What nas used to be.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2005
BTW ive never understood why AZ was not on It Was Written & IAM/NASRADAMUS

or more generally why they didnt do more collabs together,

edit: No offence but the title of the thread is about Nas, then you write about Nas & AZ on Illmatic and then you post a (Dope)video of AZ solo while talking about their chemistrty...

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

is this from the new cd.>..that song is The come up from A.W.O.L and it was better on that (faster) beat...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
edit: No offence but the title of the thread is about Nas, then you write about Nas & AZ on Illmatic and then you post a (Dope)video of AZ solo while talking about their chemistrty...
theres no offense taken, i know what i'm doing.

AZ is known for being on illmatic, featured by nas.
if you really was up on AZ before illmatic, you beat me..cuz i wasnt.

Nas is known for pretty much doing shit we dont expect, after illmatic.

At one point (pre-illmatic-illmatic) nas was just an MC. he really hadn't gained that sort of wild ass creativity with his music. granted, the songs were good, but i dont think until verbal intercourse or the firm had nas seperated himself from that sort of style.

in my opinon, az and nas were a perfect match at that specific time.

az seems no different than how he was on illmatic.

hence, me saying thats what nas used to be.

a dope, pretty much non-filtered, non glamourized MC.

im not even taking a shot at nas, i'm just saying, i think some of us wish he made that type of music again.

im almost halfway turned off by him making an album called nigger while obamas running. and winning. i dont know why.

maybe its helping? i dont think so.

i dont make threads for one specific purpose i make them for multiple, so theres alot to talk about. if i just made a threrad for az youd go "dope video" and the thread would be over.

edit: haha infinity,i dunno man. stoned, probably. just holla if you need a tat though well talk about it

Jan 1, 2006
AZ is the shieeeet. His style is consistent over all these years. I've got all his albums, he's deep when it comes to expressing flows. I don't know why he's kinda lived in the shadows of hip hop.

He's dope.

Jul 1, 2007
Rather Unique < my fav song by AZ..yeah he is the shit but AZ and nas have been on not so good terms with each other or sumthing..

And hes rumouring joining dipset which is dope i rekon

Apr 25, 2002
Yea Nas used to really spit some hot shit. A lot of folks won't agree with this but I think Stillmatic was just as good as Illmatic in terms of his raps and his creativity...I think the edge on the beats goes to illmatic since they were a little more raw and uncut but overall I look at those two albums as equals.

Something happened to Nas IMO shortly after, he started being "God Son" and "Street Disciple" and became a flashy, cocky, glorified MC. I thought he was heading in the right direction with Hip Hop Is Dead, only to revert back to this odd character that wears shirts that say "Nigger" on the red carpet of the Grammys, beating around the bush when it comes to his new album, using a title that has hurt so many people over generations.

But an artist is an artist. Can't hate on them for taking their music in another direction unless its art imitating trends. I agree its stupid and also divisive for him to title his album that way especially when a black man has the chance to take the White House. Until we quit getting caught up on divisive issues like race we can't address the real problem we have in America which is class...