Whatever happened to E A Ski Earthquake album?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
This Highly Anticipated album was heavily advertised and promoted in 97,I even saw one of the videos off the album with Montell Jordan but as far as i know it was never released and i read that E A Ski was planning to sue Relativity for a huge price.

Anyone know what E A Ski's up to?

May 6, 2002
i got it homie, was released in 1999

E A Ski-Earthquake
1 - Showdown (F_Montell Jordan)
2 - Earthquake (F_Ice Cube)
3 - Faces Of Death
4 - 25 With A Mill Ticket
5 - 4 Centimetres
6 - Anticipation
7 - Bag Of Chips (F_Boss Hogg)
8 - Player Haters (F_Ice T)
9 - Welcome To California
10 - Imma Get U High (F_3re Tha Hardaway)
11 - Dr. Dre And Mr. Ski (F_Dr.Dre)
12 - Blast If I Have To
13 - Maddoggin' (F_Jayo Felony)
14 - Now What (F_Spice 1)
15 - I.M.G.
16 - Showdown-Instrumental
17 - Instrumental

May 6, 2002
i'll take your word for it 4dt, might be a bootlegg, i'm not knowin really, looks like a lot of the tracks r recycled

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
yeah its a bootleg, with some unreleased "earthquake" songs, his "showdown" and "blast if i have to" singles and some guest apperances/songs from compilations. there were actual advance promo copies of "Earthquake" issued by Relativity, but Ive never been able to get my hands on a copy.

May 10, 2002
wcgsf.cjb.net
Earthquake

Well...Ski had a beef with Relativity records so he left it but that didnt stop Relativity Records to release the album but the problem was that Ski had only a couple of new tracks done so they simply recycled tracks. The latest news from Ski is that he signed with 75Ark and was supposed to release: Mr Ski Presents - IMG last year but we are still waitin. An unreleased song (single??) is now avaible for download at westcoast2k.cjb.net

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
Re: Earthquake released or not ??

Loki_Looked said:
The album must have been relased. If you read the E-A-SKi discography at respected Allmusic.com, Rollingstone.com and VH1 you'll find it there. The albums has even recieved a 3 star rating at Allmusic
promos were sent out.. thats probably why there are ratings for it. but its wasnt released...

May 10, 2002
wcgsf.cjb.net
Re: Re: Earthquake released or not ??

4sDeuces&Trays said:

promos were sent out.. thats probably why there are ratings for it. but its wasnt released...
Hmm..that could be true..but the problem now is that his new albums has been pushed pack for over a year now and nobody still knows when its gonna be released. Just hopes that it wont face the same destiny as "Earthquake"

May 5, 2002
hah damn big ol ea-ski. i was hella hyped bout that album i remembered seeing ads for it left and right all over the place when i was in like 8th grade the ads said he was like the next dre or some shit then nothin ever happened. ive allways wondered what the deal was. Must suck to be him he was right on the verge of blowing up and living a nice life but now look at him he's a nobody in the music biz, pretty much he's just a mith now. Kinda fucked up how that works out huh, you never know man you never know.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Earthquake never did, and never will come out, straight from Ski's mouth himself, Earthquake has been put into the vaults because it is now old material, so he can continue to work on new material for his new projects which include a solo E-A-Ski album and a IMG album which is a group consisting of E-A-Ski, CPO Boss Hogg, and Ferguson from NY. Ski did have a new single that was recieving a LITTLE bit of airplay on KMEL called Gangsta Funk. To this point, most of the songs, but I'm sure not all, have been leaked onto compilations and soundtracks etc. Ski is one of my favorite artists I would have loved to see this album come out, but who knows what all went on behind closed doors, I do know though from sources close to Ski that everytime he left a label, Relativity, I forget the others, but at least one or two others, everytime he left a label, he left with MILLIONS, so when it all comes down to it, depending on who you talk to, Ski aint really trippin on this shit, he doesn't have to, he has his bread, but then again depending on who you talked to, he keeps gettin fucked by these major labels.

PS: look out for the possibility of a new E-A-Ski song on the upcoming project C-4 Presents Dirt Hu$tlin: Tryna Make Somethin Outta Nothin...Coming This Summer!!! :)

PSS: I also made a bootleg similar to the one listed above, mine has more tracks though and is in a different order, that album woulda been tight as fuck if it dropped.

Apr 25, 2002
C-4 said:
everytime he left a label, he left with MILLIONS
Yea I remember reading an article about him in The Source back when Earthquake was supposed to come out...they were talking about his house...sounded pretty nice....I was wondering where he was getting the scratch from...