What yall think bout a new dago unsigned hype cd???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
the homie was talkin bout it and sounded like a good idea, shit been done before but im talkin about upcommin artists from dago get all on one mixtape and push that shit everywhere, kinda like the forgotten cd and streets of southeast, but a new one lol
post yall thoughts....

Jan 28, 2007
I think I speak for everyone when I say that as long as its hot and people give their full efforts, I don't got any problem with new music coming out.

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
I PERSONALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM HEARING NEW ARTISTS.... I THINK THE ONLY ISSUE IS - ALOT OF PEOPLE IN SAN DIEGO,ONLY WANNA HEAR LOCAL RAPPERS IF THEY ARE AFFILIATED SOMEWHERE OR WITH SOMEONE.

ITS HARD FOR ANYONE WITH ANY DESTINGUISHED MARKETING EXPERIENCE TO JUST JUMP BEHIND A BUNCH OF "NOBODYS" BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO SELL/MARKET.
yeah thas what i was thinkin too, i was thinkin to get a someone whos been in the game for a min to judge and put the new artists on and then to get someone "known" to host the mixtape
thas prolly the only way to make people listen if they only interested in music from thier fameous artists

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Fuck a mixtape...who really wants to buy one....To put out a nice cd its gonna cost at least $7000 unless all production and recording is done by whoever puts out the B.D...I mean C.D. And there are only a few people in dag0 who actually know how to even record and mix down properly, if this sounds like too much then re think the career path.

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
Fuck a mixtape...who really wants to buy one....To put out a nice cd its gonna cost at least $7000 unless all production and recording is done by whoever puts out the B.D...I mean C.D. And there are only a few people in dag0 who actually know how to even record and mix down properly, if this sounds like too much then re think the career path.
it doesnt sound like too much, but it aint a career path or ntohin just a thought, im more interested in recordin and puttin out songs then a mix cd, but it was just an idea cuz it seems like dago needs something right now

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
it doesnt sound like too much, but it aint a career path or ntohin just a thought, im more interested in recordin and puttin out songs then a mix cd, but it was just an idea cuz it seems like dago needs something right now
Oh so this would be your c.d..hmmm i forgot to state that i was up for it as long as tiny mille wasnt rappin..hahah L.O.L. jus playing.......A little advice, stay away from something like this...too many ego's then after everything is recorded comes animosity, envy and artists thinking you are fuck'n em over..I done seen it a handfull of times....same song different day.

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
Oh so this would be your c.d..hmmm i forgot to state that i was up for it as long as tiny mille wasnt rappin..hahah L.O.L. jus playing.......A little advice, stay away from something like this...too many ego's then after everything is recorded comes animosity, envy and artists thinking you are fuck'n em over..I done seen it a handfull of times....same song different day.
lol, nah not at all, to be honest it was kinda more of a request lol, if people was down for it i was thinkin everybopdy get at the unkown artists they know and feel like they good to hop on becuz i know a few, as for me makin money off of it tho i aint intrested in that, i jus feel like 1-2 dago albums commin out every 2 years aint enough for me lol

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I was conservative with the $7000 figure, shit some people think $1000 is too much. I think each artist should stand on his own, too many features etc....although Im in the works to maybe do a comp...

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
TOUCHE'.

LOL

ME, PERSONALLY...... I WISH THAT DUCKETS WAS MORE RIGHT TO FINISH UP AN ALBUM.

SOMETIMES AN ALBUM CAN COST MORE THAN THE ESTATMATED 5-7 G'S..... ME, PERSONALLY.... I DONT LIKE TO RELEASE SONGS UNLESS IT IS TO MY EXACT LIKING. SOME PEOPLE RAP, & SAY "FUCK IT" & RELEASE THE SHIT... SOME DONT.

AT THE SAME TIME, IM GLAD ALOT OF SD RAPPERS ARENT LIKE THAT. THATS WHY IM USUALLY ALRIGHT WITH AN "EVERY 2 YEARS" ALBUM.

IF I WANNA HEAR 1/2 ASSED SONGS, ID BUY SILKK THA SHOKKER
lmfao@silk the shokker, i still cant beleive he got signed, wehther he was family to nolimit or not lol

but yeah i agree but id still rather hear some raw dago music then the rest of the bullshit bein put out right now

Nov 26, 2007
www.myspace.com
I AGREE..... I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT "I NEED ALL THE BIGGER FEATURES I CAN GET SOME PEOPLE WILL WANNA HEAR MY ISH" BUT THEN I GOT TO THINKING....... EVERY CLASSIC ALBUM U CAN THINK OF...... 99% OF THE SONGS ON THOSE ALBUMS ALL HAD THE 1 NO NAME RAPPER.

MITCHY'S 1ST ALBUM. JAYO'S 1ST ALBUM.
EAZY'S 1ST ALBUM.

I CAN GO ON & ON & ON...... & NOOOOO IM NOT COMPARING MYSELF TO THEM.....

IM JUST SAYING, I DONT WANNA OVER SATURATE MY ALBUM WITH FEATURES.

SO I STARTED SLANGIN VERSES.
i jus got into the same mindstate now, i was thnkin the same but no matter how good of a feature i get on a song that wont make my craft better, unless i keep puttin out the solo shit noone can help an artists case but himself

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I think an unsigned hype contest or something like they did with the producers a while back on this site would probably a more inexpensive way to expose people to new artists.

Jun 22, 2007
IM GON BE ON THE DAYGO SCENE HEAVY SO I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PART IN THIS PROJECT.IM PUSHING MY PROJECT IN THE STREETS HEAVY AS WELL.SO I WILL BE AROUND.GET AT ME WIT THE DETAILS.SHIT LIKE THIS IS GOOD FOR THE CITY.

Apr 20, 2005
just start making them. Who ever dont wanna get involved, dont involve them in the project. Just keep making them shits. If it aint hot on volume 1, dont stop! Keep it movin and make a volume 2. If that dont work, just keep it movin. Volume 3 may be the one. And so on. Just make a name for the mixtape. The south started with Southern Smoke and Gangsta Grillz, look where they are now. Why not just start with some brand new shit from sd and keep makin mixtape after mixtape, just to keep the hip hop out here alive. Gotta start somewhere. its better than nothing. Cant keep waiting for these legends and OG's to come out. Thats what home studios are made for, use them! If local politicians dont want to get involved and dont want to approve this little movement. Let them watch.

Jun 22, 2007
i can dig it.im currently pushing my last of a dying breed project.and i do shows in daygo every month so ppl just gotta come out and support the movement is somewhat active but we need it to jumpoff!!

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
just start making them. Who ever dont wanna get involved, dont involve them in the project. Just keep making them shits. If it aint hot on volume 1, dont stop! Keep it movin and make a volume 2. If that dont work, just keep it movin. Volume 3 may be the one. And so on. Just make a name for the mixtape. The south started with Southern Smoke and Gangsta Grillz, look where they are now. Why not just start with some brand new shit from sd and keep makin mixtape after mixtape, just to keep the hip hop out here alive. Gotta start somewhere. its better than nothing. Cant keep waiting for these legends and OG's to come out. Thats what home studios are made for, use them! If local politicians dont want to get involved and dont want to approve this little movement. Let them watch.
I CAN RESPECT THAT!!!