WHAT WEST COAST ARTIS WOULD SELL OUT A SHOW IN THE NW AT LIKE A SHOWBOX OR ROSELAND?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 1, 2003
Shit one of those lil presses from Disc Makers is like $400-$500 and that'll work fine...I know this place in Tumwater Wa. that may have a used press too. I think it's called C.C.I. They did the system for Safeco Field with Pacific Stage Sound and Light...

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
I know E-DAWG just did 1200 folks @ the bohemion 2 weeks ago.......... lol fuck respect i take that shit......... every nigga i hear on this bitch keep talkin about they homie, lets be real who is really selling records out this bitch? i dont here know one talkin about No GOOD, or the other cats out the town thats head first in this shit. you scared to be real nigga's? you niggas have cool nutz on all your post but how many you cats got cool nutz shit? i bet only 5%!!! be real folks, i sell records on the real and not just seattle, one of my big market's is the east coast, check the sound scan. the reason muthafucka's dont blow out of seattle is there to bizzzzy suckin they homies dick when they know his shit aint hot! i wish you fake ass can't touch a hood hide behind computer azz niggas stick to being fan's and stay away from what you think you know about the rap game out your mouth. i try my best to support any and every cat out the town that got heat, even if its not my type of spit i still check and give it props for the market it fits in, so what if the shit might be a lil cross over, you dont have to kill, smoke weed, or or fuck a bitch, to be a tight rapper.. some times its about making a muthafucka party ya dig? get the fuck out the game cause your part of the reason its falling!!!! they should of never showed cats how to go about pressing there own shit! now every nigga that smoke a blunt got a rap cd. and if you get mad over this then your who i'm talkin to!! FUCK E-DAWG

Apr 25, 2002
I think some of these new cats could sell out a show more then some of the more popular rappers in the area if they were promoted right. There definitely is some hot new talent out here in the northwest, but the few new talented rappers never get the right exposure because there are way to many shitty rappers in the region.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Ok then, lets make a directory of shitty rappers, and they will all be blacklisted from the game forever. Agreed? I mean, there's people that act like "the town" is the only place in the entire NorthWest putting out CDs. Are those same people from "the town" hittin up Walla Walla? Pocatello? Medford? Boise? Pullman? They usually NOT! Its pockets and regions and markets all over the place. And just because somebody buy somebody else CD and not yours, it doesn't mean its the last $10 they'll ever ever ever have in their life. Dont blame the next man just because you aint pushing the numbers you think you should be pushing, BLAME YASELF

The one thing i'm sick of is this....this "you aint in the game" shit. "You haven't done ___, ___, and ____". Well, what about the 30 and 35-year old rappers in Houston that someone like a Lil Flip flew right past? What about the 30 and 35-year old king dick, "i been in this shit since you was in diapers" rappers in Mississippi that David Banner flew past? What about the 30 and 35-year old "in the game, doin big thangz" rappers that Tech N9ne blew right past? Thats all i'm sayin

Either you gone catch on or you not gonna catch on, and a fat wallet or years of experience or the names on the front of your CD cover or the city you from aint gonna change that. Point blank period.

Nov 7, 2003
www.myspace.com
selling out a show is about push and having a good show/album/single, so the people would want to come see you again. or the show was so hot that word on the street got put up own it and now other cats want to see you rock. it aint about new and old, its about being a good artist with a hot team. dont stress the age cause dr, dre is one of the oldest niggas in the game and still hot. the game is a fine ass bitch that everybody want's to fuck, and she just don't like one nigga, so if you chill, don't hate the nigga she fuckin now, have some class about your shit!! she might fuck you next..............understand she will act like your the only one but then 6 month's to a year jz's back up in her shit....so the point iz doit cuzz you love it not only for the money, cuz if your craft dont stay up, trust she won't fuck ya washed up ass again. i watch the homie mix fuck own the bitch in 1990, and in 1993 the bitch gave me head and cut out, and now im trying like fuck to get a better song then the last one so i can fuck.........

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I can dig it, i been wanting to see better stage shows for a minute........All this, 50 people on stage and everybody screaming stuff aint cutting it....shows with 15 different acts for 10 minutes each aint cutting it.....shows with corded microphones (and a fucked up sound system) aint cutting it...........I havent seen a stage show yet worth writing home about. thats either my bad luck, or people not trying hard enough

May 9, 2002
I agree with what tadau just said. I've attended most concerts in the past year and now I rather not even go. I found my self just getting drunk to entertain myself.

Before my studio got burglarized I was in the works of planning a concert. I wanted it to stand out and make the crowd remember it. It probably would of out shined the main acts. I was going to have a coriographed pyrotechnic show, with flames, smoke, semi-nude fire dancers. Some skits that you would maybe relate to being more of a play, but it would involve something to do with my song.

When I was kickin it with Cool Nutz I even offered him that I would invest in some pyrotechnics for his show, he was like no. I don't understand that. Maybe he thought it would be cheesy or to comercial. But If done right it cold be tight. Like maybe have some hollywood effects like a gun with blanks and a person with one of those blood capsule vest on and dude get shot on stage. Shit like that.

I know rap artist have creativity but it seems they don't want to put it into their shows as much as their music. Just going on stage and rappin is not going to bring the same people back to see the artist agian and again.I feal the only type of people that is going to entertain is some teenagers that are new to rap or never been to a show. I think people need to start rehearsing and planning new things to do while on stage.

I also think the NW needs some music videos. I've studied the industry for over a decade and it seems most of the time before some one blows up they have a music video that catches on. Adding visual to audio really gets the listeners/viewers attention. Not only visual on media but at shows too.

Anyway I'm pretty much done with rap, so I don't know why I'm even posting this. Peace

Feb 17, 2004
BIGGTRUB said:
Shit one of those lil presses from Disc Makers is like $400-$500 and that'll work fine...I know this place in Tumwater Wa. that may have a used press too. I think it's called C.C.I. They did the system for Safeco Field with Pacific Stage Sound and Light...
yo bigg trub see if you can get that info on the cd press $500 is in my range ,the offset printer i found a cool one for about 3k automated im gonna pick that up in september,the website we are going to need one with unlimited bandwidth i found this site see if the prices are cool www.hostonce.com or at least reasonable,we have to glue the nw together i think it can work im willin to give it a shot fuck it!!! if it fails fuck it i will accept it ,if it blows up real big i will accept it humble .......
what solutions do you cats think would help regardless if you believe it wont work or not all information is good information i want to cover all angles.......
what would be a good starting point!!!!!!!

Feb 17, 2004
BLAZE said:
I agree with what tadau just said. I've attended most concerts in the past year and now I rather not even go. I found my self just getting drunk to entertain myself.

Before my studio got burglarized I was in the works of planning a concert. I wanted it to stand out and make the crowd remember it. It probably would of out shined the main acts. I was going to have a coriographed pyrotechnic show, with flames, smoke, semi-nude fire dancers. Some skits that you would maybe relate to being more of a play, but it would involve something to do with my song.

When I was kickin it with Cool Nutz I even offered him that I would invest in some pyrotechnics for his show, he was like no. I don't understand that. Maybe he thought it would be cheesy or to comercial. But If done right it cold be tight. Like maybe have some hollywood effects like a gun with blanks and a person with one of those blood capsule vest on and dude get shot on stage. Shit like that.

I know rap artist have creativity but it seems they don't want to put it into their shows as much as their music. Just going on stage and rappin is not going to bring the same people back to see the artist agian and again.I feal the only type of people that is going to entertain is some teenagers that are new to rap or never been to a show. I think people need to start rehearsing and planning new things to do while on stage.

I also think the NW needs some music videos. I've studied the industry for over a decade and it seems most of the time before some one blows up they have a music video that catches on. Adding visual to audio really gets the listeners/viewers attention. Not only visual on media but at shows too.

Anyway I'm pretty much done with rap, so I don't know why I'm even posting this. Peace
your not done blaze just at the crossroads man i believe you still love this shit !but you feel like you were taking advantage of shit happens the bizz is crazy man but you have great ideas and big expectations and they should be implimented like you said the video market needs to be xploited out here we have a show called the phat show with me and kodiac we show underground videos and commentary even dancin broads ,the show is popular but or graphics and editing needs to be better if anybody out there can do the editing and adding the eye candy to our show contact me
dont give up yet homie keep it movin...
the phatshow times
channel - 23 friday's midnight
channel 22 saturday's midnight
channel 11 monday's midnight
cable access comcast portland metro

Feb 17, 2004
ESRMUSIC said:
I know E-DAWG just did 1200 folks @ the bohemion 2 weeks ago.......... lol fuck respect i take that shit......... every nigga i hear on this bitch keep talkin about they homie, lets be real who is really selling records out this bitch? i dont here know one talkin about No GOOD, or the other cats out the town thats head first in this shit. you scared to be real nigga's? you niggas have cool nutz on all your post but how many you cats got cool nutz shit? i bet only 5%!!! be real folks, i sell records on the real and not just seattle, one of my big market's is the east coast, check the sound scan. the reason muthafucka's dont blow out of seattle is there to bizzzzy suckin they homies dick when they know his shit aint hot! i wish you fake ass can't touch a hood hide behind computer azz niggas stick to being fan's and stay away from what you think you know about the rap game out your mouth. i try my best to support any and every cat out the town that got heat, even if its not my type of spit i still check and give it props for the market it fits in, so what if the shit might be a lil cross over, you dont have to kill, smoke weed, or or fuck a bitch, to be a tight rapper.. some times its about making a muthafucka party ya dig? get the fuck out the game cause your part of the reason its falling!!!! they should of never showed cats how to go about pressing there own shit! now every nigga that smoke a blunt got a rap cd. and if you get mad over this then your who i'm talkin to!! FUCK E-DAWG
no good is tight they have been down to portland a few times and ripped the mic and they do pratice they had a routine and were very proffessional,thier cd cover should have had better graphics or maybe that was the look they were going for but,it had some slapps on there club dance shit.................(.lol)> now every nigga that smoke a blunt got a rap cd lmao............

Feb 17, 2004
tadou said:
I believe I am capable of a few things. One would be writing CD reviews and things of that nature for a magazine. I have taken several English-like classes and am not shy about putting the pen to paper.

I also am trying to set up a web-site right now, but most of the work i would like to do is draining. Not the design and layout, but I would like to have a stockpile of song lyrics and BIOs for every artist, so that is taking a while. I think it is more important to know about all the artists out there, and be able to look up their album info....than to sit there and go "look at the pretty colors!"

As far as most of the investment-styled things--shirt press, cd printer, et al--I am not prepared for any of those at this time.

For 9, there is the "NW Rap Review" magazine, but i never got a chance to check it out, and it doesn't seem to be on a regular schedule. Used cd press runs anywhere from 300k to a million.

And there are graphic/web designers all over the place, high quality material, but nobody likes to work for free, so they would need to be assured that their work is not going to go down the drain.
the bio and stock pile of songs from the nw is a great idea thats why we need that site up ! yo you would make a good cd reviewer because you are honest and speak your mind or your a fanatic!) naw i think you could do that and give general comments but you would propably crush some part time rappers dream by telling the truth.......................

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
@ E-Dawg

I couldn't agree with you more no those points that you are making.

@ Blaze

Why would I want to put pyrotechnics on stage when White Snake just had a whole club burn down? I don't have insurance to cover that shit. That is called being realistic. That shit isn't going to work at any of the clubs in this region. They aren't going to let a local hip-hop artist set that shit off at a club.

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
seagramrecords said:
the bio and stock pile of songs from the nw is a great idea thats why we need that site up ! yo you would make a good cd reviewer because you are honest and speak your mind or your a fanatic!) naw i think you could do that and give general comments but you would propably crush some part time rappers dream by telling the truth....
I appreciate the confidence.

A good stage show on the artists' end, and making it easier to memorize songs on the fans' end, is about all i can think of for the moment. A large, flashy, Amazon-style site with 1000 CDs is unwarranted at this point. To that end, typing up lyrics and recording bootleg videos (mostly to analyze, and sell for cheap.....not for 19.95 and other rediculous prices) is my favored course of action.

Now, i just need to find people to send to shows with video cameras, because me myself, i am too busy being filthy rich and getting everything i want--cars, jewelry, arabic lessons, etc. But i am sure i will run into a few people sooner or later that are down.

Feb 17, 2004
Cool Nutz said:
@ E-Dawg

I couldn't agree with you more no those points that you are making.

@ Blaze

Why would I want to put pyrotechnics on stage when White Snake just had a whole club burn down? I don't have insurance to cover that shit. That is called being realistic. That shit isn't going to work at any of the clubs in this region. They aren't going to let a local hip-hop artist set that shit off at a club.
lmao> white snake that shit was crazy!

Apr 20, 2003
its been done before

Check the history yall......

Unexpected Arrival
Showbox

Feb 20th 2003

1,300+ in attendance.....

it HAS been done, and CAN be done....

Throw this show:

UA
Cool nutz
Street Level

Thats sold out 9 times out of ten

holla

1 love

Feb 17, 2004
thanks everyone who posted on this thread!!!!!!!!!

i have started in motions some of the ideas and solutions that were posted thanks everyone for the time criticism and positivity one love octavius ..ceo seagram records........................

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
The lyrics typing-up will begin tomorrow. I will also finalize the template i need to start making bio pages. Trust, it will go down. Soon, when someone names a rapper you have never heard of, you can look up this person's resume and contact info.