What To Do When...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
A client wants a logo (or any project) that is very similar to another you've done?

Example:

I posted the cover for the Rehab Labb recently. With the mic plug coming out, with the tip looking like a joint with smoke coming off of it...

New client hits me up on MySpace with this:

"i wanted sum like some dj head phones and tha cord comes down into a cigarette wit smoke, and in between tha head phones it says "IN YA BOX BITCH!!" like a little crooked... think you could do somethin?"

Clearly he has seen the first logo I did, but I think that's kind of like the "trademark" of the Rehab Labb logo. What would you guys do?

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Make it. I mean like what's the problem? Are you saying like you don't want to make it the same? Mmake the headphones a diff style, make the cord loop diff, etc

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^DON'T PLAY YOURSELF. REMEMBER WHO YOU ASKIN'. AS A MAN OF INTEgRITY, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE. BUT IF YOU CAN MAKE IT LOOK DIFFERENT, WITH A WHOLE DIFFERENT APPEAL, THEN DO WHAT YOU DO. DON'T BE ANOTHA SEQUEL WITH SEQUELISTIC WORK THOUgH. THIS IS A CASE OF MONEY VS YOUR ART. AND IN TODAYS WATERED DOWN MONEY HUNgRY SOCIETY, MOST HEADS gONNA ADVICE TO gET YOUR SCRILL.