What movie did you just watch and what did you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
watched IP man yesterday, that movie is fuckin bad ass.. been watching alot of foreign films lately .. if you are a fan of martial arts this is highly recommended i can't wait to see part 2

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Stone of Destiny

It's about the people who stole back the Stone of Scone in London and brought it back to Scotland in the 1950's.

It was a pretty cool period piece without the angst and drama most period pieces seem to thrive on.

Plus, Kate Mara is a foxy redhead, and I could watch her paint walls and be satisfied.

It was quirky and easy going.

7/10

Jul 27, 2009
i watched The Hurt Locker last night. dont know why i held off from watching it for so long. i finally watched it because i was impressed with Jeremy Renner in The Town. its a good ass movie. really showed how life is for all our troops over there and what they have to go through. and i see that Ralph Fiennes is in it too for a couple of minutes. real good movie but i dont know if it deserved the Best Picture. ill still give it a 9/10

also, why was dude playing Gears Of War and the movie was set in 2004?

Apr 2, 2010
The Town Extended Cut Blu Ray

If your looking for a movie with nonstop action and important events always happening than The Town isn't what your looking for. Instead, this takes an interesting route of being down to earth and taking a special interest in letting the characters develop well while the storyline progresses, and it does fluently. There will be scenes that make you think "Why the fuck did they include this?" and it you don't understand why then you might as well shut the movie off. Getting a full perspective of the characters is always important, theres only one other movie I've seen that I can remember taking this approach (which is in my avatar) and pull it off so well. I can't say much about the movie itself because it will spoil possible development but its worth checking out if you like more than just your average flick, it will include much more than that..

With a perfect blend of action, suspense, drama, and any other element you can think of, this movie found a way to deliver all of those to give it a complete feeling without getting too sidetracked.

10/10

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com

good flick . you feel for Harry in this movie. if u like death wish youl like this. not so much for the violence which is sprinkled throughout the movie but for the human side of it. u cant help but root for Harry and be afraid for him at the same time. if u dont mind watching and old guy get some revenge for his mate then i suggest taking 1:45 min out of your day and watching this. Michael Caine was really good in this..

3 1/2 outta 5 stars

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com

got htis for my kids and ended up watching it through.
Classic superman vs lex luther story. Lex becomes Prez and starts his shennanigans.
2 words: POWER Girl u pervs will wish it was live action after seeing her.
Like always batman uses his brain to assit in the battling . Shows the "relationship" clark and bruce have. They due in fact like each otehr . they just go about their own unique way of fighting crime...Over all cool cartoon flick if you like the comics youll dig this one.

3 outta 5 stars

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
i watched The Hurt Locker last night. dont know why i held off from watching it for so long. i finally watched it because i was impressed with Jeremy Renner in The Town. its a good ass movie. really showed how life is for all our troops over there and what they have to go through. and i see that Ralph Fiennes is in it too for a couple of minutes. real good movie but i dont know if it deserved the Best Picture. ill still give it a 9/10

That kind of continuity slip up is either oversight, has a hidden meaning, or is put in there specifically for fans for a number of reasons.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com

I agree. Best director maybe, but definitely not the best picture (not that I could tell you what should have won).

The Gears of War thing, the director had to just say "ah, its just a video game" I doubt a majority of the audience would be up on that. I know I couldnt tell you when that game came out.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Conan the Barbarian ( 1982 )

Hard to give this a rating as by todays standards it's terrible, but fuck this was made in 1982 so it is what it is.

Movies full of 1982 areolas, and Arnold delivering the one hitter quitters to all kind of random animals, that shit had me rolling lol...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld

I watched Inland Empire for the 3rd time. Maybe it was because of repeated viewings or because I was actually sober during it this time, but things were finally starting to come together. Time and life are the main themes explored, also reincarnation and alternate dimensions. Truly one of the best directed films in years but most won't be able to catch why. This movie is extremely convoluted in its' presentation, it takes all the weird David Lynch mainstays and cranks it up a couple of notches. He has truly hit his mark in what he was trying to convey in his earlier works. Although, seeing as it's so difficult to know what's going on, I would NOT recommend it for most people that post here(no offense).

9.5/10

Apr 25, 2002

Pirate Radio - About an hour and a half too long. Wasn't very funny or dramatic or anything else it could have been going for. Would have been more interesting as a documentary - or maybe not that's why it got the fiction treatment. 1 out of 5

Blood Into Wine - boring documentary. Scattered all over the place. Made wine making even less interesting. Couldn't/wouldn't finish it. .5 out of 5

Restrepo - pretty good documentary on the Afghan war. Made it very real, with some coverage that the TV networks should be ashamed they haven't shown people. Could have been better with some dramatic tweeks, but I suppose that makes it even more real that they didn't even have to go that route. 3 out of 5