what is the real value of cds nowadays

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2008
i dont know i see shit on amazon and im not sure what the real value of a cd is anymore.

for example, im not gona buy this cd, its jsut an example. - lets take this

bad-n-fluenz cd. it goes for 99 on amazon.

what would it go for on ebay?

also, what do you think is the real value of the cd.

also, is there like a formula or percentage amount from a price from amazon or froma price from ebay?

like that influenz cd is 99 on amazon. so would the real value be like maybe 60% or 50% of amazon or ebay.

so at most shoudl the real value of th cd be like 50 bones or some shit.

i know you cant value a sentimental purchase, but lets leave that bullshit emotional 'dont play with my emotions smokey' and get a lil economics/scientific here.

what chall thank?

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
You can ask a different question. A seller has a couple of cds for a Buy-It-Now price on eBay and they stay like that for months. How much would they go for if it were an auction? And there's no easy answer; in majority of cases they go for way less.

There's Home Of The Killa Sharks listed for $300 on eBay. On the auction it went for approx. $75 a couple of days back. The higher the Buy-It-Now Price the bigger the difference is, that's obvious, but sometimes even the percentage is higher (or lower, depending on how you're counting it), in the above example the auction price was like 25% of the Buy-It-Now one.

Jul 6, 2008
cool tahnx for the response, but i wasnt really thinking bout ultra rare cds like the one you listed. but i guess you right it will vary depending on the rarity of the cd.

you know im just gonna bookmark a couple i see on ebay that are also on amazon and see what the percentage differences are.

still there has to be a range percentaage wise or dolalr wise to what the real value of the cd is compared to the actual asking price or final auction price is.

ill jsut do a lil research.

May 1, 2009
Ya its very odd how some stuff will be buy it now for an unreal price- here are a few pretty much every 999wayz listing is over the top, then you see the cds they have listed going for 25-30% of their asking price. If you are going to take the time to list something and want to sell it make it cost effective or you will sit on it. I have a ton of stuff to sell but I am gonna wait a few years or until this economy improves

Jan 6, 2003
Unless the amazon seller is a greedy bastard, a rule of thumb is that the same CD goes for 50% on ebay, not to offend anyone on here :)

Oct 15, 2004
you cant even look at amazon really cuzz they got shit on there that you can buy for change and they sell them for 200

Jul 6, 2008
i think ill categorize them into ultra rare, rare outta print, and recently out of print but rare.

im just trying to figure out what the seller should expect to get and what the buyer should pay without going over a certain threshold.

yea you guys might have the precentages is right between %50-70% of a market listing for rare out of print.

the ultra rare ones are dicey to figure, but i think they just go top dollar, no matter what.

id check the recently out of print, but rare cds, but they probably will apreciate in a couple years to rare out of print..

but music is music and someones bound to pay. ive bought some crazy shit over the yeras and its well worth it. for the price, the music over the years has never deprciated for me. so the purchases have been well worth it.

thanx again for the discussion folks.