WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS BOARD AND BAY LUV????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2003
ok the first couple times i heard those "the bay is back" jokes they were funny cuz people were putting up ridiculous posts. people think it's big cuz yuk had a small article in the source or was at the source awards or whatever. that shit is nothing!! i agree. this shit is gettin old though. some shit could be big for the bay. somebody was saying something sarcastic bout how the bay is back cuz rick rock did "breath stretch shake" by mase. what some of u don't realize is that shit like that is great for the bay. rick rock and a few others have kinda molded the bay area sound into what it is right now and when that sounds starts hitting the airwaves nationwide people can really start to feel that bay area sound. people will get more used to it and some of these talented artists out here could be on the same level as mase. (not too sure if that'll happen anytime soon though).

2nd: i've noticed that alot of people are starting to hate on e-40. i have no idea why! who cares where he lives or where he buys property!???? why does that shit matter? when 40 puts out this next album maybe some of u can kinda eat ur words now that 40 is with the right label. i really think he can make it happen for the bay or at least for himself. 40 is tight and has always come tight. some people are really stuck in the past and can't feel new shit or something.

i know i'm not the only one feelin this way. i like this board. it has many positives but these posts lately are gettin real stupid. example: b.a. husalah snitchin, tbib, 40 is moving to atlanta so now he's gonna pull a too short.

there's sooooo much stupid shit on this board. u guys feelin the same way?

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
how is a producer making a beat for a rapper not from here blow up good for the bay??? rick rock did half of the roc-la-familia jay z album and yet not one record in the bay went up in sales cause of it. federation album is at around 13,000 sales on a major. how is that good for the bay?? what we consider "good for the bay" is mere noodles to the rest of the rap world. if being the at the bottom of the food chain is good for the bay then hey "THE BAY IS BACK"

im not clowning im just saying, noone is doing 30,000 no more from here. not quinn not messy or killa tay. not any of the artist who have done that number. there are at least 1,000 reasons why but im sure you all know most of them. bottom line is this. when an artist drops everyone has to support it. if you are a rapper its hard to set your ego aside and support another rapper. lets just be real. we have more rapper, producer, promoter, dj, managers in the bay than we have fans. THATS IS THE REALEST THING I PROBABLY EVER TYPED ON THIS SITE.

the bay is making moves but we are far from back. if we were in a colma and on life support, we might be awake now but we still on the life support. i pray quinn and a wax and messy and ritchie rich or anyone for that matter can pick up the torch and run with it. breathe some life back in the bay.

my 2 penny's.

breathe

Apr 25, 2002
somebody from the bay needs to make a "fuck the bay" album...the controversy would be tremendous..and we know that shit sells...that way outta state cats would buy it just based on pure haterizm..not knowin the artist is actually a bay area resident..than with the plat sales we can all scream out the bay is back bitches!!!

but honestly....we gotta think outside the box in order to make change..otherwise we gonna stay movin at the speed of snale and everybody will just have to except that..i have

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I NEVER 2 MUCH GOT INTO THE BAY IS BACC THING...1 THING I KNOW IS WHEN YOU PORTRAY YOURSELF 2 BE ON THE BOTTOM OUTSIDE SOURCES WILL KEEP YOU DOWN AS LONG AS POSSIBLE..I'M SURE OUTSIDERS WHO COULD PULL SOME STRINGS PROBABLY GET ON THE BOARD & SEE WHAT'S GOIN ON & LAUGH AT THE LACC OF UNITY...I AGREE WITH DUTCH ON A LOT OF POINTS THERE IS A LOT OF INSIDE HATE GOIN ON..EVERYBODY WANTS 2 BE THE 1 2 HOLD THE THRONE & BRING IT BACC BUT NOWDAYS IT'S HARD 2 STAND ON YOUR OWN WITHOUT A GREAT SUPPORTING CAST..FROM MUSIC 2 SPORTS 2 WHATEVER..THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE HOPING THE NEXT MAN FAILS THAN SUCCEEDS..I MAY GET CAUGHT ON PERSONAL ISSUES BUT I AM NOT A HATER WHEN IT COMES 2 SEEING SOMEONE SUCCEED ESPECIALLY IF THEY CAN HELP US ALL...LACC OF UNITY & FINANCIAL TREACHERY HAS DESTROYED EVERY DYNASTY ON THE WEST COAST..BOTTOM LINE.& THE PEOPLE IN POSITION SEE THIS & FIGURE WHY HELP?I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA 2 SIT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY SELL UNITS DOWN TOGETHER,REALLY ORCHESTRATE A UNION & GO FROM THERE...ONE THING I RECOGNIZE ABOUT THE SICCNESS IS THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACC & HATIN GOIN ON...ME MYSELF,I GOT A LOT OUT OF MY SYSTEM BEFORE THE YEAR ENDED & MADE A RESOLUTION 2 START FRESH 4 2005 & LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND..IF ISSUES RESURFACE I WILL DEAL WITH IT BUT I BASICALLY WANT 2 TRY MY BEST 2 MOVE FORWARD & NETWORK CUZ THIS ARGUING SHIT ISN'T GETTIN ANYBODY ANYWHERE..WE HAVE ARTISTS WHO CAN SELL UNITS BUT DON'T HAVE THE PROPER BUSINESS PEOPLE SURROUNDING THEM..WE HAVE ARTISTS WHO DON'T SELL UNITS BUT CAN BE A PART OF THE MOVEMENT IF THEY WOULD ASSUME THEIR CORRECT POSITION..WE HAVE BUSINESSMEN WHO WANT 2 BE ARTISTS WHO HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE BUT DON'T UNDERSTAND THE "GAME"...BASICALLY IF THERE ARE REALLY PEOPLE TRYING 2 SEE A POSITIVE MOVEMENT WE NEED 2 COME TOGETHER & PUT PEOPLE IN THE CORRECT POSITIONS & MOVE ACCORDINGLY..SOME OF US CAN STILL SELL GOOD #'S BUT IF EVERYBODY IS SATURATING THE MARKET & CONTENT WITH 5,000 UNITS OR 10,000 DOLLARS HERE & THERE IT WILL NEVER WORK..SOMEONE SHOULD STEP UP 2 THE PLATE...B-12 HAD A LOT OF POWER & PROBABLY DID BETTER A LOT OF SITUATIONS BUT IF EVERYTHING WAS SO GREAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T STILL BE TRYING 2 BRING THE BAY BACC...I BELIEVE IN KARMA & GOD & I KNOW WHEN PEOPLE ARE NOT HONEST OR SHOW FAVORITISM SUCCESS DOESN'T LAST..I'VE BEEN THRU A LOT IN THE GAME BUT I'M STILL HERE & STILL WILLING 2 MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN...IF WE ALL THINK POSITIVE & SUPPORT EACH OTHER WE COULD GET THE WEST BACC WHERE IT NEEDS 2 BE...AMEN

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
just keep making music and more heads will turn... Dont let it bring you down. Make your fetti, make your music, strive to stay one step ahead of the simps.

i'm hoping that by 2040, everyone in the bay raps, from grannies to their pet budgies... then the bay will be in true effect.

maybe you're looking for an idol, or were looking for a martyr in Mac Dre. its a shame really.

Has any specific region actually got a household name in rap apart from New York?

real chop. Would say dirty south, but it's not as SPECIFIC and bay area.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
YEH,BUT WHO'S REALLY DOIN IT?THE WORLD IS SO FUNNY THAT MOST PEOPLE FOCUS ON INDEPENDENCE & THAT MEANS SELF WHICH MEANS SELFISH & NO 1 PERSON CAN BRING THE BAY BACC OR THE WEST BACC...NO 1 PERSON CAN SELL A MILLION RECORDS BY THEMSELVES..I KNOW BACC WHEN AWOL WAS ON TOP THE BUSINESS WASN'T RIGHT BUT WE HAD SOLID STREET TEAMS,MAJOR NETWORKING GOING ON & WE WERE ALLIES WITH CERTAIN LABELS & INDUSTRY OUTLETS...THE COMPETITION FACTOR IS ALWAYS PRESENT IN CALI BUT IF SOME OF THESE INDY LABELS LET GO OF THE "INDEPENDENT DREAM" 4 A WHILE & MAYBE MERGED WITH ANOTHER LABEL THAT WAS SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL MAYBE MORE PROGRESS COULD BE MADE.THE PUBLIC WILL NEVER BE ABLE 2 FOCUS ON 250 DIFFERENT LABELS...NAMES WILL BE THROWN AROUND BUT I THINK THE KEY 2 SUCCESS IS A POWERHOUSE LABEL WHERE THE ARTISTS ARE HAPPY & THE BUSINESS IS NOT A SECRET & EVERYONE IS LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN,SELLING RECORDS,GAINING NOTORIETY,ETC.I MEAN THE INDEPENT GAME HAS BEEN GOOD & PROSPEROUS 2 SOME BUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC LIKES 2 SEE A STRONG TEAM...EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THE G-UNIT'S & LIL JON'S YOU HAVE 2 RESPECT THEIR FORMULA IF IT'S WORKING.

kos

Sicc OG
Sep 16, 2002
REAL TALK FROM TAY AND DUTCH , I AGREE WITH ALOT OF WHAT WAS SAID AND IM ALWAYS DOWN TO NETWORK AND DO MY PART......

Jul 12, 2004
Mayne u got to start sumwhere...n da lil things count...they may not seem big but they sumthin...it dat lil hole dat turns into sumthin big...juss watch..

Jan 20, 2003
Murdaz23 said:
Mayne u got to start sumwhere...n da lil things count...they may not seem big but they sumthin...it dat lil hole dat turns into sumthin big...juss watch..

yep

good points by dutch and tay! dutch all i'm trying to say is that little shit like that is good for the bay. the more shit rick rock touches the better. cuz he is the bay sound right now. the feds didn't do good not cuz their music wasn't good but because of the promotion and lack of nationwide radio play for whatever reason. alot of people say rick rock's shit sounds all the same, if that's the case then why was mase all over the radio and FED NOT?????? it's more about the business side not the music side like tay said. u guys took some shit outta content cuz i said these posts are ridiculous but there's sooooo much negativity on here.

jay reekay: no one is being sensitive. i posted this shit to ask some questions and make a couple points. talk all the shit u want behind that comp. screen if it makes u feel bigger. u can't see me though.......... i'm not gonna get in no fuckin arguments, i've been here for a while and know hella people on this board, i'm real but who the fuck r u???

baygiants: funny funny, same shit i said to jay.....

Aug 20, 2004
TheBayIsTheSco said:
yep

jay reekay: no one is being sensitive. i posted this shit to ask some questions and make a couple points. talk all the shit u want behind that comp. screen if it makes u feel bigger. u can't see me though.......... i'm not gonna get in no fuckin arguments, i've been here for a while and know hella people on this board, i'm real but who the fuck r u???

You dont wanna start no arguements yet you say some shit like this?Wrong choice of words then buddy...im the same here as i am in 3D...now what?Cut the crap....i could care less who you are or who fuck with or who you network with..do you wanna biscuit or cookie?

All im sayin is...you act like muthafuckas is holdin you to postin on here...you dont like it then leave...you wanna whine about it then leave...fuck the bullshit...

Jan 20, 2003
i don't give a fuck either. people know who i am so i aint hiding behind no fuckin screen like a lot of people on here. u r! i aint never gonna see u so why would u sit there behind a computer screen talkin shit??? aint nobody whining like i said i was trying to make a point and ask some questions. dutch and tay had good responses. u talkin shit isn't needed that's all. u r right i dont have to post here but me being on this board for sooo long gives me the right to ask questions like wtf happened to the board??

these same bs posts are the reasons why jt, cellski, mr. peete, black c, taydatay, big rich, and hella other people don't post here and the same reason why people like san quinn and e-40 who check this board alot more than people think DON'T POST HERE. i can't control what people post but some of this shit is either corny, doesn't make any sense, or is straight haterism.

soak game: LMAO i was waiting for that dumbass to get banned

Aug 20, 2004
TheBayIsTheSco said:
i don't give a fuck either. people know who i am so i aint hiding behind no fuckin screen like a lot of people on here. u r! i aint never gonna see u so why would u sit there behind a computer screen talkin shit??? aint nobody whining like i said i was trying to make a point and ask some questions. dutch and tay had good responses. u talkin shit isn't needed that's all. u r right i dont have to post here but me being on this board for sooo long gives me the right to ask questions like wtf happened to the board??
Excuse you?How am i "hiding" behind a screen?My name is Jesse Lincoln Rice...birthdate April 24th,1978...born in Seattle...raised part time in NY and All over the 6...from High Point to The Central...whos hidin?Thought so...i got nothin to hide homeboy so cut the crap...

You spoke your mind...and so did i...so once again...CUT THE CRAP....

Ive been here since 99...dont let the knew registered name fool you...know about

Now let me say MY piece.It seems to me that SOME Bay cats think the whole damn world owes em somethin.Why?Look at all the other regions that havent shined yet.Perfect example..the Northwest.We BEEN waitin to blow...but we dont complain about it.You ever thoiught that maybe..just MAYBE..the Bay had its time?Its past.So what?Rap cus you LOVE to rap.PERIOD.Look at the Midwest.TALENT!But only Chicago has reallyt made any noise.So what?ALthough theres some exceptinal artists in the Bay...theres a million other BELOW AVERAGE cats rappin for every 1 tight on.Its like that EVERYWHERE.

"They stole our slang".Im sorry...i didnt know muthafuckas was copy rightin slang.SHIT HAPPENS.Get over it!!!!E-40 got the slang "Say THat Then" from none other than Seattle...did we bitch when he made a song AND a video to it???NO!!!Cus we dont give a fuck...its just WORDS!!!!I use Bay slang...yall dukes mad at me???Yall should be humble that you have such a big influence on others...

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
there is no way to capitolize on a move made by rick rock. only him and his affiliates can. and if 13,000 soundscan on a major is the retrobution for being a lifeline in the bay then im good. tay is an old head, he knows what it was like to do great numbers in the bay. and even 30,000, a mark tay touched at least 2 times that i know of are huge to the bay , but peanuts to the rest of the rap game.

i guess what im trying to say is, at this point being a rapper is a nice dream. but reality says only a hand full make it period. not being a prick but, the odds of anyone on this website getting a gold plaque are about the same as hitting the lotto. i know the saying "cant win if you dont play", but if you dont play and concentrate on being a good family man, or student, you wont waste your golden years chacing a dream that frankly may not come true.

not trying to piss in anyones cheerios, but i mean it is what it is.

Jan 20, 2003
TheBayIsTheSco said:
u talkin shit isn't needed that's all. u r right i dont have to post here but me being on this board for sooo long gives me the right to ask questions like wtf happened to the board??

these same bs posts are the reasons why jt, cellski, mr. peete, black c, taydatay, big rich, and hella other people don't post here and the same reason why people like san quinn and e-40 who check this board alot more than people think DON'T POST HERE. i can't control what people post but some of this shit is either corny, doesn't make any sense, or is straight haterism.

soak game: LMAO i was waiting for that dumbass to get banned

ok i'll end it with this then. there's a corrolation to these bullshit posts and artists not posting here anymore or ever.

dutch: u r dead-on the bay is way too oversaturated with rappers that aren't doin shit. believe me i seen the soundscan numbers from all these recent releases. not too sure if many are even breaking 20k besides 40, keak, yuk, bila, and nickatina that's obviously the biggest problem. good point. i'm not saying a single artist can capitalize on rick rock making singles for mase etc etc. what i'm saying is this certainly isn't bad for the bay. him being pretty much a bay area producer and him shaping the bay area sound helps artists at least get radio play when they get a rick rock beat. if they are on the right label and have the right connections then those same dj's won't say "fuck that bay area shit". those dj's will play it cuz it's a hit and that sound is accepted nationwide. not all producers can make shit that can appeal to everyone. rick rock is pretty close i think. i never said that he's gonna bring the bay back cuz of that i said it's positive not negative.