what's wrong with FL?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2002
www.myspace.com
50cal said:
Can someone tell me the plus side to using fruity loops besides cost factor and ease of use.?
I've never used the mpc or triton studio to compare it with, but the fruity slicer is versatile as hell as far as chopping samples and with the filters and fx in the program you can really tweak those. Check out some of my tracks under the freestyle on here

Mar 18, 2006
autistic said:
Shit one of my folks made me a sick ass beat on Fruity Loops like a year ago. The beat still sounds brand new. Like a lot of you said it's not what kind of production equipment you got it's how you use it.

You said it all right there i ain't like fl at 1st either but after i sat myself down locked myself in the studio for so long time came to find out its just as good as any hardware or software product out there its all about the person and what he or she perfers and how hard they are willing to work to become very good at beat making bottom line i think people trippin on fl just cuz it a cheaper way to make tracks/beats therefore its suppose to pump out cheap sounding tracks which its the case out all. To say its a entry level program is just stupid only pepole who aint sat down and put in hardwork on the program say such things

FL ,THE REASON, MPC'S IT ALL THE SAME AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT METHOD OF DOIN IT

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
CUTTA said:
You said it all right there i ain't like fl at 1st either but after i sat myself down locked myself in the studio for so long time came to find out its just as good as any hardware or software product out there its all about the person and what he or she perfers and how hard they are willing to work to become very good at beat making bottom line i think people trippin on fl just cuz it a cheaper way to make tracks/beats therefore its suppose to pump out cheap sounding tracks which its the case out all. To say its a entry level program is just stupid only pepole who aint sat down and put in hardwork on the program say such things

FL ,THE REASON, MPC'S IT ALL THE SAME AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT METHOD OF DOIN IT
If fruity loops and mpc are the same at the end of the day how come yours can be told it was from fruity loops....a thread got erased so Im gonna keep it real...you can make some cool beats..not my particular taste,but I recognize you can make a cool beat,however after listening to your beats...they have fruity loops written all over them,not sayin some people cant tweak that to make it unrecognizable,but i dont think you have figured it out,you would definatley make a big improvement if you at least had some sound modules,cause your sounds are way too thin,and I dont care if you ran each of those sounds through an ssl board or neve.....maybe with some high end effects ,maybe an eventide eclipse you could make them thicker......Im just saying your music has not been a good example of equipments all the same....I aint trying to diss you,I mean well....again you know how to make a beat,but I can tell you are limited by your equipment

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
heres beats ive made on fruity loops...

www.myspace.com/mystahnonstop

all of em were made on fruity loops... got more, plenty more.. i might post some up so yall can see, and so the rest of yall USIN fruity loops can see all you gotta do is put your MIND to the beat.. dont be so lazy wit it, or just dont do it at all...

there all in mp3, so the quality of the tracks arnet there 100%, but if you got subs youll see that its not all thin and tinny like ive heard people make...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
yeah^^^^^^ thats more like it....sounds good to the ear..not frail and weak...I still,dont beleive fruity loops gonna give you that analog bass like a moog...but for strings,and such its all good

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
none of them sounds is from fruity loops tho...

i just use it cause i can pull up all my vst's, pull sounds off of my triton, mophatt, planet phat, and rewire reason into it and shit...

but i got a wierd process anyway...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
nonstop_ga said:
none of them sounds is from fruity loops tho...

i just use it cause i can pull up all my vst's, pull sounds off of my triton, mophatt, planet phat, and rewire reason into it and shit...

but i got a wierd process anyway...

You tricked me...hahaaa.It all makes sense now....do you use Fl just to use something different,as opposed to your triton,or reason....?

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
i just got the most comfortable wit it... i use errything tho... sometimes i do it all in the triton, but your limited in the triton, errything sounds the same, so i just pull it all up in fruity loops and layer the triton sounds wit whatever vst i most usin, and i just mix and match errything.l. cause every peice of gear i have has its pros and cons, so i just try to use the best out of all of em...

now me personaly, i wouldnt use fruity loops if you couldnt open vsts, sample, and pull sounds off of my modules wit it... the stock sounds are horribly corney, and i boycott them 100%...

laffytaffy was created wit all stock fruity loop sounds...damn i hate that shit

Apr 26, 2006
There's nothing wrong at all with FL Studio. It pretty much has everything you need to make good beats, aside from the built-in samples that are $hitty. Just don't use those built-in samples. Sample your own sounds, download or buy samples. You can find a lot of good samples on the internet for free and with a little EQ-ing you can really enhance them to your liking.

However, I do usually export my stuff to .wav format then edit and mix it all in other programs like Adobe Audition, SoundForge or ACID. I think it's best to export the stuff you do in FL like this, that way you can edit the individual waveforms if you have to and do your final mastering. It's a lot harder to do all that just within FL.

So I like to use FL more as a tool, then export the sounds I create in FL for use in other programs like the ones I mentioned above for the final edit and mix down. I usually only do that if I'm really serious about a beat though because I can enhance the quality of the sound better if I export because I can get the most of my DX/VST effect plugins, but if I'm feeling lazy or not too serious about the beat/quality, then I'll just do the mixdown in FL's playlist and do the EQ-ing and what not within FL to the best I can.

FL is the complete package. It's so d@mn easy to use. People only hate on it because of the "Fruity" name and carrot logo.

BTW, if you really want to make some good original sounding $hit, it's a MUST IMO that you use VST/DX plugins. I synthesize most of my basslines, strings, kicks, snares sometimes and other synth type sounds. I love the Novation BassStation/V-Station, Arturia MiniMoogV, Native Instruments Pro-53/FM-7, Synth1, Sonic Charge MicroTonic (uTonic), reFX Vanguard,... VSTi synths especially. There's so many damn VST synths & effects you can get. So FL Studio is very expandable if you look at it this way.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
understandable... well now, since you can get it for m-audio cards, i think almost every learning producer/engineer should get it, and either school themselves on it, or go to school on protools.. valuable knowledge, even if you dont use protools

Apr 26, 2006
Filthy_Rich said:
one of the problems i have with FL is that you can't export each the song as a data folder. when selling beats, most of the artists that i work with want the beat "tracked out" so that they can mix and adjust it in ProTools or Cubase. The only way to do this is to export each sound as a wav individually. this process can be pretty time consuming if you have a beat with 15-20 tracks.

Are you choosing "Split Mixer Tracks" under Options in the Render box? Of course each of your sounds have to be assigned to an individual FX track first though.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
i gotta get back into FL. Several years ago i fucked wid it but never really got through the preliminary stages of learning. My boy Klockwerk does some ill shit with it. If i figure out how to EQ and use effects in FL im sorted. I tried to rekindle my passion for FL but it aint workin! It's a package that you really have to get into, perservere with, be real fanatic over, and then you'll get your reward.. Tight beats. I didn't follow by this and haven't touched it for 4 years or so.

some shit i did back in '01/02. I got the jist of the package and loved their step sequencer, you could do some real funky shit with it... (2nd beat in mind)

http://download.yousendit.com/6891F9701D2E3274

(5 mb)

May 10, 2004
havnt you ever noticed that when you use the split each track option in fruity and you choose the "wrap remainder" option, that you get a slight pop at the end of a few sounds when it loops...just wondering, do you make the beat in fruity and arrange the beat in fruity (like break it down) or do you make the beat then export the tracks and break it down in another program?

Apr 26, 2006
Mr. Samos said:
The problem with FL is nobody knows how to use it correctly. But then again, that's not the software's fault.

I don't understand why! It has to be by far the easiest d@mn music program to use IMO. It's simple-stupid easy I think. CMON, alls you have to do really is make your $hit in the patterns, then arrange your patterns together in the playlist to form your song. Simple, then the rest like learning how to use the FX, mixer and what not should easily come to you. That's what I like about it, it's so easy to use, yet very flexible.

Apr 26, 2006
mR.SiPpYGeTiPpY said:
some shit i did back in '01/02. I got the jist of the package and loved their step sequencer, you could do some real funky shit with it... (2nd beat in mind)

http://download.yousendit.com/6891F9701D2E3274

(5 mb)

cool beats, but I can clearly tell that you used the built-in sounds and plugins like the plucker. Some of it sounds a bit "Casio-ish." I would definitely recommend using some VST/DX Instrument/Effects plugins and better samples. Not to mention, use some FX mastering to help bring it out like EQ, Compression, Stereo Field enhancer, etc... Reverb also, your stuff sounds a bit too dry. I like some of the ideas you got going, but with better sounds & FX use it'll definitely sound a lot better, not as "thin" sounding. Good stuff though, nice to see that your going to give FL another shot. :)