WHAT PRODUCERS DO YOU THINK......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 19, 2006
I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT A LOT OF THESE ALBUMS THAT HAVE BEEN DROPPING OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE A LIL BIT MISSING WHEN IT COMES TO PRODUCTION, DON'T GET ME WRONG I AIN'T KNOCKIN ANYONE THAT DROPS A SOLID ALBUM.....BUT AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT GETS A LITTLE FRUSTRATED WHEN AN ALBUM HAS PRODUCTION FROM THE "SAME PRODUCER" ON EACH TRACK!!!!! EVEN IF YOU LISTEN TO A DR. DRE ALBUM THERE ARE ALWAYS CREDITS FROM SOME OTHER PRODUCERS THAT HAVE WORKED ON SPECIFIC TRACKS WITH HIM. I GUESS THATS WHY I AM NOT AS BIG OF A JT THE BIGGA FIGGA FAN AS I USE TO BE. WHEN I HEAR AN ALBUM THAT HAS A BUNCH OF TRACKS THAT SOUND LIKE THEY WERE DONE AT THE SAME TIME THE GLP DROPPED I CANT LISTEN TO IT! I BELIEVE WHEN YOU GET A GOOD COLABO WITH A FEW BIG NAMES LIKE C BO, YUCK OR JACKA YOU SHOULD GO ALL OUT ON THE PRODUCTION.......AND TO ME THAT HASN'T HAPPENED AS MUCH AS IT USE TO.

MY QUESTION IS:
WHAT PRODUCERS NOW DAYS IN YOUR OPINION CAN CARRY A FULL ALBUM WITH THERE PRODUCTION! WHICH PRODUCERS CAN MIIX IT UP AND CAN MAKE EACH TRACK A LIL DIFFERENT THAN THE NEXT.

May 20, 2002
www.myspace.com
Studio Ton and KLOU to name a few. These cats, can both make beats and play "real" instruments and that's whats missing from alot of music these days....instruments. Not just a friggin Triton Keyboard and sound modules! Plus the arrangements on alot of tracks. No changes or bridges.....but then again, its only rap. Don't get me wrong, sometimes too much music sounds like too much music. Sometimes simplicity is the key.....All I know is that Studio Ton plays real drums, guitar, bass, keys and numerous percussions. I can only hope to be a better producer like those type of producers one day... Good Luck to all you producers and beatmakers......Step your game up.

May 10, 2002
DankSinatra said:
Studio Ton and KLOU to name a few. These cats, can both make beats and play "real" instruments and that's whats missing from alot of music these days....instruments. Not just a friggin Triton Keyboard and sound modules! Plus the arrangements on alot of tracks. No changes or bridges.....but then again, its only rap. Don't get me wrong, sometimes too much music sounds like too much music. Sometimes simplicity is the key.....All I know is that Studio Ton plays real drums, guitar, bass, keys and numerous percussions. I can only hope to be a better producer like those type of producers one day... Good Luck to all you producers and beatmakers......Step your game up.
^^^What he said about the lack of instrumentation.

To expand on that point - It's not that everybody has to have live guitar, bass, drums, horns, & strings in order to make a good full album. If one producer is doing the whole album, he needs to know how to create a different feel for each track.

Shit, even if you're a producer that's doing 3 songs on an album where another producer is handling the rest of the production, you need to make sure your contributions each have their own feel. That's just being versatile.

I was pretty good at that in my day. You won't find two of my beats that sound alike. I don't play anything other than keys though. I rarely sample, and everything mostly was composed using sound modules and an MPC.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
WHO EVER HELP PRODUCE MACKIN SPEAKS LOUDER THEN WORDZ

OLU SOMTHING

KHYREE (give me another one of them MAC BEAK DOWNZ DOGG)

ANT BANNKZ BUSICLY THE CREATER OF THIS SO CALLED MOBB MUSIC
TONE COPONE NOTHING BUT FIRE