When was the last time the Bay Area had a hit record?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
www.sinacal.com
When was the last time the Bay had a hit record?

besides E-40...

Who else has had a hit record lately?

It seems every rapper is doing too much... they all got Solo albums, group albums, compilations, Mix Tapes, Dvds, Movies and Soundtracks... But they all are missing the main ingredient a HIT RECORD you will never blow up without a hit...

TKO

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
When was the last time the Bay had a hit record?

Not in a long time...

As much as I think 40 is a talented artist that last record he did was not what I would consider a "hit record" and come to think of it...I can't think of any right now..

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Define "hit". Our last GOLD or PLATINUM new release was Too Short, Can't Stay Away but it was far from a hit. Prior to that it was E-40 with Element of Surprise (1998? or 1999?). Again far from hits.

There have been great songs on the radio including San Quinn "Give It Up", Richie Rich "Aint Gonna do", Mac Mall "Macnificent". But our last BONAFIDE natiowide hit was probably LUNIZ. Scary aint it?

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
Hit records is what we are all looking for, Im sorry to say but it starts on The PRODUCTION! Aint no HEAT like That out here right now expect for RIC ROQ, and Labels out here cant afford "HIT" production! but as soon as there is a budget behind Done Deal You will hear a few TRUST THAT! we are in the studio with RIc alot next month..

Apr 25, 2002
Blackalicious sold quite a few records and got some play on MTV i think.

Done Deal you guys got production already with your crew but its good to hear that you are networkin with other producers.

Apr 25, 2002
what about the luniz "OAKLAND RAIDERS". since the raiders went to the super bowl and all. that song got real popular. and not just in the bay