When did you start watching wrestling?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
I cant really put a date on it, my older brother has always watched it so it would always be on....but i would say around the late 80s. i liked it but i didnt watch it religiously. I would say in 96 when Scott Hall made the jump to WCW was what really made me start watching every single show and watching every week..that was like an "oh shit" moment since no one knew why he was there, and since the internet wasnt too big, people couldnt know if he was still under WWF contract....but yea I been watchin it since i can remember, the Hogan, Warrior, Rick Rude days etc. just didnt turn into something i followed closely till mid 90s.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I started around the 3rd grade right around the time when Hulk and Macho Man were really fueding. I started watching NWA right about the time when Sting first won the title from Ric Flair.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I use to watch when I was younger, (C. pre Mania 3) up till mania 8. Then I grew up a bit and rebelled and it was "fake".

I didnt get back into everything until I lost my job after 9-11, nothing but time n my hands and only tv to pass the time. I saw a guy named The Rock punch out his boss, and I said "ME TOO!! I would like to knock my boss the fuck out too!!!" Ive been hooked ever since.

Jul 3, 2002
i started around the time when steve austin was in WCW and was in the tag team group called the hollywood blonds. I hella remember that. He was with brian pillman. around then or about a year before, but ive stopped watching a few years ago. It turned for the worst. Mind you, i am 20 right now, so back in the early 90's was when i was way little.

Nov 5, 2004
Started in the late 80s while Hulkamania was still running wild. My fav at the time was Ultimate Warrior though.

Watched until the mid 90s when Razor and Diesel went to wcw, and then they put in a FAKE Razor and Diesel in the wwe. I couldnt believe that they thought the fans were that stupid, so i quit watching.

Then i came back around 98 when Stone Cold pretty much came in and changed wrestling as we know it.

Been watching ever since

Oct 10, 2005
94 first shit i ever seen was some st. mornin shit shawn micheals had "the love shack" or sum lil sideshow, and he was promoting his upcoming match at wrestlemania 10

May 18, 2004
I think back in 86 I started watching it, and I started watching NWA back in 1990. But I stopped watching wrestling completely back in 99 or so, just got tired of it I guess.

May 16, 2002
i been watchin it as long as ive been in front of a television. probably like '85 or someshit. i still remember being watchin wrestlemania 5 on payperview at my cousin's house when i was like 7 or 8. i have never stopped watching it and probably never will...

May 10, 2002
I cant remember the dates but it was way back when wrestling came on channel 2 on saturday morning and the wrestlers faced nobody guys. I used to try to stay up for saturday nights main event at midnight but sometimes they wouldnt play it. then I started watching NWA stuff all the way until that Black Scorpion shit. Then I stopped and started watching WCW just before the NWO shit started. Then stopped again then started watching WWF when the Rock started sayin funny shit. Then stopped again and just watch it every now and then

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Don't remember either, but i remember some shit like:

Steiner Brothers @ WM?
Shawn Michaels beating Bret for the title at WM?
Doink the Clown
Soultan debuting
Taka Michinoku
Savio Vega debuting
Razor Ramon Debuting (the furthest back, maybe?)
Hogan beating Yoko for the title at WM, after he just beat Bret

1993-95 or something, I'm thinking.

Mar 1, 2004
I'd have to say late 80's...I always watched WWF on Saturdays @ 11 after the morning cartoons. We didn't have cable back then, so the only time I caught NWA/WCW was when I was at my cousin's house. Early 90's I remember watching AWA every now and then.......oh the good old days