What NBA player represents the hip hop generation?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What player comes to mind when you think of the NBA's hip hop generation?

• Chris Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Jordan

• Allen Iverson

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Rasheed Wallace

• Shaquille O'Neal

• other.....name him in your post

• Total voters

br503

Sicc OG
Mar 5, 2005
This has been a topic of discussion on one of the other boards I got to so I wanted to poll you guys.

When you think of the hip hop generation of players in the NBA, who is the first player that comes to mind?

br503

Sicc OG
Mar 5, 2005
No doubt

Another question though, how many of ya'll remember the Fab 5? And don't look it up on the net either, keep it real.

Dec 29, 2004
BigRich503 said:
No doubt

Another question though, how many of ya'll remember the Fab 5? And don't look it up on the net either, keep it real.
That makes me feel really old...I remember when UNLV whooped Duke in 1991...103-73 largest margin of victory ever in NCAA championship game...

br503

Sicc OG
Mar 5, 2005
Gringo Starr said:
LOL..Michael Jordan???
are you denying that Mike was hip hop when he came into the league? You don't remember the swagger, the cockiness, the gold chains, the long shorts, the signature shoes, the Air Jordan warm ups at the dunk contest, come on dude, Mike had the hip hop attitude long before AI came around. Then the money came and he molded himself into a multibillion dollar entity, but don't get it twisted.

Nov 5, 2004
MJ started it, no doubt. The NBA was hella bland as far as style before he came in there. MJ pretty much influenced world culture too. I mean, before him and the Air Jordan, did people really care too much about what shoes they had?

As far as AI, he's the one carrying the torch MJ lit. Except, AI not only represents hiphop, but he also reps the underdog. He's almost always the smallest guy on the court, BUT he's always the guy with the most heart on the court. So not only do hip hop heads like him, but anyone who has ever felt like an underdog roots for him. Its no coincidence that his jersey has been the #1 seller damn near every year he's been in the league. I have a book about AI, and the author calls him "Tupac with a jumper". In some ways, this is very true.

As far as the future, I think AI will be the NBA's hiphop representative until he retires. I remember when he first came in the league, he would be wearing do-rags, sweats, and chains during interviews and whatnot, and people would be like wtf? Now, up until the new dress code, damn near everone did that.

I'm starting to ramble now, lol, but my point is when all is said and done, AI will probably have near to or as big of a cultural impact as MJ.

br503

Sicc OG
Mar 5, 2005
D-Rose said:
MJ started it, no doubt. The NBA was hella bland as far as style before he came in there. MJ pretty much influenced world culture too. I mean, before him and the Air Jordan, did people really care too much about what shoes they had?

As far as AI, he's the one carrying the torch MJ lit. Except, AI not only represents hiphop, but he also reps the underdog. He's almost always the smallest guy on the court, BUT he's always the guy with the most heart on the court. So not only do hip hop heads like him, but anyone who has ever felt like an underdog roots for him. Its no coincidence that his jersey has been the #1 seller damn near every year he's been in the league. I have a book about AI, and the author calls him "Tupac with a jumper". In some ways, this is very true.

As far as the future, I think AI will be the NBA's hiphop representative until he retires. I remember when he first came in the league, he would be wearing do-rags, sweats, and chains during interviews and whatnot, and people would be like wtf? Now, up until the new dress code, damn near everone did that.

I'm starting to ramble now, lol, but my point is when all is said and done, AI will probably have near to or as big of a cultural impact as MJ.
Speak on it my ninja!

I have been saying that for a long time, that AI has had the most impact on the league since MJ.

br503

Sicc OG
Mar 5, 2005
D-Rose said:
Lol, ya man, that was my longest post ever.

And AI has been my fav player since MJ.
haha, it's all good. I've always been for the underdog, so when MJ was doing his thing, Clyde Drexler was my favorite player. Then I started watching AI at Georgetown and have been a fan ever since.