What soul song does Three 6 sample in "Poppin' My Collar????"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
spv said:
ThaG is saying their samples sucks now..not using samples sucks
Its not about sampling or not sampling... everyone does some sampling ...

And I agree Three 6 is getting more and more wack each year.
2001-2005 shit has been weak.

DJ Paul & Juicy J use to be a lot better with those samples even when they were stealing beats from DJ Spanish Fly,DJ Zirk,and DJ Squeeky back in day...

Basically ThaG is saying they need to get back to making quality tracks like they use....not try being some wack Kanye West style sampling with old shit..
three 6 has sampled old shit in the pass and not made it wack...
but now it sounds wack thats what I think thaG is trying to tell ya'll
exactly

May 5, 2002
three 6 IMO sucked after Mista Don't Play but the Chrome album and the new Three 6 album are fuckin hot. Their back on track. Too many crab in the barrell memphis cats hate on them tho. I understand they might be doin some shady shit but instead of focusing on hating on them they could be focusing on themselves and making money. shits stupid, thats why memphis will never blow as a whole, no unity...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
well, if it's true that they pay radio not to play local rappers, it's easy to see why nobody else is going to blow up - how you going to attract the majors, if you don't get spins in your own city??

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
^^^^

Thats why its best to do it like Playa Fly get the ana off your chest and then move on...he made triple bitch mafia and reused some of his lyrics from mystic stylez as a diss on Tommy Wright III On The Run and was done with it..
although Paul & Juicy kept putting him down...he took 1 last shot at them on his breakin da law on his 2nd verse..Fly didn't waste his time on them he just did for 1 track to get the ana off his chest..Fly said in a interview if they didn't diss him first he might've not ever even dissed them..
And Fly made some real classic albums with great lyrical material Fly was focused on making good music not three 6 mafia...hell he left before mystic stylez came out..it wasn't about money for Fly..And Fly is pretty damn successful..Movin On has sold great for a underground album as did Da Game Owe Me Fly Shit and Just Gettin It On did pretty well...
And Fly when he got out of jail in 2004..said when asked about 3-6 he said well you know our past and what he said on his old albums he meant every damn word but he wouldn't mind rapping on a Paul beat again..but he's not going to ask him and he knows Paul isn't going to ask him but if they bumped into each other in the streets he could see him and paul kicking it and perhaps making a track together..

But like Skinny Pimp he disses them a lot but 3-6 disses him a lot sneak disses..Skinny Pimp I guess sorta wastes his time with it but the shit he usually says is pretty good...but it is sorta of waste for him to bother anymore..but he's pretty much been done with them for awhile..

Dissing Three 6 isn't going to do anything for the rappers dissing them but I guess getting the ana off your chest and being done with it is the way to go..
and then just go on with your music

Or be like Al Kapone and never even bother...he'd problay like to diss them..but also Kapone has no real reason to diss them either..

But ya gotta remember Paul & Juicy are holding down the city and with shit they've done...if you're a memphis rapper you problay mad..especially if see them shining and when your music is better..

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
ThaG said:
well, if it's true that they pay radio not to play local rappers, it's easy to see why nobody else is going to blow up - how you going to attract the majors, if you don't get spins in your own city??
Exactly...

I don't know which ones don't get play and don't..and some it might not even be fully off the radio but down to once every few days,weeks,months..almost making radio play non existent

I don't think they can hold down Playa Fly or Skinny Pimp

Gangsta Blac at one time worked for Hot 107 as a radio personality so he problay doesn't suffer too much either

But like Koopsta Knicca he was talking last year that DJ Paul & Juicy J has got him blackballed on the radio..his former group is trying to ruin his career

This isn't DJ Paul & Juicy J related but interesting though..
Tommy Wright III he's been out of the game for awhile.. but there is this public access channel has a tv show of memphis rap that any memphis rapper is allowed to be on but Tommy 3 isn't allowed on it ..LOL..
he problay doesn't get radio play either or not much if he can't come on that tv show..