What temp should a Club joint be at?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
we did one 2 weeks ago at 116. It's really all on how the beat is played. I've heard slow tempos sound fast and skippy because of the way they played the drums.

May 6, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

He said "club joint" not RAVE music! lol....j/k That is a pretty fast tempo though.
I feel you on that. The beat was fast then a mutha fucka, & I had never did anything that fast (Fastest before was 107)... But that shit came out something vicious. It's one of those things that you can only do if your doing to do it right.

Dec 27, 2002
www.illaska.com
ummmmmmm

Quantize isn't as tight. it allows peope to quantize their music in 1/8 instead of the usual 1/16. giving you more room to ad more rapid notes on the keyboard. Like what at double you can quantize a loose fit of like 1/64 by quantizing it at 1/32. but i'm with you on the reg thang. I don't need to here extra clicks when i'm trying to record. lol. you feel me, I know to stick to my normality. Your right people that never understand music, first get their board and start recording at 120, cause it the default tempo when you buy the board. lol that's shit be sounding crazy when my partner comes through with double clicks.

Like mines be Click.........Click.........Click.

His be like ClickClickClickClickClick,

I'm like slow it down, by that time he don't raced his drums in there.

Yo, check this dudes beat out, tell me what you think about.

it's called Nebsession.

www.tonos.com/shadik

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Quantize isn't as tight? How so? I didn't really understand your point you were trying to make.

The appropriate way to do a double time beat is to change the quantize to 32nd notes (the note with the 3 little "flags" coming off the side). If you adjust the tempo....then you must also adjust your measure loop length as well....which for me is just a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with. There are just too many people out there who don't know what a 16th or 32nd note is - which goes along with my point (from another thread) that not very many people have enough music theory background to even understand WHAT they are doing. And sure.....there really isn't a "right way" to do music.....but I think that most professionals would agree with me.

Also.....most sequencers don't do 64th notes anymore.....at least the ones I've dealt with in the last few years don't......I use Cubase (which just won best sequencer of the year) or my Triton if I'm not utilizing other rack gear.

Your boy Shadik got some cool shit though. Is he from Alaska? I noticed it said somethin' about Joker the Bailbondsman.

Apr 26, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

Why double the tempo? That's for people who don't understand time sigs.

What's the difference between a beat that has a doubled tempo.....and a beat with 32nd notes?
When you use the Click Track, it Gives it that faster tempo, and almost different Feeling. I haven't fucked with it myself, but I know a few people that do.

May 6, 2002
Re: @ JStaxxx

Sick Wid It said:
Is that Lion-O and Voltron you got on your cover? :devious:
Hahahah... naw man... Each one of those characters represents one of us.

The lion is my homey Cat = He's a leo
The Reaper is Mr. Lowery = He's the violent 1 of the group
The Cyborg is Myself = Half man Half machine/ Half hart Half Hustle

Ya Dig?