When it comes down to mix down..........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 27, 2002
www.illaska.com
Tube Warmth? What should be warmed?

I warmed most of my mid sound instruments like the flutes, my guitars, my leads and my string but what would say should be down to the bass? Should i keep it dry? You know the dry mix of the bass sounds more cutting edge, like rugged ya know. Tube Warmth will make it smoother, but will it really make a difference or what? Also, what can fuzz tube do for a bass that's rugged? I mean can a fuzz tube be used? Lets talk about it.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Ask this question to 20 people and you will get 20 different answer's.

It's really all up to you, do you like the way it sounds with or without being processed by some form of tube gear???

Remeber two just cause this and that works good and sounds great on this track doesn't mean that same set up will work on the next track. You have to look at things on an individual ( cant spell and no I dont care ) basis.

Remeber tube warmth is nothing more than distorion in the mid range freq. It gives you that sound but you lose the cleaness of the material.

Apr 26, 2002
Mr. Samos said:
^ Just expiriment bro, mixing is fun, don't allow it to become work, keep shit fresh, uno

For reals, Never think of it as work. Unless maybe of course you're mixing someone's songs that really suck and can't be fixed in the mix

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
BIG J said:

For reals, Never think of it as work. Unless maybe of course you're mixing someone's songs that really suck and can't be fixed in the mix
No doubt.

Mixing is an art like any else 4-Most, once you finish a mix and you listen to it, you get a feel of success, harnest that.

pz

Jul 7, 2002
It all personal preference like they said....I would try it with and without. See what works.

I know its not alot of help, but it the best thing to do.