What you want????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 17, 2002
www.money-tree.tv
What I want to know is as a customer what would make you feel more comfortable buying an album? And what promotional materials get your attention more than others . For instance snippets, flats, posters Ect. Last but not least what do you think a quality album is ? Please don’t leave no bullshit answers like: if the album was free I’d be more likely to get it.
Holla One Luv

Apr 25, 2002
What I've noticed makes a very good and memorable album is content. You can make just about anything rhyme and put it over a good beat and people will like it. But most of the time after a couple of listens when the person begins to understand what is being said they realize the song isn't ABOUT ANYTHING and they lose interest. Songs that tell a story or go along with the title of the song or feeling of the album are much better, Songs that let you into the artists life are very interesting too, Woodie and Lynch are two that come to mind right away because in alot of thier songs they talk about personal life experiences and tell it in a way that lets you relate to it. The order of the songs on an album is very important to. Dont put a song like "put the gunz down" next to "blow your brainz out." Or a song about how much you love your girl next to a song about all women being bitches or hoes. Make the album flow from one mood to another or just keep it at one mood.

Dont talk about how many people you've killed, how much money you have, how much drugz you sell. Its Ok to touch on these subjects but what people want is something they can relate too.
Most people dont have 24's, a mansion, and a Boat. I dont want to listen to someone talk about it on every song. Why would I want to listen to some shit about something I dont have? If you've done dirt or sold shit in the past its cool to talk about your experiences. But dont act like your the boss of the mob on your album cuz everyone will know you're full of shit. Be real thats the best advice because no one can knock you for being yourself.

Apr 25, 2002
When you record a song.....just listen to it. Can you honestly say it's tight?

I'm not an artist but I don't see how some people can put some of the shit out they do. How can they record some of this wack shit and actually think people are gonna like it? Don't be biased......if the song is weak suck it up and cut that shit.

If you can't rap to a slow beat, don't rap slow. If you can't rap to a fast beat, then don't rap fast.