What's a good digital camera to get?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I want to get one, but don't know shit about them. I'm lookin to spend about 150-225.

Is it all about megapixels or what? Cuz I saw some on ebay that had like 12 mp and were like a hundred cheaper than some that were only 7 mp.

Jan 5, 2006
Megapixels dont really matter, megapixels just means BIGGER images. Anything around 6.1 megapixels should be good, but it also depends on what kind of photography youre doing.. and im assuming we're talking point and shoot because for that price range you cant really get an SLR camera which is more high end.

May 2, 2002
yeah its just gonna be a point and shoot.. not a photographer or anything.

so just anything about 6.0 mp and cannon should be straight?

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
if u want bomb quality pics,..it would be canon or nikon cuz theyve always been known for cameras and photography and wut not since i could remmeber so i would go with them just for the fact they specialize in all that and have the tightest cameras on the market,...the sonys i dont trust,.. sony cameras are ok i guess but theyre more known for electronics and prolly just made a camera to run with the big boys,. but if u want sum good quality shit,...go canon!...thinking of getting a canon but the kind the press use that hang around the neck with the lens sticking out that u can adjust by hand!!...pics come out dope with them cams! those are the ones u wanna use for cd covers,fliers and taking model pics and wut not!...but yea!....go canon peeeiimmmpppp!