What motivates atheists?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Stockton ill get at you later about this thread..

**edit**

I'll respond to everyone in one post to JMACLN, and 007Agent. To JMACLN, again a man who fell of his faith, it's obvious you just gave up. To a mere non-believer it's easy to say, God aint real, bullshit! To us he is alive and well, but I've already stated my stand on God, and you already know the consequences of rejection of him, so that's on you.

You say I fell from my faith. I say I just started taking my destiny in my own hand. No one says Stockton that you have to leave everything up to God. You are the only one that chooses to do that.

Its obvious I gave up? Gave up on what? nothing ever started. Ever since I took shit in my own hand and started to deal with things myself.....weight, anger, money, lifestyle, etc...I changed them all myself for the better. And those are a couple of the main things tha you Christians claim you need GOD to help you change. See id rather go to back to school get a degree, than pray 10 times a day that god get me more money somehow. Heres the fact....

My techniques work for me cause I can control what goes on around me. May be not everything...but no one can control everything. Not even your god.

i got more to say but dont have time to type..

Jan 2, 2003
STOCKTON For Agent707 said:
although i mighted came off that way...im not tryin to say they r pussy's...

i say weak in the meaning they don't beleive in themselves..

they believe sumone else will save them, help them, etc...

humans r capable of dealing with things by themselves..but obviously its very difficult..thru my own experience i have felt this..

i have thought long and hard...i feel as an individual...i have control or atleast i know how to control my life(theres probably things i should do differently but ur only in college once!)...i understand my emotions, feelings,motives,urges,etc., and i know how to deal with them..

not believing in a god or gods or an afterlife is probably the most challening thing in life...its scary sumtimes cuz in the end...its over...ur finished.

our minds really can't grasp that idea...the idea that sumthing cease to exist is mind boggling...it trips me the fuck out...

if there is a heaven, i think we r already in it..life is so fucking beautiful...if u stop and almost try to look at life outside of it...what the fuck could get better!!!!!!!! all those storys of girls, fun, etc. in heaven is ridiculous..

we gotta realize the "devils" people r in this heaven and trying to destroy it..

but thats just metaphorically speaking....

people wanna concentrate on religion but dont wanna concentrate on making the world better!!!...they live with people like BUSH...and slave themselves to the workforce..we r fucking peons...religion makes it EVEN EASIER TO MAKE US PEONS..fuck an afterlife...I WANT LIFE TO BE GOOD NOW...fuck your laws and way of life..as humans we shouldn't be controlled by anything!...we r to intelligent...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i live for weed and money
seriously though, all you christians should be just jumping at the chance to die since youre so sure of whats ahead for you as great as its gonna be. i, through atheism am completely in the dark which is motivation enough for me to continue the only thing i'll ever know. this 1 life. sorry if you cant deal with that or that makes me evil. if youre god is what he says he is he knows how to change my mind. he hasnt done it yet though and until he does.................

do your thing and let me do mine.

Jul 22, 2006
Setting livable standards for people’s day to day lives and motivating them with a reward of eternal life in paradise/heaven/etc for their good deeds seems to be one of the purposes of organized religion. I.e. people do good = rewarded with eternal good, people do bad = punished with eternal bad

Why is it so hard to believe that doing good for yourself and those around you and making the world a better place isn’t motivation enough for some people? I would guess the motivation for an Atheist in life is to make the world better for themselves and everyone else. Why would they need more than that?

Personally for me, doing good is motivation enough to do good. If there is a reward after death for living a good life, so be it. If there is some eternal being all powerful and all knowing watching my every move, so be it. But that’s not why I strive to be a good person.

Mar 12, 2005
JLMACN said:
Stockton ill get at you later about this thread..

**edit**

You say I fell from my faith. I say I just started taking my destiny in my own hand. No one says Stockton that you have to leave everything up to God. You are the only one that chooses to do that.

Its obvious I gave up? Gave up on what? nothing ever started. Ever since I took shit in my own hand and started to deal with things myself.....weight, anger, money, lifestyle, etc...I changed them all myself for the better. And those are a couple of the main things tha you Christians claim you need GOD to help you change. See id rather go to back to school get a degree, than pray 10 times a day that god get me more money somehow. Heres the fact....

My techniques work for me cause I can control what goes on around me. May be not everything...but no one can control everything. Not even your god.

i got more to say but dont have time to type..

Leave it up to God in what sense? Do you mean just be lazy and expect everything do be done by him. I guess you don't understand to concept of faith in God, he provides the way for you, while you go on that path.

Well JMACLN, I respect the path you chose, it doesn't necessarily mean It's good but Ok. I didn't say you needed God to have good morals, and be a good man. I hope one day you can realize what you've stopped believing in.

JMACLN look at the last thing you said. If that's true, why do you question God for you father's health? You know deep inside that whenever he wanted to, he could put an end to his misery. God Bless

Mar 12, 2005
Agent707 said:
although i mighted came off that way...im not tryin to say they r pussy's...

i say weak in the meaning they don't beleive in themselves..

they believe sumone else will save them, help them, etc...
Where do you guys come up with this belief? Why do you guys speak as though it's on our behalf? That's like speaking for a minority that don't agree with the majority, but because they have similar beliefs they are automatically associated with them. Dang

humans r capable of dealing with things by themselves..but obviously its very difficult..thru my own experience i have felt this..

i have thought long and hard...i feel as an individual...i have control or atleast i know how to control my life(theres probably things i should do differently but ur only in college once!)...i understand my emotions, feelings,motives,urges,etc., and i know how to deal with them..
Every one does, you may know how to deal with them, but some don't.
not believing in a god or gods or an afterlife is probably the most challening thing in life...its scary sumtimes cuz in the end...its over...ur finished.
SMH, should I be sympathetic? This makes you sound weak, I think the very notion of doubt is enough to label someone weak. This is what I'm talking about, Atheists will always have the afterlife or god in their mind. I don't know any atheists that doesn't have a slight thought about it. If they say no, I know their fucking lying.
if there is a heaven, i think we r already in it..life is so fucking beautiful...if u stop and almost try to look at life outside of it...what the fuck could get better!!!!!!!! all those storys of girls, fun, etc. in heaven is ridiculous..
NO WE ARE IN HELL! How the fuck are you going to call a world full of hungry/disease stricken Countries, a world full of war and immorality Heaven? SMH
people wanna concentrate on religion but dont wanna concentrate on making the world better!!!
IGNORANCE! You think that, what about the Red Cross? What about Christian Ministries that go out of their own budget to help poor countries understand Jesus, and help people eat at the same time? You don't see me speaking on behalf of ALL atheists because I have many atheist friends that do good.
they live with people like BUSH.
You're no different when you makes statements that this world is heaven. Having ignorance and delusional notions.
and slave themselves to the workforce..we r fucking peons...religion makes it EVEN EASIER TO MAKE US PEONS..fuck an afterlife...I WANT LIFE TO BE GOOD NOW...fuck your laws and way of life..as humans we shouldn't be controlled by anything!...we r to intelligent...
Controlled by anything, I don't know if I should call you a dumbass or just plain Ignorant cause their is a difference. Do you live under laws in the USA? Do you follow them, do they limit you do certain things? If yes then you are controlled, and if you couldn't be controlled then you must me mentally retarded or in a state of Ecstacy.

Jan 2, 2003
^^^ ur a dumbass....OBVIOUSLY

just cuz u dont get what im sayin on certain things doesn't make me stupid..mayb ur stupid...

OBVIOUSLY u didn't get what im sayin...there r people in thsi world right now fucking it up for everyone..

just cuz ur a lil fuckin brainwashed-molested church boy...don't come at me with that BULLSHIT...

just cuz there is Hunger, death, etc. doesn't mean there has to b!!!!!!!!!

u do nuthing to address current problems...u only "hope" for a better afterlife..thats ridiculous...thats how ur a peon..in the clutches of sumone else..too scared to take control of ur own destiny..

contemplating about a god etc. doesn't make me weak...OBVIOUSLY thats a retarded as statement...its fucking human nature..our brains r always looking for ways to explain things...DOUBT is a key tool of life..MAYB u should try it sumtime..mayb doubt all those RIDICULOUS bible storys

i dont understand how u cannot grasp the idea that this world is beautiful, its our own kind fucking it up for us...theres no rule saying there needs to be war or hunger...we have created that ourselves..we have let the "devil" takeover our "heaven"

this is what im referring to when i say make the world better...what about the faggot-ass pope??..that fool could have alotta say over things like world peace and he really doesn't try that hard in my opinion..that cupcake is livin lavish and everything...

IGNORANT!

im not sure how u tried to respond about my comment on control but u more of a sheep then the rest of us...u must have insecuritys and need to feel safe..not man enough to deal with death

Mar 12, 2005
just cuz u dont get what im sayin on certain things doesn't make me stupid..mayb ur stupid...
No cause the shit you say would make morally good atheist mad
OBVIOUSLY u didn't get what im sayin...there r people in thsi world right now fucking it up for everyone..
I got what you said. Are you talking about yourself now?
just cuz ur a lil fuckin brainwashed-molested church boy...don't come at me with that BULLSHIT...
Don't come at me with you free world shit, I guess you like a world full of homos and aids infected people huh?
just cuz there is Hunger, death, etc. doesn't mean there has to b!!!!!!!!!

u do nuthing to address current problems...u only "hope" for a better afterlife..thats ridiculous...thats how ur a peon..in the clutches of sumone else..too scared to take control of ur own destiny..
There's never going to be one day that everyone eats. But it doesn't mean you can't help to feed at least a few. How the fuck do you know that I don't do anything to address the fucking issues you ignorant dumb fuck. I don't hope, I believe and do what I can, even though small, and sometimes great how I do my part somewhat. Too scared to take control of my own destiny? WTF are you talking about now?!
contemplating about a god etc. doesn't make me weak...OBVIOUSLY thats a retarded as statement...its fucking human nature..our brains r always looking for ways to explain things...DOUBT is a key tool of life..MAYB u should try it sumtime..mayb doubt all those RIDICULOUS bible storys
I do have doubts 007, your statement about the world being heaven is what you call retarded and ridiculous.
i dont understand how u cannot grasp the idea that this world is beautiful, its our own kind fucking it up for us...theres no rule saying there needs to be war or hunger...we have created that ourselves..we have let the "devil" takeover our "heaven"
I do see it beautiful in a way, but why the fuck do you speak on my behalf? as for the rest of your retarded statment OK *thumbs up* :) yay, happy, clap clap
this is what im referring to when i say make the world better...what about the faggot-ass pope??..that fool could have alotta say over things like world peace and he really doesn't try that hard in my opinion..that cupcake is livin lavish and everything...
The pope doesn't concern me, I don't even know why you brought him up...If you brought him up because you feel he's not doing enough...instead of fuckin complaining then do something like you said. Right? RIGHT!
IGNORANT!
I know you are I didn't know why you had to say it again.
im not sure how u tried to respond about my comment on control but u more of a sheep then the rest of us...u must have insecuritys and need to feel safe..not man enough to deal with death
OK :). I'm more sheep and your a goat thank you.

Aug 28, 2006
phil said:
i live for weed and money
seriously though, all you christians should be just jumping at the chance to die since youre so sure of whats ahead for you as great as its gonna be. i, through atheism am completely in the dark which is motivation enough for me to continue the only thing i'll ever know. this 1 life. sorry if you cant deal with that or that makes me evil. if youre god is what he says he is he knows how to change my mind. he hasnt done it yet though and until he does.................

do your thing and let me do mine.
lol...weed and money huh...sounds fun...do you live for yourself and for yourself only? but do what you do. its only evil if you have bad intentions for your life. god can only guide you he cant change your mind. thats why you have a mind of your own. if you chose to ignore him completely how do you expect to change?