What mic should I buy?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
mo-x said:

what do you mean?
When you format a hard drive you can set it up to have different zones you could say ( I forget the actuall word ). What it means is that you can split up your hard drive into different parts basically, that is the definition of PARTITION. I've never done this but basically it means that you could use your single hard drive as two. It would read your programs from one part, and then record your audio to the other part.

If I'm wrong in any way feel free to correct me but this was my basic understanding of it.

May 7, 2002
^^

Lil' Makk said:
^^
I'm not too worried about live effects really... and the soundcard seems to work fine for me... I have a fast computer too... here's my computer specs:

1.8 ghz Athlon XP processor
512 sdram memory
80 gig hard drive
40x10x40 cd-rw

Comps fast enough... What are you looking into as far as preamps??? The SB is OK I know the audigy has digital inputs and that is good but if you dont know about the word latency get to know it real good. It is the time from when you say something until you hear it through a computers soundcard. As far as Ive heard anything below 20 MS sounds bad.. It like a delay for example... Get the best card that you can multiple tracks at a low latency... You will thank me later......

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I'm gonna have to get me an external Firewire Hard Drive real soon. Those Glyph Rack mountable ones look ok, but they're so damned expensive. I can get twice as much space for half the amount from the apple site

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
View 1 said:

When you format a hard drive you can set it up to have different zones you could say ( I forget the actuall word ). What it means is that you can split up your hard drive into different parts basically, that is the definition of PARTITION. I've never done this but basically it means that you could use your single hard drive as two. It would read your programs from one part, and then record your audio to the other part.

If I'm wrong in any way feel free to correct me but this was my basic understanding of it.
no correction needed u seem 2 b on point. lets say a person has a 60 gig 7200 rpm drive. when you do a disk defragment and scan disk its going to scan that ENTIRE 60 gb drive.

if you break the 60 gig drive down (using fat 32) you can break it into 3 20 gig drives or 6 ten gig drives.

when your playing back your files it isnt searching the ENTIRE 60 gig. only the section where you put the music. when its time to defragment you will defrag THAT section.

on my pc i have a,c,d,e,f,g,h,i and j drives

a is the floppy

c and e is a 5400 rpm drive thats partioned into 2 segments.

e,f,g and h is a 7200 rpm drive partioned into four segments.

i and j are cd rom and burner.

try defragmenting a LARGE drive after *SERIOUS* sessions,tweeks etc etc etc. its going to take 4ever and a day.

:h: