What is the sample for Devin The Dude - Georgy????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
its off the first album - tone capone produced the track

mc lyte also sampled that song

the song is Toto "Georgy Porgy"

i personally didnt like that beat, one of the few tone capone beats i dont feel

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah he just basically remade MC Lytes song. Its the same title and basically the same subject matter. The insert sais it samples Georgy Porgy which was the name of her song. I dont know if there was an older song that used that also.
My bd didnt see the post above

Oct 10, 2002
i just have to ask cause some of yall might be young, you have heard the nursey rhyme Georgy Porgy right? Its a classic too, but maybe you haven't cause people these days don't pass that shit on to their kids anymore. I think

Apr 25, 2002
AC Transit said:
its off the first album - tone capone produced the track

mc lyte also sampled that song

the song is Toto "Georgy Porgy"

i personally didnt like that beat, one of the few tone capone beats i dont feel
Thanks a lot man, seems like a lot of these questions I have you are the guy with the information. I love sample collecting, if you are ever wondering what a sample is or need a particular one, holler at me I might be able to help you.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

xpanther206 said:
I love sample collecting, if you are ever wondering what a sample is or need a particular one, holler at me I might be able to help you.
Since were talking about samples, do you have Tom Scott and LA Express Sneakin In The Back? Ive been trying to get that sample for a long ass time. For those that dont know its the sample used in Kid Frosts Eastside Story and Dj Magic Mike used it too...

Apr 25, 2002
MR RY said:
Since were talking about samples, do you have Tom Scott and LA Express Sneakin In The Back? Ive been trying to get that sample for a long ass time. For those that dont know its the sample used in Kid Frosts Eastside Story and Dj Magic Mike used it too...
No I don't have that one, I tried to get it on the service I use to download (Limewire) and got no hits, I'll try again tomorrow, it's now on my get list.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
What sample is DTD's "Anything"?

Jay Tee just recently used a similar sample for his song "One & Only Son."

Been trying to find the original song. I think it might be the same title as above, I don't know what group it is though, I tried searching up with lyric quotes but nothing comes up.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

xpanther206 said:
No I don't have that one, I tried to get it on the service I use to download (Limewire) and got no hits, I'll try again tomorrow, it's now on my get list.

Ive been trying to get it off bearshare for about a month now but none of the files will complete. If I get it first ill send it to ya....

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Mr. Samos said:

Been trying to find the original song. I think it might be the same title as above, I don't know what group it is though, I tried searching up with lyric quotes but nothing comes up.

Anybody know of this fucking sample?

THANKS.

Dec 16, 2005
Mr. Samos said:

devins - anything is a rick james sample from the song - hollywood.