What's Up With Anquan Boldin?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Not content to just have a screaming match with the offensive coordinator on the sidelines (which landed him on our list of five least valuable people of Championship Sunday), Anquan Boldin carried his hissy-fit to the Arizona Cardinals postgame celebration, too.

While most of the other Cardinals were still on the field being showered in confetti and picking up their NFC Championship trophy, Boldin had already bolted out of the locker room. The behavior prompted CBS's Mike Freeman to call him a naughty word.

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.

In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.

It was awful behavior.

[...] I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.

I just wonder if Boldin isn't costing himself some money here, too. He doesn't want to be a Cardinal anymore. I think he's made that pretty clear. But who's going to want to give a guy a huge contract when he's fighting with a coach when he should probably be happy about going to a Super Bowl?

Presumably, he's worried about his touches. Meanwhile, the team is going to the Super Bowl. Obviously, Boldin's placing a lot more importance on the former than the latter. Teams are on a character kick these days. It doesn't pay to be a selfish malcontent.

It's disappointing to see from Boldin. He showed such unbelievable selflessness and courage by coming back from a catastrophic injury earlier in the season. Maybe there's more to the story than I know, but looking at at it from the outside, I wouldn't have expected this from Boldin.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-less-valuable-than-previously?urn=nfl,135311

What's going on with Boldin?

May 2, 2002
This shit with Boldins been going on since last year. Hes butt hurt that hes not making enough money (and its true, hes not) and he wants to renegotiate his contract, but the cards got him through 2010.

Shits no different than every other professional athlete that thinks the world revolves around them.

Boldin is a great player, theres no question about that. But fuck all the drama. No team wants that shit. If he doesnt wanna play for AZ, bounce. Breaston's gonna be a beast anyways.

Jan 5, 2006
i dont wanna make this sound racist or anything.. just something ive been seeing alot.. why do black athletes cause trouble and get in trouble and shit? T.O., Chad 'Ocho Cinco', Plaxico Burress, Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, just to name a few.

May 2, 2002
I don't think he was on the sideline bitching about his contract.

If you can't celebrate going to the Super Bowl with your team...the first time in franchise history...then something is seriously wrong.

I wonder what happened.

May 20, 2006
i dont wanna make this sound racist or anything.. just something ive been seeing alot.. why do black athletes cause trouble and get in trouble and shit? T.O., Chad 'Ocho Cinco', Plaxico Burress, Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, just to name a few.

"You can take a nigga out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the nigga".......BTW.....LJ is a bitch ass nigga, he beats up on women, but gets checced by niggaz in the hood......The Chiefs are soft becuz they got cats like LJ, can't wait until he is outta here....

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Shit even when they haven't been really throwing to him due to whatever reasons Fitzgerald is beastin. Dude broke Rice's playoff record like nothin, and that's before the Super Bowl. Boldin should even be happy they made the Super Bowl, but no he's gotta be a lil bitch

Oct 30, 2006
Boldin is one of my favorite players and honestly that shit is uncalled for. I don't know what the fuck that fool is screaming about.

Props to Haley for not taking his shit and putting him in his place.

Nov 24, 2003
Remember that we as fans often look at this situation from the perspective that pro sports are a game but some of the players look at it with it the perspective that it is a job and nothing more.

I imagine many people wouldn't care how well their company was preforming if they felt they were being under payed.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Remember that we as fans often look at this situation from the perspective that pro sports are a game but some of the players look at it with it the perspective that it is a job and nothing more.

I imagine many people wouldn't care how well their company was preforming if they felt they were being under payed.
Yeah but at least be professional about it and do the complaining off the field