What was the very first Hyphy song ever created?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
The Hypy movement is something that most want to forget it ever happened. Just a reminder of what it was. A bunch of grown men in their early 30's with kids. Acting worse than they're youngest kid & wearing loud colors like some clown on camera. Making a mockery of down syndrome kids / people like it was a cool thing & thinking they were being funny SMH

With all due respect, it only worked for Mac Dre (R.I.P.). Everybody else was trying too hard to be Mac Dre & were way out of place.

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
The Hypy movement is something that most want to forget it ever happened. Just a reminder of what it was. A bunch of grown men in their early 30's with kids. Acting worse than they're youngest kid & wearing loud colors like some clown on camera. Making a mockery of down syndrome kids / people like it was a cool thing & thinking they were being funny SMH
To be fair, the 30-year olds had no business jumping on the bandwagon and if they hadn't done it, it could have fared better. It was never going to be more than a fad though - the style was simply not musically rich enough to be sustained without creative exhaustion for more than a few years. The same thing happened with snap music a year or two later, and for the same reason

May 16, 2002
To be fair, the 30-year olds had no business jumping on the bandwagon and if they hadn't done it, it could have fared better. It was never going to be more than a fad though - the style was simply not musically rich enough to be sustained without creative exhaustion for more than a few years. The same thing happened with snap music a year or two later, and for the same reason

And with that said I respect rap artist who stayed in their lane during that time. They didn't change in a sorry ass attempt to fit into the new hype.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
What makes a song hyphy anyway? Just using the same 4 dumb sayings that are in every hyphy song?
Thizzing in my stunner shades goin stupid ghost riding my scraper. That sentence was hyphy as heck.

Filthy_Rich

My fit cost a rack
Oct 22, 2003
www.officialxraided.com

With all due respect, it only worked for Mac Dre (R.I.P.). Everybody else was trying too hard to be Mac Dre & were way out of place.
Damn dude, this sounds like something an elderly person would say.

Kids had to be on board for Hyphy to grow. The 30+ year old rappers you speak of wouldn't have made the music if there wasn't a market. Also, I remember white tees and blue jeans more than loud colors as the standard dress code. Even still, loud colors have been a hip hop staple since the 80s. I can feel you on the down syndrome comment but then I guess you'd take offense to rap songs about pimping, selling drugs, killing, etc.

May 16, 2002
Damn dude, this sounds like something an elderly person would say.

Kids had to be on board for Hyphy to grow. The 30+ year old rappers you speak of wouldn't have made the music if there wasn't a market. Also, I remember white tees and blue jeans more than loud colors as the standard dress code. Even still, loud colors have been a hip hop staple since the 80s. I can feel you on the down syndrome comment but then I guess you'd take offense to rap songs about pimping, selling drugs, killing, etc.

Elderly? I prefer the term "OG" LMAO!!!!!!!!!

I take no offense to rap music period. And the misunderstanding you have about my post is, that everybody was trying to be the next Mac Dre (R.I.P.) That's was the most annoying thing of the hyphy movement.

What market do you speak of? That market didn't get past the Bay Area and a few spots outside of it calling themselves The Bay, but were not even close to being the Bay Area. The Salinas / Salad Bowl area calling themselves Bay, but are surrounded by fields & cow manure LMAO!

It doesn't take an elderly person to know that the spot light was put on the Bay that time by MTV and the world, but quickly disintegrated. Bay area artist started to sound bitter on interviews. Bringing up how the slang had been stolen & how the Bay had influenced the rap game & never given credit.

Instead of bringing out the best in Bay area artist once they were in the limelight it brought out 20,000 Mac Dre wannabes. Everybody was one huge gimmick that had only worked for the one man who was already deceased.

So was there a market for artist to make fools of themselves at the BARS Awards when scouts came from majors everywhere to check out artist in the Bay at the height of the hyphy movement? I dare say, it was the nail in the coffin.