Whats so good about Keak Da Sneak?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2006
GoDoDoDumb said:
I've listened to this nigga since he was in 3x crazy. It seems like his style has evolved since then. I see hella people puttin Keak at the top of their favorite bay area rappers list... Personally, I think he's just aiiiight at best... Hes an acquired taste. I don't see what the big deal with him is. He got a scruffy voice with weak lyrics and below average delivery. He always sounds like hes struggling when he spits and on interviews his voice aint really like that. On top of all that, he aint as animated and "superhyphie" on the TV screen as other bay cats are. Sure he sounds different, but he's definitely not the best of the bay in my opinion. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I just gonna take a lot of heat for this thread?
personally when keak was in 3xkrazy i thought B.A was better. Kamikaze def changed up his style tho...trynna mimic keak. keak has also changed styles, i actually understood what he used to say, now i cant really.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
Well in answer to your post I would put Keak top or close to the top of my list every time, he has a unique style which actually makes him worth listening to rather than being the same as every other cat.

Plus it ain't just about what you think of his voice, you have to stack up what he's put out. Every damn 3xKrazy CD was the knock to me, they never came weak and Keak was leading that.

Then each of his solo albums was the fuckin slap too, back to back, each time his CD's dropped I'd be hyped off a new track, Aight Cool on Sneakacydal, Here Comes Keak on Hi-Tek, Don't Wanna See Me on Retaliation.

Then dude drops T-Shirts, Blue Jeans and Nikes, then Copium and you know that was on blap every track, at that point Keak's standards and quality could not have been higher in the Bay to me... never weak.

His choice of beats, charisma on the mic and not filling albums with features but at the same time coming hard on his guest spots, thats a pretty strong rep for a rapper. Can't fault that.

Since then okay his albums have got a bit more hit and miss with all the labels he's signed to and product he's putting out, but dude still dropped monster tracks like Superhyphy and has the biggest buzz in the bay.

For a resume of any rapper Keak has a lot to be proud of, people talk about dudes flow like he's some new cat with no stripes, without appreciating the number of solid albums he has put out - only 40 has a stronger discography.

And on the break it down tip, just go cop Sneakacydal and play Alright Cool. My head got knocked off when I heard that, my mouth was hanging open. It ain't many times anyone can do that and step the game up.

Feb 4, 2005
Keaks a good unique rapper in my opinion, but sum tracks he just fuckz up wit his style when he features. He has a good voice and mad charisma and sometimes drops heated lyrics. He is probley in my top 10 Bay list, But his albums are hit and miss.

Feb 22, 2006
GoDoDoDumb........... [B said:
weak lyrics and below average delivery.[/B] He always sounds like hes struggling when he spits and on interviews his voice aint really like that. On top of all that, he aint as animated and "superhyphie" on the TV screen as other bay cats are. Sure he sounds different, but he's definitely not the best of the bay in my opinion. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I just gonna take a lot of heat for this thread?

His lyrics ain't always on point but some of his songs are hella hard like "town business". I think he doesnt spend time on alot of his shit but when he does its hella crazy.

He sure aint as hyphy as other dudes out here thats fo sure. I think its cause he's old i bet he used to be crazy...

Jan 14, 2006
siefer209 said:
His lyrics ain't always on point but some of his songs are hella hard like "town business". I think he doesnt spend time on alot of his shit but when he does its hella crazy.

true. he may not spend a lot of time on his rhymes but he does write them in the bathroom so he knows they the shit... very tough skill to master.

Feb 25, 2006
i liked keak's style back in his 3xkrazy days when u could actually understand what he was sayin...back then, his shit was still unique and enjoyable...now, u cant understand half his shit...i have trouble to listenin to a whole cd of keak cuz his style gets old....and NO im not gonna sit there and try to decipher his shit...

May 15, 2002
Way Back off the Thizz nation 1 CD is crystal clear and so Is "that way" off Hi Tek - Yes it's only 2 songs, but he doesn spit shit which you can understand.

Jan 14, 2006
ClickClack said:
i liked keak's style back in his 3xkrazy days when u could actually understand what he was sayin...back then, his shit was still unique and enjoyable...now, u cant understand half his shit...i have trouble to listenin to a whole cd of keak cuz his style gets old....and NO im not gonna sit there and try to decipher his shit...

agreed

Dec 10, 2005
i dont know what some of yall talkin bout i heard keak say shit that nobody ever said b4 he rhymes words that i diddnt even kno rhymed real shit

sometimes i gotta put my ear 2 the speakers 2 hear what hes sayin gotta really listen but he coo 2 me

Feb 13, 2006
I like his originality, his phrases actually catch on & people (other than him say them) like:

*Yaddaimean & yadda-how many songs came out & u hear other rappers usin it
*white t shirt, blue jeans, & nikes-every cat says that
*Hyphy- entire movement
*Fo Sheezy- dont get me started

I like leaders-all the other bay rappers made hits off his phrases