What the news on the upcoming Jacka Album on Universal / AKBR Records

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
There's a total of 17 tracks with at least 6 of those tracks old ones from his first album.

That's bammer as fuck I think.

May 29, 2002
im pretty sure universal wanted to "rerelease" his first album on their shit with some new songs. it aint like he comin out with his second album with recycles. they just wanted to get some of his better songs with some new ones with some good promotion, at least thats my understanding.

May 4, 2002
Bullshit. Do a new album, or re-release the old one, or both. Not a combination of those. No 6 tracks of this with 12 tracks of that. I hate that.

Jun 3, 2002
Thatz bootsy for all the mafuc'az that PAID for hiz first album. I hope he realizes thatz gon' make mafuc'az wanna dl hiz new shit. I already own the first album which iz classic.............I don't wanna buy the new album wit a quarter of the tracz from the album I already got.....lol

Jan 22, 2003
Universal is KNOWN for doing that, placing what they feel are the best songs from the independent album on the major album and adding some new songs to those.
The artists has NO say, I repeat NO say in the matter, so the blame can't fall on the Jacka.
The only way you get CONTROL in a major label contract is if you were selling HUGE numbers before you signed the deal, that way you have more leverage when you are working the deal, if Jacka would of sold 100,000-300,000 copies of his first album instead of 6,000 copies of his first album then he would have more CONTROL, but the way it is now he has NO say at all over the "Direction" of his albums on Universal.

Apr 25, 2002
people that have his first album might be pissed but some of those knocks are classic and they want the bigger audience that is gonna get touched by the universal release to get to hear those tracks too...

May 29, 2002
people need to stop hatin and just be glad the bay is headed in the right direction. done deal is about to do the same thing. this is for the MIllions that have not heard thier albums, not for the thousands that have. you have to realize the underground fans might seem big but they aint sellin anywhere near gold even, think about this. a good amount to sell for an independent record is 15,000. in the main stream, a good amount is at least 500,000+. there are still a gang of mother fuckers that havent heard it.

I hate to say it but universal dont give a shit about what the bay thinks right now. he has devolped his fan base on his own here and they want to get it out EVERYWHERE else. thats the only way he will blow up. same with done deal.

quit hatin and support artists doin big things. buy the shit regardless.