What movie did you just watch and what did you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
hangover part II: wasnt too funny, they just basically re-did every single gag from the previous movie. there were slightly funny parts so if youre drunk or stoned and have absolutely nothing else to watch its worth watching i guess

the fighter: pretty dope movie, i recommend this one. the actual boxing in the movie is kind of cheesy but whatever lol

Mar 18, 2003

The story of 4 lives slammed together in a shocking moment. Intercutting between a carjacking and the separate stories of the 4 kids, we watch as they hurtle toward a life-changing end.

It's yet another movie about how the lives of 4 people come together in the end in an attempt to wow the audience. Unfortunately there wasn't enough originality to rescue this film from the fact that they are doing something that has been done several times over. Claims to be based on a true story which makes it a little more interesting, but it is just an average movie. The one thing I enjoyed about it was how the movie showed the way people who get caught up in the wrong life style can find themselves in very bad situations. I once knew a guy in high school who moved out of town and started hanging around with a different crowd. long story short, they were involved in a murder and he was present. the guys he was with blamed it on him and he's now doing life. This movie does a good job of highlighting situations like that. If that interests you then give it a shot. [6/10]

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
The Professional: pretty dope movie, but kind of creepy with the whole love thing with 12 yr old natalie portman and a old ass dude, lol.

Four Brothers: decent movie, wouldnt really re-watch, no need to after youve seen it once

13: lol this movie was fucking retarded and had a horrible ending. they didnt explain shit at all, and it was just kind of a ridiculous premise

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Recoil: lol this movie was terrible. i think danny trejo and steve austin did horrible jobs at acting. actually pretty much everybody did a mediocre job. and the fighting and action was so slow paced it was just not enjoyable at all. the story line was kind of weak, there were inconsistencies and shit that made it not believable. this is a movie you could go your whole life without seeing. i dont even think it was worth the $1.20 to rent it, someone else rented it so i didnt pay shit but i still feel ripped off for my time lol.

Collateral: this movie was fuckin sicc IMO; i cant believe i havent seen it yet. tom cruise and jamie foxx did excellent jobs. this is an awesome movie and i highly recommend it. its not really an action movie more-so a very dramatic movie, but theres enough action in it to make you think otherwise. i might even re-watch this when i get home in the morning, it was that good IMO. its just so odd to me i havent ever really heard of this movie that much. cant wait to get a great TV and swoop this up on blu-ray, cause some of the camera work with the city of L.A. i can only imagine how dope it would be on blu-ray. watch this movie! even if you hate tom cruise and jamie foxx and jada pinkett smith (im one of those people lol) you cant deny that they did an awesome job. EVERYONE did an excellent job

May 4, 2002
hangover part II: wasnt too funny, they just basically re-did every single gag from the previous movie. there were slightly funny parts so if youre drunk or stoned and have absolutely nothing else to watch its worth watching i guess

the fighter: pretty dope movie, i recommend this one. the actual boxing in the movie is kind of cheesy but whatever lol
granted ive never watched the first movie, i thought this movie was funny.

was the fighter the movie with mark walburg and his crack head brother?

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
granted ive never watched the first movie, i thought this movie was funny.

was the fighter the movie with mark walburg and his crack head brother?
yea, basically i think if you saw the first one a bunch of times, you wont really like number 2. if you saw number 2 before number one, then you'll like it, but i think if you see the first one you'll either not like it or like it more than number 2 then not like number 2 anymore lol. if you watch the first one let me know how you think about it and the second one lol

yea thats what the fighter was

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
what were all the posts M @Mr. Shadow deleted, B @Baller B undelete them for the lulz plz

Well i just finished the movie, i can see what they were going for with the theme of friendship, the responsibility people put on themselves to be a good friend and walking the moral grey area that can come with it, but man, no execution at all lol. it was genuinely cheesy for the most part with a really bad score backing it, but maybe that was intentional and it went over my head iono. A lot of very groan worthy scenes, dialog and acting.

the dennis hopper scenes were the best, and a couple of lulzy spots here and there, overall i'd give it a 3/10

would not recommend

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
well movies have come a long way since 1986, i mean, you cant watch the original star wars and say "lol these special effects suxx lol transformers is way better", different era, different technology, people take from history, movies evolve etc. etc.

challengeaccepted.jpg i wnat to check out Rivers edge nao

Apr 25, 2002

Young Adult

First 1/3rd of this was ok just building the story, second 1/3rd was kinda funny, and last 1/3rd was just meh. Charlize Theron wasn't anything special. Patton Oswalt was a stand out and saved this movie. I liked him in Big Fan, but I'm not any kind of "big fan" (sorry for the bad pun) of him in general. I think his comedy can be too geeky even for me and overly preachy. But without him this movie would have been nothing. He saved it for me. 2.25 out of 5

Mar 18, 2003
Midnight In Paris

I'm not a fan of Owen Wilson. He is one of my least favorite actors. Yet I've heard great things about this film so I set aside any bias I had and gave it a shot. I thought the premise was pretty bold and was executed quite well. All of the parts where he went back in time were my favorite, everything else was a little dull. However, and even though I felt Wilson was more tolerable in this than any other movie since Wedding Crashers, I still found it difficult to make any connection. He just bugs the shit out of me. Do something else with your hair or some shit, jesus. And Rachel McAdams was at her worst as well although you get a good idea of just how incredible her ass is in one of the scenes. Movie had a lot of potential.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Battle Royale: it was an alright movie, worth seeing. some peopel talk about this movie like its the greatest shit ever but i just thought it was good, worth watching and rewatching, nothign amazing.

Platoon: pretty dope movie, i saw it years and years ago and forgot most of it so it was like seeing it for the first time. the only thing bad about the movie i can think of is willem dafoe kind of overacts in a certain part that im sure a lot of you know what im talking about lol. talk about being extremely extremely over-dramatic. watch this movie if you havent seen it, especially if you like war movies and all that war is hell type shit

Last House on the Left (2009): thought this movie was kind of dope for what it was. it was highly highly predictable but it didnt detract too much from the overall feeling the movie left. overall it was some pretty hard hitting stuff, worth checking out if youre into the whole horror shit.

id recommend people watch all three of these movies if they had the chance; ive seen worse

Apr 25, 2002

Troll Hunter

Subtitle warning. The title pretty much tells you what this movie is about. Kinda Blair Witch feel to it. Special effects were good for it being obviously lower budget. Acting was decent for the most part. Cool little troll mythology/fairy tail references throughout. Pace was a little slow, but over all I thought this was a good and creative movie.

3.5 out of 5

Nov 7, 2006
Watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. the action was very good but i hate how they turned into a comedy pretty much. I dont watch these types of movies for acting or story though so i was pleased with it.