blow we were jsut answering the question and with the state of the industry and how it is if record bizz is what ya wanna talk we can play ping pong pimpin 100

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I think somebody that has catchy enough lyrics, good public appeal, and could do songs for mainstream without like hes changing his style or conforming too much, somebody i dont think anyone else will say is Cognito

Dec 20, 2003
NiNe2FiVe said:
I think somebody that has catchy enough lyrics, good public appeal, and could do songs for mainstream without like hes changing his style or conforming too much, somebody i dont think anyone else will say is Cognito
Cog is the truth and definitely has a shot thats my dude he takes his carrer serious takes the proper steps and has the know how when you have that you have a shot in my book 100

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Daddy Rich said:
Cog is the truth and definitely has a shot thats my dude he takes his carrer serious takes the proper steps and has the know how when you have that you have a shot in my book 100
Cognito is to similar to Eminem