WHat would y'all like to see on a DVD documentary....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2004
As a fairly new cat in this game I'm planning to shoot a DVD...basically a documentryof the Northwest and the scene round' here, feel me.....An I was wondering from a consumer standpoint what would y'all like and not like to see on a documentary about this uncharted territory mayn......let me know............100

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Well the Pacific Northwest is not just over the border and what not, it's over here in Vancouver, BC too, so if i seen a documentary on the Northwest and its nightlife or whatever, its hiphop culture, I would like to see it cover the whole map, not just a few cities.

Feb 2, 2004
I can dig that........I plan to start shooting this summer as early as the first week in May.......so if you anything jumpin across the border let me know or post it on the board......

Apr 25, 2002
Have you ever seen the I-5 North DVD on the Seattle rap scene? I'd say that DVD is alright in some ways, it kind of jumps around a little.

I'd want to see a strong emphasis on the physical spaces i.e. the neighborhoods, streets, businesses whatever. My favorite part of the I-5 North DVD was this freestyle this guy NutCase did right in front of a mini-mart in the Central District, the freestyle was dope.

Feb 2, 2004
xpanther206 said:
Have you ever seen the I-5 North DVD on the Seattle rap scene? I'd say that DVD is alright in some ways, it kind of jumps around a little.

I'd want to see a strong emphasis on the physical spaces i.e. the neighborhoods, streets, businesses whatever. My favorite part of the I-5 North DVD was this freestyle this guy NutCase did right in front of a mini-mart in the Central District, the freestyle was dope.
okay, okay..........so shit like going around the C.D and Southend and just choppin it up with the local kids, about life in the NW...........or local acts thats not as known as the other headliners in the town............I dig that......

Feb 2, 2004
D'struction said:
you need to show that these NW mufuckas can rock a crowd!!!
and some bitches
I feel it, I feel it..........them all around mix breed bitches that the town got that ai'nt nowhere else but the West Coast......what about humility,...........keep em comin y'all, I really appreciate this, mayn..........

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Turf_Tycoon said:
okay, okay..........so shit like going around the C.D and Southend and just choppin it up with the local kids, about life in the NW...........or local acts thats not as known as the other headliners in the town............I dig that......

Yeah that would be cool, but you want to show people who are making REAL power moves too, interviews with artists who have had success in the NW too, not just the local scene but what people are capable of around here. Make sure to cut out any wack rappers too, there's a lot of dumb cats out there who think they can rap, so if you run into any of them, just keep going. lol

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Also a good idea would be to look at other hiphop/urban documentarys, and see what film makers are doing, really disect their film and see what is working in it and what's not, and then take those ideas to the drawing board and do something completely out there.

MJT

Feb 1, 2005
go to the different neighborhoods man. Let em know it's dirty out here, niggas don't be knowin'. That shit sparks interest too. Gangs and what not. Peace.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
neighborhoods are a good idea...show what the NW is really like...i'd like to see all types of artists, i don't mean rap, jazz, and rock, i mean artists that are well known and not so well known....if you're gonna do it, you might as well include both sides of it...maybe even some shows---unexpected arrival's release is on april 30th, and that should be more than crackin....

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
Turf_Tycoon said:
As a fairly new cat in this game I'm planning to shoot a DVD...basically a documentryof the Northwest and the scene round' here, feel me.....An I was wondering from a consumer standpoint what would y'all like and not like to see on a documentary about this uncharted territory mayn......let me know............100
I'd like to see more than just Seattle artists on these DVD's.. it's all good to see some 206 rappers, but where's Tacoma at? Olympia? Everett? there's tons of other towns with talent. What I wouldn't wanna see is some rapper/artist whoever telling their life story.. you're not 50 Cent. It's just like when rappers put a DVD with their album and all they do is talk about themselves.. nobody wanna hear that shit, especially when you're nobody.

it's always good to have bitches or muhfuckas fightin.. freestyles.. shit that's entertaining.. interviews? nah.. only if it's someone famous or someone famous involved in beef or some shit.

Dec 1, 2003
With all these ideas this should no doubt be one of the most informative DVD releases from the North West...Can't wait to see how it comes out...Definitely wanna see some shit on the fallen acts...Like "K-$wi$$" from Tac-Town...Maybe a where's so and so at now...Like what happened to Don-P, Bigg Serge, and O.G. Dogg outt the town...I would like to see some labels get togeter and throw they own fuccin' summer jamm...Get someone with a big azz field and set up a stage and rocc dat shit...Like some 253-206 shit...Wish I was gonna be there for the Arrival Release!!!

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
You could also get a bunch of people together from each city, to record their own city and do it that way, and then put it all together city by city. It would probably take more time and dedication to make sure you are working with the right people but it would capture the cities much better if it's done by people who are really there everyday, rather than travelling and trying to find the "scoop."