What's Your Relationship With Your Parents Like?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Good, Bad? do you know them, but you feel like they don't really know you for who you really are on the streets? Or do they know exactly what you do and stress you 24/7 about it?

I think age is gonna have a lot to do with this post so state your age at some point.

I don't think I've been through it all but I've been through a lot with them; loving them, hating them, accepting them, becoming friends with them, losing their trust and gaining it back just to lose it again. Now, at 25, my relationship with them is good. Although my younger years were bad, after I got out of CYA a lot of shit changed. Now that I'm out of college, working, and making it on my own they are more like friends than authority figures.

Where are you at with them?

Dec 17, 2002
Good post bro.

I'm 26.
Relationship with them is pretty good overall.
We're pretty close. My whole family is.
We have issues with money at times but that's about it.
I'm staying with them again so I have to respect
the rules of the house. No drinking, no women
and being home no later than midnight. If it gets
later than that, I can't come home until the following day.
They know about my past gang affiliations, but
they think I'm out of that "stage". They don't like me kickin
it with my homeboys but it's hard to find loyal friends that'll
be there for you no matter what.

Feb 9, 2003
I'm 18.
So I'm still young. My mom and dad don't "know" that I get into it with other fools, although they have their suspicions, and I'd like to keep it that way. My pops has a weak heart and anything huge could kill him. Although I love them I don't like them because of some shit they've done in the past. I've been kicked out my house, been beat by them, starved with them, slept in garages with them, etc. Although we have our problems we stick together, because who else besides your family and homies do you have?

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
i am 21, been on my own for like over 3 years. i lived with my dad in oklahoma, but he was rarely there at all like my whole senior year and through that summer before i joined the coast guard. i was never into drugs or liquor, but i had me a stable of broads that would frequent my house.......that he was payin rent for. he would show up from time to time, kick down with some funds time and again cause i had just lost my job and couldn't find one that paid as well as that one. me and him are more like friends than father/son. all my homies say he's like the coolest old dood you'll ever meet and shit, it's just that he ain't a good father. he cheated on my mom, while she was pregnant with me, with who would later by my next stepmom..........so shit was faulty between my folks since i was a kid you know? me and my mom get along, but she is so stubborn that she gets pissed and hangs up the phone without letting me talk, i hate that shit. i try and do what i can to be nice to them though, regardless of what they have done. they don't really know shit about me though as far as me being a person. they don't give me credit for shit and they don't think i am nearly as smart as i really am. i guess i get along with them okay, but they don't really know shit about me.

my closest homeboy's mom is basically my mom as far as i am concerned, she loves me more than my own parents do, i'd do anything for her. i am sure some of y'all can relate to that

Feb 12, 2003
i'm 13 and my realationship wit my mom iz ok but i alwayz get in trouble so we kinda have fights and shit and then when i go to my dadz we do shit like i do wit my friendz so its coo and i don't fyte wit him bout music and shit so i'd rather live wit him.......but yea

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
for a few years I used to think "blood's thicker than water, but water will do" 'cause of some shit that happened... Lately I'm finding out that my dad will be there for me no questions asked to do what needs to be done (with that said, I dont bang or anything like that). My mom on the other hand, it seems that I'd have to give her a huge explination for why I might need help. I have a good relationship with them, but I think my relationship with my dad is the strongest out of all of mine with family. Being 20 and able to sit down with my folks and talk about adult things since I was a young kid has helped us stay close through thick n' thin... but if it wasn't for my dad being shot and my brother's run ins with the law I don't know how close I'd be with those two.

Jun 14, 2002
I'M 15 YEARS OLD.

MY RELATIONSHIP WIT' MY MOM IS GOOD.HER AND MY DAD WERE DIVORCED WHEN I WAS A LIL' KID.LIKE 2-3 YEARS OLD.SHE TOOK CARE ME AND MY OLDER BROTHER,WHEN MY DAD TOOK OFF.DIDNT SPEAK TO HIM FOR LIKE 8-9 YEARS.ONE DAY HE SHOWED BACK UP AND EXPECTED ME TO JUST ACCEPT HIM.I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU!".BUT WE TRIED WORKIN' THANGS OUT.WE ARE STILL ON SHAKY GROUND.I HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE SURROUNDIN' ME USUALLY,SO HE TRIES TO DISCIPLINE ME,BUT I CANT TAKRE IT FROM HIM BECAUSE HE HAS DOEN SO MUCH WRONG IN HIS LIFE AND ACTS LIKE NONE OF IT EVER HAPPENED.

MY MOM HAS STUCK WIT' ME THO'.THROUGH BEIN' LOCKED UP,EVERYTHING.EVERY VISITIN' TIME,SHE WOULD GO.I LOVE HER SO MUCH FOR THAT.SHE ACCEPTS MY FRIENDS EVEN THO',AINT NOT A GOD DAMN ONE PERFECT WITH THEIR CRIMINAL BACKGROUNDS,AND JUST TRUSTS ME.I DONT BANG,BUT SHE KNO'S I WILL DO ANY THING FOR MY HOMIES AND SHE RESPECTS THAT.SO WE SEE EYE TO EYE.

OVERALL,MY RELATIONSHIP IS GOOD.I COULDNT ASK FOR MORE,BECAUSE MY PARENTS CARE ABOUT ME,EVEN IF IT DONT SEEM LIEK IT ALL THE TIME.

Dec 18, 2002
its alright...but im in college and realizing that i am smarter then my parents which is hard to realize as a kid still livin at home....most of their advice is simple minded and i feel that im outgrowin my household...so im uppin to move out in a year after i get my 2 year degree and transfer to a university....me and my parents have bad communication and i dont really let them kno wat i do outside of the home

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002

man str8 up...the relationship iz koo...but they dont approve of my wayz...there scared i wont live b4 i hit 18...but u never know...i love them...they love me...but we have our problemz...they got me locked up b4...but itz all in the love

Jun 14, 2002
^ I FEEL WHAT YOU SAYIN' ABOUT HOW YOUR PARENTS THINK YOU AINT GON' TO LIVE.

MY PARENTS THE SAME WAYS HOMIE.THEY SAYIN' Y WAYS JUST GONNA SEND ME STRAIGHT TO PRISON,OR DEAD.BUT WHAT THY DONT REALIZE IS THAT ONCE YOU CAUGHT UP IN A LIFE,ITS HARD TO GET OUT,DRUG DEALIN',GANG BANGIN',WHATEVER YOU DO,YA KNO'?YOU GOT YOUR STREET REP,AND YOU CANT ESCAPE IT.WHETHER YOUR REP IS GOOD OR BAD,IF YOU GANG BANGIN' IT ESPECIALLY HARD.I DONT,SO THT AINT ONE OF MY WORRIES.PEOPLE ALWAYSGON' KNO' YOU BY YOUR REP,WHAT YA CLAIM?WHAT YA SLANG?YOU'SA SNITCH?THATS HOW THEY KNO' YOU,NO ESCAPIN' IT.SO YOU CANT GET OUTTA THE LIFE LIKE THAT.SHITS HECTIC,BUT OH WELLI CHOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I DO,SO OH WEL,NUTTIN' MORE I CAN DO.

PLUS IT DONT HELP WIT' MY DAD SAYIN' IM GONNA BE A NOTHIN',NEVER GO TO COLLEGE,NEVER BE SHIT.

Aug 6, 2002

my jefita passed when I was really young like 8 years ago. but are relationship was always cool. I was one of those fools like could bash a fools window in or steal shit but once around my jefita it was all respect. which is stupid cause if I respected her I should not have done shit.

my jefe we have always been cool to. cause he is a straight famero veterano. he says he needs more years to be a vet but all his homies say he is. he was walking prison yards when I was playing in school. He stayed in Tulare county and I stayed in Fresno so we talked alot when we could but being under CPS, cause my jefita passed and my jefe was doing some vacation time, I chose to shit to get me in YA instead. me and my jefe talk all the time though.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
tha rents are coo wit my sisters n shit, but i think i said it b4, they gave up on me n shit along time ago, talkin bout i wont amount to shit, that i wont go to college n shit, but its all good, im still under they roof, after i tried movin to tha dorms in a sac. college, but that didnt work out, so i came back to tha house in antioch, n my rents say they are here fo me, but they dont give me money or nothin, juss a place to sleep, thass bout all i need, cuz im tryin to get a place wit tha lil money im earning at tha lobster n shit. but i got into a bunch of fights wit pops, broke his arm, n nose n shit, moms is still coo, thass bout it

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
ayeeeee i didnt ever say i beat his ass, i still got my ass beat, this was back in tha day, wit sum lucky shit, i aint got no big ego man, wtf u always talkin shit on me for, damn. tha thread asked for tha relationship wit yo parents, n i described it man, fuck

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
man i dont have the heart 2 fuck my dad up...after all the good shit he has done 4 me and my family...the only violent thing i can do towardz him...iz like yell...i got 2 much respect hez bout 2 turn 60 and he workz at gallo winery and he juss carryz hoses around all day...respect man respect